Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood (Read 2924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #46
Ollie a bit stiff IMO.

Still puts in every week even if the results are not as good as they could be......which is more than what some others do.....inluding one of the ins at least.

I don’t think you can fault Ollie’s effort but I suspect that he might benefit from freshening up in the Magoos.  Same with Kemp and Carroll; the three of them should light it up against Werribee.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
Our line-up:

B: [6] Zac Williams, [33] Lewis Young, [2] Lachlan Cowan
HB:  [39] Alex Cincotta,  [23] Jacob Weitering,  [24] Nic Newman
C:  [28] David Cuningham,  [9] Patrick Cripps,  [13] Blake Acres
HF:  [46] Matthew Cottrell,  [10] Harry McKay,  [20] Elijah Hollands
F:  [44] Matthew Owies,  [30] Charlie Curnow,  [12] Tom De Koning
R:  [27] Marc Pittonet,  [18] Sam Walsh,  [29] George Hewett
Int:  [37] Jordan Boyd,  [7] Matthew Kennedy,  [14] Orazio Fantasia,  [19] Corey Durdin,  [5] Adam Cerra

Em:  [17] Brodie Kemp,  [4] Oliver Hollands,  [16] Jack Carroll

Considering our injury problems, this isn't bad line-up. It is a pity that a number of our players are not in great touch.

[1] I was a bit surprised by Kemp's demotion, but he didn't have a good one last week. He has been very up and down this year.

[2] Orazio is very lucky. I hope he can produce this week, as he's only kicked 1 goal for us as yet.

[3] I can understand why Ollie Hollands and Jack Carroll come out. Cerra is a better option. Ollie's form hasn't been great for all the work he has been doing. With a little luck, he might pick up some form. Jack Carroll I'm yet to be convinced about. But a good 20 - 30 possessions game in the 2's will help him no end.

[4] Mattie Owies is a little lucky to remain. He has made some terrible errors in the last few weeks. Corey Durdin is probably ever luckier. I was surprised to see us give him an extra 2 years. Both guys need to produce this week.

[5] Young  :-\  I hope he can have a good one. Cox isn't the best forward if you body him. Give him the run at the ball, and he can be a real pain in the posterior.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
Overall happy with the changes except Fantasia. Doesn't deserve a recall, however I suspect the discussion with him is let's find out what he can bring to the table in the first half of the season. If he doesn't lift in the next few weeks, I don't think you'll see him for the rest of the year unless there is a major injury crisis.

Reply #49
There is not one emergency I would replace Fantasia with tbh.

Reply #50
I thought that Fantasia could be handy injury cover when we signed him.  The injuries to Martin and Motlop created an opportunity for him and he’s made the most of it.

Fantasia is a smart footballer who provides leadership, forward pressure and demands a decent opposition defender.  He has missed one game through illness so the MC must be happy with what he’s delivering.  I can’t see that changing at least until Motlop and Martin are back.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
Media are making this one sound like we will win comfortably. Degoey is a big loss no doubt but we still have troops out in the back half and need to pay very careful
attention to Elliott Hill and co. They still have majority of their flag team in and imo this is a 50/50 game and Voss talking tough in the presser and at selection wont count for anything once the ball is bounced.

Reckon they will be loving the underdog tag in this.

Has all the hall marks of a upset and we cannot afford a slow start against this mob.

Reply #52
They have some firepower up forward with small/medium forwards when they move the ball quickly.....Hill, Schultz, Elliot, McCreary and Hoskin-Elliot etc. We should win it in the middle but need to rely more than just bombing it into Harry and Charlie and hoping they can mark it.

Reply #53
I agree Shawny. No doubt we’ve come a long way since the bad old days, but I hope the players and coaches don’t drink the Kool-Aid.

Reply #54
I don't get the favorites tag as we have SOOOO many injuries, they get a couple and it's panic stations.
We are still a work in progress, being the reigning Premiers with a couple of injuries should still make them the favorites.
Hopeful for a win but more to the point NO MORE injuries!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #55
Yes agree BluePhantom. We need a few of our good players back and playing most of the season if we are to string together enough wins for a top 4/8 finish.

Reply #56
Schulz in particular reserves his best for us.  3 goals a game I reckon he would regularly score when he was at Freo.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #57
Media are making this one sound like we will win comfortably. Degoey is a big loss no doubt but we still have troops out in the back half and need to pay very careful
attention to Elliott Hill and co. They still have majority of their flag team in and imo this is a 50/50 game and Voss talking tough in the presser and at selection wont count for anything once the ball is bounced.

Reckon they will be loving the underdog tag in this.

Has all the hall marks of a upset and we cannot afford a slow start against this mob.

The footy media is suffering from a bout of puppy love after hearing Vossy's post game response to our Geelong loss.  However, Vossy has since made it clear that he changed his assessment of the Geelong game within 48 hours.

We're playing some brilliant footy but only in bursts - perhaps it's not possible to maintain that intensity for a whole game.  We could blow Collingwood away with a quarter of our best footy, or we could let them back into the game with some mediocre footy.  They're not travelling well and De Goey out is a big loss for them.  However, anything less than a four quarter effort from us will simply play them back into form.

According to Matty Kennedy, our players are hurting after the Geelong loss and know what's required to beat Collingwood.  Let's hope they are switched on and get the job done.

Reply #58
Elliott and Mihocek normally dine out us and Sidebottom runs around by himself racking it up. If I see that Ill spew up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #59
The footy media is suffering from a bout of puppy love after hearing Vossy's post game response to our Geelong loss.  However, Vossy has since made it clear that he changed his assessment of the Geelong game within 48 hours.

We're playing some brilliant footy but only in bursts - perhaps it's not possible to maintain that intensity for a whole game.  We could blow Collingwood away with a quarter of our best footy, or we could let them back into the game with some mediocre footy.  They're not travelling well and De Goey out is a big loss for them.  However, anything less than a four quarter effort from us will simply play them back into form.

According to Matty Kennedy, our players are hurting after the Geelong loss and know what's required to beat Collingwood.  Let's hope they are switched on and get the job done.
Our blokes ate pressure for breakfast last year (second half), we are struggling to cope this year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time