Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 30473 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #45
Weitering seems a little down on confidence... reckon he had a couple of chances to kill the contest, and I'd like to see him back himself a bit more and kick long (forward) out of defence. Almost seems too worried about making a mistake. But he is a 19 year old learning the caper - don't be too worried.

We simply borked up too many gilt edged chances to win that game. Frustrating.

Reply #46
Thought MK was magnificent

Jacks kicking for goal is so good, I really feel confident when He has it in hand.

Charlie's goals was amazing. SPS's excellent!

Thought Gibbs spectated a lot in the first half - Murph was very good.

Plow was fantastic. Kerridge made some Dumb Errors but knows how to find the ball.  Casbolt marked everything. Love that!

Weiters was fine for mine, I didn't think he did anything
The more they all play together the better they'll get.

Umpiring really gave me the craps.

Reply #47
Was the Silvagni mark in the 3rd qtr actually touched?

Reply #48

IMO..NO...umpiring was woeful all day, inconsistent and helped lose us the game IMO..

Reply #49
I also thought Macreadie played really well. His stats say otherwise, but he wasn't there for that. He just seemed to be at the contest. Looked an assured senior AFL footballer to me.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #50
I also thought Macreadie played really well. His stats say otherwise, but he wasn't there for that. He just seemed to be at the contest. Looked an assured senior AFL footballer to me.

I had trouble spotting him early mio.
As soon I said that (to myself, coz nobody listens to me when I watch footy :P), he bobbed up.
Then I noticed him at plenty of contests, ready. No doubt he's absorbing the play and pace at this level. Looking forward to when he can pounce and make his mark. He seems to have the right will, nous, and effort afaic. Good size too.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
crap that loss hurt - at the game, the Blues crowd was willing them over the line and you could see they were beyond totally spent!

Hate Lewis, dickhead
Agree on all the above MO, but look at it another way. If we dont lose Cripps and White we win. Throw in a Josh Kelly, we win. We battled hard two men down and battled the maggots as well. Chin up, the future is bright, in time we will convert these loses into wins and the ledger will look very different...as will this forum.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #52
That's fine... All I am saying is that there is a lot of hype around him, and I am yet to understand why.
Even the post above from GITC, good kick and goes hard...  That doesn't justify hype for mine. But again,  there are a lot  better judges out there than me, just wondering why all the hype is all
I didnt mention or suggest hype, I was suggesting (IMO) he has a place in the side when he is up and running, a soldier if you like. Not a star, just an honest hard worker who will play his role week in week out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
Just watched it on replay

How the screw that was called touch beggars belief! The Melbourne player wasn't claiming he touched it, not once. The umpire closest called it a mark, the umpire behind the play called it touched. Seriously pathetic. The slow mo replay doesn't show the Melbourne players fingers move and as I said, he didn't even say it was touched!

Reply #54
Re: RS nomination

We all agree Charlie gets it this week, right. Some very rational poster mentioned being unaware of 'who else might be deserving'. I've watched most but not all games and thought about the Dockers debutant.

Here's the thing. He was pick 34 in the rookie draft and is 20 - from NT. He kicked 4 goals BTW. Unusual surname Nyhaus (?sp). Would he fit eligibility criteria. I have no idea what the criteria is  :-[

Anyone know?
Henry Ford.

Reply #55
I'm shat off....  Drove 400 km to get radio reception and we had an "honourable" loss.  I call bulldust.  Melbourne are rubbish, they were ripe for the taking.  I'll give them full marks for sheer effort but it wasn't good enough today.  Just what do we do we tradesmen like Kerridge the ball burner, or White, who seems to end every game injured.... Can't win with only cameos from the kids and I'll call the elephant in the room - I'm worried, really worried about Weitering.

As for Fussy, the VFL is the place to find form, not the seniors.

If Melbourne are a finals side the standard of the competition is poor.

Don't listen to the radio rubbish, that was possibly the best football we have played all season! The mix of quick ball movement with tempo control was just about perfect. If not for those injuries I suspect we would have run over the Demons quite easily.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Congratulations Samo.
His goal is in the AFL top 10 plays of the round.
Take a bow son. May there be many many more.
Henry Ford.

Reply #57
Re: RS nomination

We all agree Charlie gets it this week, right. Some very rational poster mentioned being unaware of 'who else might be deserving'. I've watched most but not all games and thought about the Dockers debutant.

Here's the thing. He was pick 34 in the rookie draft and is 20 - from NT. He kicked 4 goals BTW. Unusual surname Nyhaus (?sp). Would he fit eligibility criteria. I have no idea what the criteria is  :-[

Anyone know?

Official criteria, be picked from rookie draft, be from NT, kick multiple goals... ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #58
According to the AFL app Tracker we ran 3km less than Melbourne in the last half.

Affect of rotations at a guess.

Reply #59
I didnt mention or suggest hype, I was suggesting (IMO) he has a place in the side when he is up and running, a soldier if you like. Not a star, just an honest hard worker who will play his role week in week out.

I'm not one to pot players - but - I'd be surprised if Sheehan is on the list next year.

Guys like Byrne and Williamson - even Macreadie - have shown a lot more. Not sure how many HBF'ers you can carry on a list, but we are surely up to pussy's bow.

Sheehan is nearly 27 and I'd have huge doubts he is AFL standard.