Skip to main content
Topic: Rookies and Kids Snapshot for 2014 (Read 9890 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rookies and Kids Snapshot for 2014

Reply #15
Didn't Shane Hughes get demoted as recruiter?

Wayne Hughes was demoted....swapped roles with Shane Rodgers and then we recruited Luke Williams to do their job for them,  then he didnt like the job anymore and quit.

Aren't Wayne and Shane just getting the guys MM tells 'em to?

Hope not. I would expect these guys to be providing very detailed write ups, including video on all prospects plus providing cut down versions so the list management can make informed decisions.

Reply #16
Wayne & Shane: Football Recruiters

Starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.

Summer 2014.

Reply #17
Didn't Shane Hughes get demoted as recruiter?

Wayne Hughes was demoted....swapped roles with Shane Rodgers and then we recruited Luke Williams to do their job for them,  then he didnt like the job anymore and quit.

Aren't Wayne and Shane just getting the guys MM tells 'em to?

Hope not. I would expect these guys to be providing very detailed write ups, including video on all prospects plus providing cut down versions so the list management can make informed decisions.

That would be expecting them to do the job they are paid to do. Does this exist anymore.  ;D

I expect recruiting staff to find players with footy skills and not just athletic types, and players that will come on sooner and not take 5 years of potential developing, just so they move on before they really do anything at our club. Choose bigger bodies, players with skills, and players with ticker and courage.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.