Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 38643 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #195
Agree but or these kids will get smashed off the park.
We need mature bodies around the contest.
Makes no sense playing him on a wing or flank.

Agreed, if Kerridge is in, he needs to be in the heat!

Agree with both gents, but would prefer he does a Crippa and focuses more on hand balling and less on kicking - will get himself and the team into less trouble

Reply #196
While the likes of Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond etc have vile uncouth supporters, Melbourne has pompous ar$ehole$. They have not had a decent sniff since 1964, had 26 resets or rebuilds in that time with no silverware to show for it (I've seen 8 premierships in that time, Buddy!).  I remember a wanker back in Lance's day say that they'll win 5 flags before we win our next because we play fat slobs! 'Go Dees!!' Yeh good luck, they'll build up to let down again...nothing surer! 

Reply #197
Agree but or these kids will get smashed off the park.
We need mature bodies around the contest.
Makes no sense playing him on a wing or flank.

I'm looking for education and a couple of kids to stand up for the future...I expect to be smashed off the park either way...
I agree Kerridge will provide more cover but I'm over looking for respectable losses or saving some kids from a bruise or two.....

Reply #198
Agree with both gents, but would prefer he does a Crippa and focuses more on hand balling and less on kicking - will get himself and the team into less trouble

That is exactly what I am on about, if we let the opposition set Kerridge up as our distributor of the football, that is our fault not his!

These are the basics we do not do well, we are too robotic.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #199
While the likes of Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond etc have vile uncouth supporters, Melbourne has pompous ar$ehole$. They have not had a decent sniff since 1964, had 26 resets or rebuilds in that time with no silverware to show for it (I've seen 8 premierships in that time, Buddy!).  I remember a wanker back in Lance's day say that they'll win 5 flags before we win our next because we play fat slobs! 'Go Dees!!' Yeh good luck, they'll build up to let down again...nothing surer!

Yep they have plenty of them but we did encounter a couple of their vile uncouth types on Sunday as well.  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #200
I agree Kerridge will provide more cover but I'm over looking for respectable losses or saving some kids from a bruise or two.....

Bruises always get better, brains(minds) do not necessarily heal!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #201
"Carlton draftee Lochie O'Brien also copped $2000 for rough conduct against Melbourne's Bayley Fritsch."

What the.......!?!?

Reply #202
"Carlton draftee Lochie O'Brien also copped $2000 for rough conduct against Melbourne's Bayley Fritsch."

What the.......!?!?

Yeah, obviously didn't hit him hard enough!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #203
Yeah, obviously didn't hit him hard enough!

Dont even remember that incident :o

Fritsch is a handy player, what is it with teams who always get the same type of players...Fritsch is a Jeremy Howe clone who was a Russell Robertson type....

Reply #204
While the likes of Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond etc have vile uncouth supporters, Melbourne has pompous ar$ehole$. They have not had a decent sniff since 1964, had 26 resets or rebuilds in that time with no silverware to show for it (I've seen 8 premierships in that time, Buddy!).  I remember a wanker back in Lance's day say that they'll win 5 flags before we win our next because we play fat slobs! 'Go Dees!!'Yeh good luck, they'll build up to let down again...nothing surer!

I'm sure plenty said the same about the Tigers in recent times. The Dees are not flag favourites, but they are up and about and if they can stay focussed and lose the flakiness, they will go deep in September IMO.

Every club has its share of wanker supporters.

Reply #205
Back in the 90s, I had an AFL membership and used to sit in the Elliott stand at PP as it had an area set aside for us. As AFL members,  naturally we always sat with/amongst the opo AFL members and I can tell you, of all the teams supporters I sat with? Melb supporters were the worst by a long way. And the blue rinse hair brigade too old to go to Mt Buller on the weekends, were some of the worst. When they were winning, they were disgraceful towards us, when they were losing, they would eat their own like I have never witnessed since. The famous last game at PP vs Melb? They were so bad, I had to get up and leave early in the 3rd as I feared for what I was going to do to a few of them. True story.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #206
They were so bad, I had to get up and leave early in the 3rd as I feared for what I was going to do to a few of them. True story.

My mate is a Handbaggers fan, lifelong supporter, always use to go to the footy. He was at "The G" watching the Handbaggers play the Dees, and every-time he barracked to loudly this grumpy old blue rinse Dees supporter behind him would poke him in the ribs with her umbrella. At halftime he complained to the police the did nothing. After the 3rd Qtr my mate lost it turn around and grab the umbrella and broke it in half before giving it back to her. He was frog marched out of "The G" and banned for life!

Hardly seems fair does it!

Lochie O'Brien gets $2000 for rough contact while Bernie Vince gets to jump off the ground and hit Daisy in the face with his shoulder!

Watch the video on this page from about the 25s mark!

https://dwo3ckksxlb0v.cloudfront.net/media/or/oe6FKoyYTY1/ca/gVeE8hmyTVt/as/ss3nYZTbgiI/wIgb_xt2SY3369rq_mbr_2000000_1526786663898.mp4

Vince is not even looking at the football!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #207
When I see half a dozen players run out in long sleeves, presumably because it's cold, that tells me that they're probably not of a mindset to endure the pain that's necessary to win. Think about that.

Its amazing how perspective can change if people open their minds a little.

They might have worn long sleeves because they were cold, or perhaps there is a little more to it.

Bryce Gibbs wore long sleeves on Friday night when it bucketed down, and the commentary team were lauding his brains for thinking about the footy being easier to mark in the wet due to having long sleeves.

Unfortunately for us, that didnt quite pan out, but I think this comment is putting two and two together and coming up with 145.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #208
Its amazing how perspective can change if people open their minds a little.

They might have worn long sleeves because they were cold, or perhaps there is a little more to it.

Bryce Gibbs wore long sleeves on Friday night when it bucketed down, and the commentary team were lauding his brains for thinking about the footy being easier to mark in the wet due to having long sleeves.

Unfortunately for us, that didnt quite pan out, but I think this comment is putting two and two together and coming up with 145.

It's interesting, I'm not sure about the materials or tech in the jumpers today, but back in my day long sleeve jumpers made you neither warmer nor better at marking. The only thing they guaranteed was that in the rain you'd be carrying around any extra kilo or two once they were soaked and covered in mud!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #209
It's interesting, I'm not sure about the materials or tech in the jumpers today, but back in my day long sleeve jumpers made you neither warmer nor better at marking. The only thing they guaranteed was that in the rain you'd be carrying around any extra kilo or two once they were soaked and covered in mud!

I imagine what they are stating is true of marking a wet footy.

material would add friction to a leather ball making it much easier to catch than wet skin.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson