Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74817 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #150
Nah it wasn't lol....but I think I heard a replay of it was he going nutso??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #151
Chris,

I have watched the reply several times, and to me it looks like he stubbed his foot into the turf and fell.

At any rate, it doesn't matter what I think. It's history now, and it's worked out in your favour.

Have fun.

Reply #152
Cheers Paul. ;)

You need to see it from the correct angle there was heavy contact he basically took his left leg as he was about to shoot, from behind. Please note they didn't show the best angle until after the game so anything you saw during was inconclusive.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #154
So anyway...the Greeks to play Costa Rica in the round of 16, not too confident TBH they have topped a very strong group.

With the chance of Iran going through and also Algeria the World Cup certainly has a worldy feel to it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #155
It's wide open, no one looks unbeatable.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #156
@Paul P and MBB

Here you go. ;)

https://vine.co/v/MtnO7MAx0OQ

The angle I saw was even more damning, shows him step straight across his line and take his leg out from behind.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #157
@Paul P and MBB

Here you go. ;)

https://vine.co/v/MtnO7MAx0OQ

The angle I saw was even more damning, shows him step straight across his line and take his leg out from behind.

I'd only seen the replay of him stubbing his toe. Having read the articles there was not a lot of mention about the penalty and that view tells a completely different story.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #158
Christopher, you can call me blind, inept, crazy, biased, whatever you like. When I see that footage, I see as follows :

- the CIV player is behind the Greek player. His front (left ankle) bends in a forward motion on the turf, as if he is trying to stop, change direction etc. His left arm is cocked, and hovers over the Greek players shoulder, like he's trying to avoid contact. The CIV player's left leg catches the Greek players foot, but to me the Greek still looks like he's balanced at that point.

The Greek player to me looks like he's running in a balanced and upright way, until his foot stubs the turf, at which point he loses his balance and falls forward.

Sorry matey, that's what it looks like to me.

Reply #159
You get a sense of how much the World Cup means to people when your 72 year old father rings you up at quarter to 8 in the morning going nuts on the phone!!

Reply #160
You get a sense of how much the World Cup means to people when your 72 year old father rings you up at quarter to 8 in the morning going nuts on the phone!!

Is your father here or in Greece ?

Reply #162
The CIV player's left leg catches the Greek players foot

PENALTY!

Trying to avoid contact does not make it any less a penalty. Samaras' foot clearly stubs the turf due to the contact made. Penalty every day of the week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #163
Gentlemen, please. Let's not squabble over such things. What's done is done and it doesn't really matter. The important thing is the Italians have been eliminated.

Reply #164
:))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!