Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 30467 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #105
It wasn't meant as a 1 to 1 comparison.

It was about replacing an important part of your structure.

The fact we were essentially able to replace a guy of Fevs talents, should make people more agreeable when it comes to replacing/upgrading Casboult.

I see - my bad.

Reply #106
It wasn't meant as a 1 to 1 comparison.

It was about replacing an important part of your structure.

The fact we were essentially able to replace a guy of Fevs talents, should make people more agreeable when it comes to replacing/upgrading Casboult.

It's a moot point.
We won't be replacing Casboult any time soon because we simply have no other options, so we'll keep pumping up his tyres as only one eyed football supporters can.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #107
I couldn't care less if he's a better mark than Sticks Kernahan, a full forward's job is to hit the scoreboard.

I almost brought Sticks' name up before.

A lot of people thought he was a terrible kick, and he kinda was.
A lot of people remember the scores tied game against the bombers "any score will do" scenario after the siren. Out on the full.

However, i think it was the very next week that Sticks had a chance to redeem himself and kicked the winner at the death to show he can handle the pressure.

Casboult doesn't exhibit any of those signs to me, quite the opposite.

Reply #108
Secondly,
Your %'s are out of whack. AFL website includes missed shots altogether.
Jack (15.14.4(oob) = 45.5%
Levi (23.13.7(oob) = 53.5%

8% difference between them, not 30.

I think you'll find Casboult has also had a few severe mis-kicks from inside F50 that failed to score but ended up being rushed, marked or punched OOB and won't be counted in those OOB stats.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #109
I think you'll find Casboult has also had a few severe mis-kicks from inside F50 that failed to score but ended up being rushed, marked or punched OOB and won't be counted in those OOB stats.

Yeah, i'm not sure if those OOB ones include that or not. Given Casboult only registered 7 'others' at this stage. I suspect you're right.

Reply #110

Speaking of which, Simmo's effort from 40 metres yesterday was pretty average.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #111
I almost brought Sticks' name up before.

A lot of people thought he was a terrible kick, and he kinda was.
A lot of people remember the scores tied game against the bombers "any score will do" scenario after the siren. Out on the full.

However, i think it was the very next week that Sticks had a chance to redeem himself and kicked the winner at the death to show he can handle the pressure.

Casboult doesn't exhibit any of those signs to me, quite the opposite.

Carey missed from 20 metres dead in front in North's tragic grand final loss to Adelaide, it happens to the best of them.
When Levi has a shot from any more than 30 metres on any sort of angle at all then all you can do is hope, and if he nails it it's a nice surprise, like when he hits up a target with a field kick.
He's an excellent overhead mark, but the rest of his game is why he slipped to pick 40 in the rookie draft.
Given where he was drafted he's done pretty well actually, but it's also an indication of the glaring weaknesses in our side.

Reply #112
Carey missed from 20 metres dead in front in North's tragic grand final loss to Adelaide, it happens to the best of them.
When Levi has a shot from any more than 30 metres on any sort of angle at all then all you can do is hope, and if he nails it it's a nice surprise, like when he hits up a target with a field kick.
He's an excellent overhead mark, but the rest of his game is why he slipped to pick 40 in the rookie draft.
Given where he was drafted he's done pretty well actually, but it's also an indication of the glaring weaknesses in our side.

Is it (re the glaring weaknesses)?

Doggies won a flag without any key forward, Pies have none (Darcy who?), Shockers get by without one,....

our weakness is our midfield, Levi is the least of our concerns.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #113
Didn't Tom Boyd kick 3.2 in the GF ?

Levi has improved, but I'm not sure you can blame his continued flakiness in front of goal to the midfield. If you look over the AFL, he's hardly Pat Malone, but it's still an area of concern. I still feel edgy when he kicks for goal, which is why I advocated playing him either in the goal square or on the wing - essentially where the effects of his strengths are maximized. and his weaknesses are minimized. Otherwise we'll be having the same discussion over and over until he gets cut, or offered a $1M per season contract by Richmond, and becomes the central plank in their charge towards a 3peat.

Reply #114
Didn't Tom Boyd kick 3.2 in the GF ?

Levi has improved, but I'm not sure you can blame his continued flakiness in front of goal to the midfield. If you look over the AFL, he's hardly Pat Malone, but it's still an area of concern. I still feel edgy when he kicks for goal, which is why I advocated playing him either in the goal square or on the wing - essentially where the effects of his strengths are maximized. and his weaknesses are minimized. Otherwise we'll be having the same discussion over and over until he gets cut, or offered a $1M per season contract by Richmond, and becomes the central plank in their charge towards a 3peat.

i'm not, someone spoke of glaring weaknesses. He is not the main problem....

For now, he's quite adequate...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #115
Is it (re the glaring weaknesses)?

Doggies won a flag without any key forward, Pies have none (Darcy who?), Shockers get by without one,....

our weakness is our midfield, Levi is the least of our concerns.

Yes. Another 9 strong marks on the weekend, the junior partner of the best ruck combo in the competition. He's having a good year, getting better as the season goes. He tends to get outside 50 alot so tends to create chances more so than kick goals himself not to mention create alot of opportunities for our smaller players with his physicality. There's a reason why he's getting the attention of other clubs and why the likes of Gary Buckenara called hom one of our untouchables.

Reply #116
Look for a key forward he doesn't kick enough goals. That would be fine if he helped set up other goals but unfortunately his passing is worse than his goal kicking. He is a great mark but is useless when the ball hits the deck. Does he get a game at Adelaide? No. GWS? No. Geelong? No. Melbourne? No. St. Kilda? No. Richmond? Maybe.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #117
In fairness to Meat, had he not had a history of poor kicking his present efforts would not be a concern (in terms of accuracy). Who knows, maybe we haven't given H a go (which would help Meat) yet as SOS wants to make sure our first pick is in the top 5 for draft negotiation purposes  ;) ;D :P
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #118
Look for a key forward he doesn't kick enough goals. That would be fine if he helped set up other goals but unfortunately his passing is worse than his goal kicking. He is a great mark but is useless when the ball hits the deck. Does he get a game at Adelaide? No. GWS? No. Geelong? No. Melbourne? No. St. Kilda? No. Richmond? Maybe.

Geelong yes, Richmond, yes, Collingwood yes, Hawthorn yes, Freo yes, just for starters. So sides don't need his like. Geelong could do with another forward, especially one that can play on the ball. Richmond are apparently offering 2 million for 4 years so it's a bit more than maybe.

He's rated alot higher by footy commentators, other clubs etc than by our supporters. When it comes to supporters with agendas or people that are actually involved with footy certainly be the latter many times over.

Reply #119
He would get a game at other crap sides but not Geelong.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!