Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 417665 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3285
His whole political history is a prime example of this, surely ?
@PaulP Sorry I fixed it, should have written "global politics".

I was trying to discuss Trump's influence on dud politicians in other countries, the low end bottom feeders are adopting his tactics pretty much everywhere you look! Trump's behaviour like a universal user manual for how to sh1t in the pool and peg the blame on someone else!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3286
@PaulP Sorry I fixed it, should have written "global politics".

I was trying to discuss Trump's influence on dud politicians in other countries, the low end bottom feeders are adopting his tactics pretty much everywhere you look! Trump's behaviour like a universal user manual for how to sh1t in the pool and peg the blame on someone else!

Perhaps he has emboldened a few, but he isn't the first in recent times by any means. Berlusconi and Orbán immediately spring to mind as forerunners. I've said a few times that the left is basically dead, and the world is shifting to the right, with barely any exceptions, and barely any resistance.

Reply #3287
Perhaps he has emboldened a few, but he isn't the first in recent times by any means. Berlusconi and Orbán immediately spring to mind as forerunners. I've said a few times that the left is basically dead, and the world is shifting to the right, with barely any exceptions, and barely any resistance.

I would be very reluctant to attribute any trend setting to a bloke who has never had an original thought in his life.  I think that his success in being elected to the Presidency and getting the presumptive Republican nomination for the next election may have emboldened populist and totalitarian leaders.  They have more ruthless and successful (if I can use that word) authoritarian figures to follow, as has the likely Republican nomination himself.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball