Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56341 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pleasure/pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #75
I thought Daisy was good in the last term, seemed to have some spring back in his step but where was it for the other three quarters.

Nicky G not so good, needs to be improving every week, not putting in performances like that. At least he flew the flag for Sumner kind of made up for it. Looking for a big one from him nek week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #76
Weiters and Curnofides show our drafting is spot on.
Kerridge, Plowman, Phillips, Sumner and Lamb all playing show our trading is spot on (Got all 5 simply by letting Menzel go)
Wright shows we can pick up some free agents as well.

Now all we need is for our senior blokes to stand up.....and learn how to kick goals!

I hope there are some key forwards who can't get a game at other clubs that are on the phone to their manager requesting a trade to Carlton right now. They'd slot right in.

Reply #77
I think most of our senior players are ready to be moved on...the majority aren't even playing up to last year's mediocre level.

The young/new boys are carrying the load.

Reply #78
I think most of our senior players are ready to be moved on...the majority aren't even playing up to last year's mediocre level.

The young/new boys are carrying the load.

Agree. The focus seems to have shifted quite dramatically to the newbies.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
I'm not worried about Buckley.

He is a running defender destined to play the role Simpson currently is, and he'll be good depth too even if he isnt best 22.

Kreuzer on the other hand....  A good ruckman last night would have taken the game by himself.  

Murphy was not involved in a lot last night but his involvement was generally good. 

Gibbs had a shocker and he only lifted when the game got easier.  He must be not 100%.

Perhaps these guys are being asked to sit back more and let the kids work??

I don't know but I bloody well hope so.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80

He is a running defender destined to play the role Simpson currently is, and he'll be good depth too even if he isnt best 22.

Kreuzer on the other hand....  A good ruckman last night would have taken the game by himself.  

Murphy was not involved in a lot last night but his involvement was generally good. 

Gibbs had a shocker and he only lifted when the game got easier.  He must be not 100%.

No chance. We are simply learning that after all this time (and three and half coaches), some of these blokes are not good enough to lead us to success. They are foot soldiers (on a good day) who pick and choose when to put in and that doesnt cut it any more. They are being shown up by younger more talented footballers who have shown they are prepared to put in for 4 qtrs for 22 weeks +.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
Murphy hardly played in the centre square in the first half.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #82

You on the gas last night Thry?

Reply #83
Exactly! I've just got home and I feel I have been present at, maybe not the birth, but maybe the conception of our future. We have the basics of it certainly in Cripps, Weitering and Plowman together with the Curnows and maybe a couple of others. We played to a plan, we hung in there and we lost for the usual reasons. Writing definitely on the wall for some of the older guys - Rowe will be lucky to survive next week after tonight's effort and Levi is on borrowed time unless something changes pdq. Buckley was very very ordinary.

Promising signs for the future though.

Totally agree.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #84
Daisy should be benched permanently. He's old
Injured and ineffectual - he's broken and there's just no point in him continuing in the side, he adds nothing.

NFI what is going on with murph and kruezer and Gibbs Altho I note his hair has grown.

I highly doubt they've been told to take a backseat - I can't imagine any real athlete/competitor going along with those types of instructions.

I think K will come good, daisy should retire, I hope
Murph comes good and Gibbs will either come good or move on end of season.

Reply #85
You on the gas last night Thry?

No, just trying to figure out why blokes who have more to give are not doing a lot and hoping for a reason to do with development of our younger players.

It's hopefully sacrificing their own games to help their teamates grow.

You'll notice I didn't say any of them played well.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #86
Thought Simmo busted his nut again last night. I know sometimes his disposal can be ordinary but his head is always over the ball and has a natural hunger for the contested ball and courage like so few in our team.

After watching Gibbs and Murph stink it up and yes I know murph was crook, I reckon Simmo is the man that should be leading this young group.

Hope he plays on next year and gets to captain us.

Don't want these new kids player withso called senior players that pick and choose when they go and run at half pace. Will stuff their development.

Long overdue and time for a real leader.

Reply #87
Thought Simmo busted his nut again last night. I know sometimes his disposal can be ordinary but his head is always over the ball and has a natural hunger for the contested ball and courage like so few in our team.

After watching Gibbs and Murph stink it up and yes I know murph was crook, I reckon Simmo is the man that should be leading this young group.

Hope he plays on next year and gets to captain us.

Don't want these new kids player withso called senior players that pick and choose when they go and run at half pace. Will stuff their development.

Long overdue and time for a real leader.

Agree wholeheartedly, but I think it's much too late to make Simmo captain. I wanted this to happen 3 or 4 seasons back.

Reply #88
Just watching the newbies.

The backline performed well for a back 6 that barely know each other. Sometimes a back 6 of spuds can play better than a bunch of talented footballers because of how they work as a unit. Poor old Rowe , out bodies his opponent all night and drops the simple mark all night.

2e is struggling but he's trying to create out of The back half in a team that turns the ball over for fun and doesn't provide options because they don't or can't run .

All good. More newbies please bolts.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #89

Buckley isnt strong enough in the body or the air to play half back, dropped a sitter last night and just gets pushed off the ball to easily, Simpson while small can take a mark and hold his ground...I like Buckley but he has a long long way to go....