Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 30459 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
Official criteria, be picked from rookie draft, be from NT, kick multiple goals... ????

Sshhh don't tell the powers that be. Charlie will never get a nomination. Mind you, that he didn't get it last week suggests he's invisible...
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #61
Give Sheahan a chance. Far more experienced players completely ballsed up in the last term. Gibbs and Daisy had shockers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #62
Give Sheahan a chance. Far more experienced players completely ballsed up in the last term. Gibbs and Daisy had shockers.

They certainly weren't the only two.
Our disposal and decision making was poor.

Reply #63
Agree on all the above MO, but look at it another way. If we dont lose Cripps and White we win. Throw in a Josh Kelly, we win. We battled hard two men down and battled the maggots as well. Chin up, the future is bright, in time we will convert these loses into wins and the ledger will look very different...as will this forum.

If only it were that simple ;)
You're right though, lots to like today, given where we're at.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #64
Our crap ball use, over thinking, indecisiveness then poor execution cost us 4 goals or more in Q2 and Q3.

Weiters push in the back in the dying minutes of Q2 when we had 3 on 1. Simply bloody stoopid....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #65
Our crap ball use, over thinking, indecisiveness then poor execution cost us 4 goals or more in Q2 and Q3.

Weiters push in the back in the dying minutes of Q2 when we had 3 on 1. Simply bloody stoopid....

To be fair to Weiters, yes he shoved him (McDonald ?) but by golly he absolutely launched him !
How strong is weiters going to be in 2 years ?? ????

As for the errors in the last 1/4 particularly, just pure fatigue.
Kudos to Melbourne, they made sure that they ran us off our feet in the last 1/2.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #66
Most of Gibbs' errors were purely because he refused to kick on his left.

When Daisy snaps for goal why does he always feel the need to kick the bladder out of the ball?

Why does Charlie Curnow play on then try to go back and take his kick? 2 weeks in a row he has done that at crucial times.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #67
At least 2, I can't remember the 3rd, but had a few turnovers and also an out of bounds on the full from a set shot.

Gutted to not win, but they played well today and didn't need a lot of things to change to have turned that into a win. Considering the injuries before half time, that is a fair effort.

I love watching Kreuzer this year. Beaten in taps today, but was all over the ground.
Some really good contested grabs by Casboult, perhaps 5? Could have done better with his last two kicks in particular, but he did play a good game. Charlie was immense in the 1st half. I thought Murphy, Gibbs and co all played well as did Simmo, Plowman and Doc up back.

Just started reading this so it may of already been discussed.

It was Sheean, crape himself and handballed directly to Melbourne player which led to the goal that put them in front. Took my daughter with me yesterday, as she only comes a couple of times a year, she has not seen a win for about 3 years, I said to her that she may be able to sing the song at the end of the game as I thought we were in with a real chance in the last 1/4.

I think Simmo had a free kick coming to him against Jetta on the wing in the last couple of minutes. If we win that contest or free kick we kick a certain goal as Doc was streaming down the centre by himself, that would of put us up by a few points I think at that time and with our experience at been so close in a few games we could of killed the ball and locked it in to hold on for the win.. So close yet so far.

Reply #68
I think Simmo had a free kick coming to him against Jetta on the wing in the last couple of minutes.

Agreed, the Dees had a free given their way in almost identical circumstances.

A clear free to Simmo for holding yet nada....

And yes, it would have almost certainly been a goal to us.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69

Lamb's carry on put a couple of the umpires off us.

It's funny how perspective changes perception. We had umpires switched on to the Snow Bunnies tactics, and another umpire that thought it was our inflaming the situation that caused problems.

As an aside, I've never seen a team that throws the ball as much as Melbourne.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70

I think we got the rub of the green with the umpires early (particularly Kreuzer in that ruck contest with Gawn), and it wasnt until we started belting into Lewis at every opportunity that the umpires turned.  Lesson to learn in that.  If you want to be try hard thugs for all game expect not to get the calls your way.

That was 100% the same free kick that Jeff got in front of goal against Sheehan.

Which highlighted Sheehans lack of nous for this sport.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
I think we got the rub of the green with the umpires early (particularly Kreuzer in that ruck contest with Gawn), and it wasnt until we started belting into Lewis at every opportunity that the umpires turned.  Lesson to learn in that.  If you want to be try hard thugs for all game expect not to get the calls your way.

That was 100% the same free kick that Jeff got in front of goal against Sheehan.

Which highlighted Sheehans lack of nous for this sport.

To be fair to Sheehan, he shouldn't be playing on a Garlett type and he shouldn't be the 'goalkeeper'......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #72
To be fair to Sheehan, he shouldn't be playing on a Garlett type and he shouldn't be the 'goalkeeper'......

It's no good complaining about our ball use if the club is going to allow Sheehan to be dragged into the back pocket leaving the likes of Kerridge, Lamb and White trying to hits targets.

Unfortunately, our major ball winners at VFL level might be getting plenty, but they cook it most of the time. It remains a major problem across our club, a lack of composure and a lack of accuracy.

Neither side looked good yesterday, great intent but horrible application. Teams like the Swans and Dawks should tear them a new one in the latter part of the season.

But I'd expect Byrne is an in for next week, and Pickett might be up for a recall just ahead of Graham.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
It's no good complaining about our ball use if the club is going to allow Sheehan to be dragged into the back pocket leaving the likes of Kerridge, Lamb and White trying to hits targets.

i agree entirely though i thought our disposal inefficiency yesterday was far more pervasive....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #74
Frustrating not to win, but gee I'm a proud Bluebagger. Best game I have seen from our lads for some time, and there have been many great games this year, and last to be honest.

Listenting to Brian Taylor, a clear hater of Carlton commentate, and be allowed to be SOOOO one eyed, is both embarrassing for him and annoying for the Carlton viewer, probably any footy lover. I have never ever rated his calling anyway!

The umps hated us again. Some absolute shockers, howlers. I just don't get it!

The effort yesterday was incredible, to say the least! Two men down also. Hoping Cripps is ok, White too. Particularly Crippa!!!

Have been a little concerned with Weitering's lack of intensity and toughness in the contest this year, again yesterday on a number of occasions. Though he started the best I have seen for a while, then seems to get quite timid in  and around the contest. Only a kid, but hopefully he'll impose himself more very soon. I like the kid and he has some serious talent!

Charlie Curnow, you star!