Skip to main content
Topic: Who will rise, stagnate or fall in 2014. (Read 9306 times) previous topic - next topic

Who will rise, stagnate or fall in 2014.

It's another crystal ball thread but in light of the best 22 threads I'm curious as to how the list competes with itself.

Rise

Levi, Bell, Docherty, Hendo, Everitt, Menzel, Daisy, 2E, Graham, Temay, McInnes, Bootsma, Kreuzer.

Stagnate+

Judd, Murphy, Walker, Gibbs, Garlett, Warnock, Cachia, Curnow, Mclean, Watson, Waite, Rowe, Simpson, Army.

Stagnate -

Robbo, Yarran, Carrazzo, Scotland, Jamo.

Fall

Lucas, Ellard, White, Duigs, Buckley.

The Kids are spared any critique at this time.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Re: Who will rise, stagnate or fall in 2014.

Reply #1

It's another crystal ball thread but in light of the best 22 threads I'm curious as to how the list competes with itself.

Rise

Levi, Bell, Docherty, Hendo, Everitt, Menzel, Daisy, 2E, Graham, Temay, McInnes,  Kreuzer.
Yazz, Gibbs, Watson,

Stagnate+

Judd, Murphy, Walker, Warnock, Cachia, Curnow, Mclean, Waite, Rowe, Simpson, Army, Garlett

Stagnate -

Robbo, Carrazzo, Scotland, Jamo, White.

Fall

Lucas, Ellard,  Duigs, Buckley, Bootsma

The Kids are spared any critique at this time.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #2
Rise
Menzel, Graham, Watson, Cripps

Fall
Rowe, Lucas, Casboult, White,
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #3
Rise

Levi, Bell, Docherty, Hendo, Everitt, Menzel, Daisy, 2E, Graham, Temay, McInnes, Bootsma, Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy, Walker, Gibbs, Garlett, Warnock, Cachia, Curnow, Mclean, Watson, Waite, Rowe, Simpson, Army, Robbo, Yarran, Carrazzo, Scotland, Jamo, Lucas, Ellard, White, Duigs, Buckley, Carlton's 17th Premiership Cup.

Stagnate+

NA

Stagnate -

NA

Fall

NA
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #4
I' believe Cripps, Giles and Holman  will have their best season with us thus far...lol!

Reply #5
I' believe Cripps, Giles and Holman  will have their best season with us thus far...lol!

Throw in Wood and I think you're on to something there Jimbo!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6

likewise Daisy and Everitt.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7

likewise Daisy and Everitt.

If you refer to my OP I have Daisy and Everitt on the rise and the Kids on standby. But I get it we need to inject humour into the posts so lets rock with our cock out as it were. ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #8
Buckley must get his house in order this year or he won't make it to 2015. I have faith in the kid. I'm expecting him to come from the clouds a bit this year and surprise the AFL world with his impact.

C'mon kid. We're all backing you!!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #9
I would suspect that Dylan Buckley will be given every opportunity in the preseason comp to stake his claim.  I'm not sure where he will fit in and who he'll be edging out??

Reply #10
I would suspect that Dylan Buckley will be given every opportunity in the preseason comp to stake his claim.  I'm not sure where he will fit in and who he'll be edging out??

With Betts gone there's definitely a spot for him. Especially if we play Garlett and Yarran through the middle a bit more, which we'll need to given we've only drafted slower inside type mids.

Reply #11
Sorry, but I really expect everyone to improve in 2014. Those who do not will be the 2014 non-hackers and subsequently removed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #12

With Betts gone there's definitely a spot for him. Especially if we play Garlett and Yarran through the middle a bit more, which we'll need to given we've only drafted slower inside type mids.
I don't think we can play all three of them in a team. Just too small imo.

Didnt work with Betts and i can't see why that would change with Buckley.

As talented as Garlett and Yarran are, they should only play as small forwards, HBF's or wingmen. Having 3 small blokes robs you firstly of size around the contest and a midfield rotation, which i thought was a bit of a problem for us. Already have Murph around the contest, and we need him there, but we can't afford to go in so small next year. Yarran, Garlett, Murph, Scotto and Simmo all 182cm and under, start throwing in Armfield 181cm, Buckley 179cm and Graham 182cm and will start looking like a TAC under 16's side, and we will be bashed up by the Hawks, Swans, Cats and Dockers.

Don't get me wrong what they lack in height they make up for in speed, skill, heart and tenacity but midfields are getting bigger by the year, and we need to follow suit with guys that are 188cm plus.

Obviously a couple of major exceptions such as Ablett 182, Mitchell 179cm and Boomer 172 but they are absolute guns.

Reply #13
There is a player that  a lot are suggesting will fall I spent a couple of hours chatting to him and he seems to be ina very good place and really happy with our coach.

He said MM is an amazing coach and mentor spends a lot of time with everyone talking to them educating them.  Stated that unlike the previous coach who really struggled to communicate with the players outside of his leadership group. 

Also said that everyone has same felling towards MM, strategically and his IP on the game in comparison to the previous as worlds apart.  Anyway we talked other things like a lack of leadership he basically agreed that the club is very limited for leaders but also mentioned the Scotto is probably the true leader of the club..

All in all I was surprised by his attitude and overall comments about MM and I think the most important thing is that the players and coaches are on the same page.  I feeling confident about this year.

Reply #14
I think its not off the hook to name said player The Fangalis.  Nothing ground breaking there and precisely what we would all hope/expect to be hearing out of our playing group.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson