Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92927 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #195
So why bother emloyin a coach Thry?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #196

So he can implement the change that we want to see.  The players taking so long to respond is on them not the coach.  Its not a complicated message that gets delivered but you have to be listening to hear it, and you need to be smart enough to understand it.

When have you labelled any of our group smart? How often do they kick to the low percentage option?  Eddie betts vs Carlisle in the air or something equally stupid where Hendo is two on one against? 

This is why its taking so long to get through to them.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #197
Im gob smacked as to how people can continue backing the players and pointing at the coach.  These guys did the exact same thing when Ratten was coaching for his career and finals were on the line last year.  A season on and our coach has been with this mob for less than 12 months and these guys have done it again with finals on the line again.

The players lost me when they failed to rally behind the coach.  Why?  Because they are a group that have been molly coddled to the point that they can only play well when everything is going to plan.

Miss a few shots at goal and the collective crap their dacks.

Its time for us to back someone to do whatever it takes.

Nothing had changed in 12 months and that's not a failing of the coach?

We should just let then run themselves and save the mill then.

Of course nothing has changed in twelve months.  The playing group is still the same and they are too busy playing for themselves and lack the collective stones to rally behind their coach to save his job and play finals.

I was dissapointed to see Ratten go, because as much as he failed his players his players failed him, and I will not back anyone but Malthouse because at least he has a proven track record of doing a good job and might be the only person at the club who can claim this (judd aside who is not who he used to be).  Collingwood might have been almost premiers under mick for much of his tenure but given just how bad we have been for roughly 13 years now, i would take that over the making up numbers team we have been.

Something has changed.

Our late season feel good moment - smashing the Bombers by 60+ points has been replaced by incompetence.

I know the old game plan had to go, I know the players aren't good enough to win a flag but I also know MM doesn't have all the answers and sometimes doesn't have any answers at all.

He needs some quality assistants, quality fitness staff and better recruiters and FMD that MC has to change.

He might be able to improve the team, but he has deficiencies as well and if the club are going to stick with him they better address them or he'll be shown to be yesterdays man yet again and we'll go down with him.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #198

So he can implement the change that we want to see.  The players taking so long to respond is on them not the coach.  Its not a complicated message that gets delivered but you have to be listening to hear it, and you need to be smart enough to understand it.

When have you labelled any of our group smart? How often do they kick to the low percentage option?  Eddie betts vs Carlisle in the air or something equally stupid where Hendo is two on one against? 

So Port has better and smarter players than us?

#united #reset

Reply #199

Port has a better team balance and two of the sharpest most accurate key forwards in the comp

Reply #200

I don't think they do Shades.

I'm convinced the secret to their success is a positive and enthusiastic coach, assistants, club pres and admin full of confidence about where they are going. They ALSO RATE THEIR LIST.

We have a negative coach with dodgy assistants coaches, fitness staff he doesn't rate a board and Pres with no answers and they've publicly TRASHED THE LIST.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #201
Last time we met this team Waite kicked a lazy 7 goals out of the 10 we managed.

Yet all game that's right all game he plays defence while we struggle to put goals on the board. :-\

Not enough being said about this.

The team is insipid no doubt but MM is not half the coach he was. 

I love his passion and loved watching him go mad every now and then when coaching the pies but his weekly demeanor suggests something is very wrong.

Standing in the box, hitting and throwing things, incorporative press conferences all point to a man who has lost control as its obvious he has no way of getting the success most thought he would. Being such a proud man he is so bloody frustrated he can't hide it. I think he took this gig quietly thinking he inherited a Geelong that with with him giving the odd spray and maybe just his presence he could get us further then our previous coach. WRONG.

So how do we buy ourself out of this one?  Buying at the time the best player in the comp failed. Sacking our nutcase FF failed didnt do much. Sacking a past legend and buying the most expensive coach in the afl will ultimately be another fail.

We are in a heap of sh1t. Sorry but being a big player in this years draft is not going to fix this mess. It time to start again. Its not top up time. A heap of pain ahead. Murphy being our captain pretty much sums up what we are about. If he doesn't stand down at years end the club must make the decision for him.

I have been feeling in for the last 18 months so this is no knee jerk one bad loss reaction but I am over the afl and worse I'm over my team. 

They both stand for nothing and treat supporters like fools.

Not anymore. Might still watch our game if I have nothing else going on but there will be no membership, no going to games, no watching daily rubbish footy shows-all this is gone for good.

Time to move on.
Shhh, Shawny people here get upset if you even think that the coach should take any blame for a wasted year  ;)

Agree 100% on Waite sitting in defense all night, he frrrkn owned Carlisle in the last game  >:(
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #202
When Malthouse got to this place he talked about the game plan and the players standing by him.

You have a much bigger issue than that Mick. This is as mentally weak group of players as you will see. They are ill-disciplined and do not work hard enough. We have also recruited precious little young talent over the last little bit so we also have a group that is somewhat entrenched in their ways.

Being predictable as it comes is only going to work if we have the hardest working side in the competition. Under Ratten, the opposition put numbers at the stoppages, crowded our space. Under Malthouse, they do the same thing but on the boundary line and for the next contest. The players don't work hard enough.

If we are going to hug the boundary, then we need to work hard to keep the ball trapped in that area of the ground. Our opposition does not find it difficult to open up our zone over the ground by making a switch or finding a dangerous man all by himself.

This is again a workrate issue.

The only hope I have is that Ross Lyon was able to take a pretty soft bellied team and make them work as hard as any group out there... twice. Good luck Mick.

Reply #203
Our game plan is to ignore fantastic attacking options through the middle and kick to one on ones down the boundary. The amount of time we have a great option and ignore it to go to a one on one is so frustrating aint no way that game plan is going to get you a premiership nowadays.

One problem I noticed is certain senior players ignore better options because of who the player is and this has been going on for years now. Scotland had Duigan on his own the centre square, ignored him and kicked it long and high to Marc Murphy who had to out mark his opponent. Murph has never taken a contested mark in his life.
Or it could have something to do with the gameplan, being to run the boundary line at all costs, take a risk in centering the ball and you're in the 2s .  The reason we never had clean entries into our 50 is that the Cheats just ran to cover the boundaries every time, while the rest flood the centre and by the time we get there all the space is gone.  Very frustrating to watch TBH!
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #204
Btw.....wtf was McInnes thinking in that last minute? Take the friggin' mark, compose yourself, ice the clock, give off a cheapie short-pass, a draw ensues (still not ideal, but better than a straight out loss). Deadset panic-merchants.

....really undid all his good work this year for mine.

Yep - thought exactly the same thing. One action can undo so much. No composure & crapped himself.....was a disappointing moment in his young career, as I'm gonna remember him for this for a very long time. Unfair; possibly. Justified; absolutely.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #205
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Dominated the game largely. At one stage had 16 of the last 18 scoring shots. And lost the game of footy.

Just mentally inept. And nothing to fall back to when the going gets tough. This was Ratts biggest failing, yet 12 months on I see nothing has changed.

I guess we can write off the season now, most supporters were happy to anyway.

Twelve months on ...... same list, same Leopards, same spots !
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #206
I think that's very much a part of it Goat. Robbo was dropped for taking options through the middle wasn't he? Players like Yarran, Murphy, Gibbs et al need space to be at their best. I think Carrazzo's form and injury has been a big loss for us this year because he does work so hard both ways.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #207
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Dominated the game largely. At one stage had 16 of the last 18 scoring shots. And lost the game of footy.

Just mentally inept. And nothing to fall back to when the going gets tough. This was Ratts biggest failing, yet 12 months on I see nothing has changed.

I guess we can write off the season now, most supporters were happy to anyway.

Twelve months on ...... same list, same Leopards, same spots !

I don't disagree, but isn't the point of the coach to Change these spots. Ala Lyon at Fremantle?

Or during free agency, draft and trade period, do we have a coach not interested and a board divided about where we are at as a group?

#united #reset

Reply #208
In a way, we are worse off than the scum because they will still have a good side when Hird returns in 12 months time, better than ours anyway. In 12 months time we could be without Judd, Scotland, Carrazzo and even possibly Simpson. We will have zero leadership left at the club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #209
Fark you Carlton. You crape me to farking tears. I can only put up with so much crape in one lifetime. Go and get farked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shove this membership right up your farking collective a55es.
I hate you right at this very moment as much as I hate the very club that beat you tonight.
You could have made the finals and lost by a gazzilion points and I couldnt have given a ratsd tossbag but losing to this mob ...........go and get farked. I hate you. i now barrick for Richmond FFS. Suck on that you hopeless bunch of wannabees !!!!!

Simmo, you are a gem but the rest of you can go and get farked !!
BB you echo my thoughts from last night exactly, except the Richmond thing... reckon I'm going to get on the Gold Coast Suns.
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...