Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart (Read 32230 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart

Reply #105
@FB

I think we are definitely trying to win games (not very successfully so far) with the team that we send out, but the selection of that team obviously is more  in line with other agendas.   ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #106
@FB

I think we are definitely trying to win games (not very successfully so far) with the team that we send out, but the selection of that team obviously is more in line with other agendas.   ;)

It is supposed to be a Super Draft this year  . Wouldn't surprise me if we play the kids all season have a terrible year and go deep into the well one more time at the end of the season.
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #107
Yet was not doing much in the 2s in any event? Where's the consistency then with making Big H 'wait' till he's earnt it.

Blokes like Polson are a dime a dozen quite frankly.....blokes like Big H are not. If we're going to lose by playin under ripe kids, play harry FFS.

And finally are we trying to win games or not?

Surely, play Kerridge/Graham - you know what you'll get at minimum. Then if Polson's or Dow's (or O'Brien's) form warrants selection in the 1s they get promoted.
Not rocket science.

Its a balancing act Fly.  What do we do?  Play Kerridge and Graham, get the wins vs North and a few others, finish 10th, and then come end of season cut Polson after two years on the list and two games and say that we are looking to the future?

Or play Polson now, finish 16th winning a few games less, cut him at the end of the year finding out hes not good enough to compete at this level, and go to the draft with an improved drafting position.

Regarding what you say about Harry, there is a couple of blokes ahead of him keeping out of the team, but you wont find an argument for me as to why he should have played against the Gold Coast (on the flipside, we know Harry can compete at this level, his issue seems to be between the ears, regarding workrate and consistency).  Polsons seem to be making an impact.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #108

It is supposed to be a Super Draft this year  . Wouldn't surprise me if we play the kids all season have a terrible year and go deep into the well one more time at the end of the season.

That's not the worst idea, considering that we are already 0-3, history tells you the season is nearly gone already. By round five, if we are 1-4, the season is gone. The North Melbourne game is a real danger for us right now. I only rate us a 50/50 chance here given form and injuries.

We need to know if Polson can play or not, will there be a future? Same with McKay, Kerr and if Jack Silvagni can play another role. Perhaps its now becoming a development year and we need to acknowledge it. I understand with not coming out publicly with that message, players might simply drop their bundle, take on self preservation and performance drops off even further.

Reply #109
I'd probably go with something like:;

Out - Marchbank (inj), Lamb, Polson
In - O'Shea, Kerridge, Graham

Team v Roos:

B: Mullett, Jones, O'Shea
Hb: Cuningham, Weitering, Simpson
C: Murphy, Cripps, Petrevski-Seton
Hf: Garlett, Plowman, Fisher
F: Wright, C.Curnow, Dow
Foll: Kreuzer, Kennedy
Rov: E.Curnow
I/c: Casboult, Graham, Kerridge, Thomas
Emg: Lamb, McKay, O'Brien, J.Silvagni

*Murphy to tag/keep a close check on Higgins. His job is to become the tackle and defensive aggressor from now IMO.

Reply #110
Poor old Harry

To get in the AFL side he has to show something in the VFL side.
But how can you show something in the VFL side playing in the forward line of that side :-\

Reply #111
Poor old Harry

To get in the AFL side he has to show something in the VFL side.
But how can you show something in the VFL side playing in the forward line of that side :-\

No doubt lods, but i reckon the coaches / mc would understand. I reckon we should play him regardless.

Reply #113
Enjoyed BBs media conference and especially like his clarity and determination around our direction. One of the first to put my hand up re posting through 'frustration coloured glasses', I found his firmness and confidence in our direction reassuring. I haven't heard that from a senior coach at the CFC since Parko, though there were strong moments from Ratts. Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but, although still intensely impatient, I get the logic and good sense of the time it's taking considering the major tear down of our list that has occurred.

I'm nervously confident (what!!!!! :o ) of a very good showing in Tassie, by us, that is...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #114
Enjoyed BBs media conference and especially like his clarity and determination around our direction. One of the first to put my hand up re posting through 'frustration coloured glasses', I found his firmness and confidence in our direction reassuring. I haven't heard that from a senior coach at the CFC since Parko, though there were strong moments from Ratts. Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but, although still intensely impatient, I get the logic and good sense of the time it's taking considering the major tear down of our list that has occurred.

I'm nervously confident (what!!!!! :o ) of a very good showing in Tassie, by us, that is...

I'd expect our senior players to lift and beat Nth by 2-3 goals, Boltons words wont mean much if lose a game we should win given how ordinary Nth really are and lacking in A grade talent.
re: Harry...not sure what Polson did better than Harry to get a game and IMO Harry's ventures into senior footy have shown more than Polson...
Remains a mystery to me how we select teams....

Reply #115
I'd expect our senior players to lift and beat Nth by 2-3 goals, Boltons words wont mean much if lose a game we should win given how ordinary Nth really are and lacking in A grade talent.
re: Harry...not sure what Polson did better than Harry to get a game and IMO Harry's ventures into senior footy have shown more than Polson...
Remains a mystery to me how we select teams....

I guess the argument would be team balance. Harry really hasn't shown enough to get a senior gig ahead of Levi, who he'd logically replace otherwise we'd just be too tall. I'd be surprised if Polson gets another go, though we really haven't anyone as quick as he is to replace him.

You'd think Marchbank and Polson out for O'Shea and SOJ.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #116
What we really need to see is a good, hard competitive effort.

Words count for little if they're not backed up.
It doesn't have to be a win but it can't be a deflating loss.

Reply #117
OUT: Marchbank (inj), Lamb, Polson

IN: O'Shea, J. Silvagni, Obrien

Pretty much like for like there.

Reply #118
OUT: Marchbank (inj), Lamb, Polson

IN: O'Shea, J. Silvagni, Obrien

Pretty much like for like there.
Rain and wind predicted for Saturday, ball will spend a lot of time on the ground, hope the boys are up for a scrap.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.