Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56372 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pleasure/pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #90
No, just trying to figure out why blokes who have more to give are not doing a lot and hoping for a reason to do with development of our younger players.

It's hopefully sacrificing their own games to help their teamates grow.

You'll notice I didn't say any of them played well.

If you wanna send a message, drop Murphy and Gibbs then bring in Tutt and White.
Message sent.

Reply #91
Tutt is a much better footballer than Buckley.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #92
Why can't they have 2e up forward? Hes a great kick and he's tough and will chase the ball

Reply #94
Nikki Buckley....???

Don't worry, he hates Buckley because I like him....human nature and all that.

Buckley's strength is his run, carry and delivery, he can't use that playing forward, if we don't have a spot for him down back I fear his career with us may be over.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
Just watching the newbies.

The backline performed well for a back 6 that barely know each other. Sometimes a back 6 of spuds can play better than a bunch of talented footballers because of how they work as a unit. Poor old Rowe , out bodies his opponent all night and drops the simple mark all night.

2e is struggling but he's trying to create out of The back half in a team that turns the ball over for fun and doesn't provide options because they don't or can't run .

All good. More newbies please bolts.

I wonder how good DVR would slot on back there. Good kick and seems to do well defensively. Let him grow with Weitering and Plowman and create something back there.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #96
Don't worry, he hates Buckley because I like him....human nature and all that.

Buckley's strength is his run, carry and delivery, he can't use that playing forward, if we don't have a spot for him down back I fear his career with us may be over.

But this is what is inherently wrong with our club and supporters and why we don't know how to develop players.

You are right Buckley is better off half back, and would he make us better down back sure. But does this make us a better team going forward where he becomes nothing more than a back pocket.

What if Geelong was content with Gary being an elite small forward... apples and oranges i know but it's about the process and message you send. Oh you suck go back to the back pocket if you want to play seniors etc

Reply #97
But this is what is inherently wrong with our club and supporters and why we don't know how to develop players.

You are right Buckley is better off half back, and would he make us better down back sure. But does this make us a better team going forward where he becomes nothing more than a back pocket.

What if Geelong was content with Gary being an elite small forward... apples and oranges i know but it's about the process and message you send. Oh you suck go back to the back pocket if you want to play seniors etc

Carrazzo was a back pocket player early in his career.

Reply #98
I wonder how good DVR would slot on back there. Good kick and seems to do well defensively. Let him grow with Weitering and Plowman and create something back there.

Why not.

He's basically the same size as 2E, Byrne and Thomas and 4 cm taller than Simpson.

I don't know hat he's like as a straight out defender, but seems to have the rest of the skills covered.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #99

And became a great player for us in midfield. "Become comfortable being uncomfortable." Imagine if Buckley can be developed into what Aaron Hall is for GC now.

Reply #100

Geez he came a long way. Shows where a great attitude and will to succeed can get you. If only Furphy and jibbs were not too big to let his attitude rub off onto them. 
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #101
And became a great player for us in midfield. "Become comfortable being uncomfortable." Imagine if Buckley can be developed into what Aaron Hall is for GC now.

Don't mean to pull you up, but.....
Great? maybe very good.

Reply #102
I feel that a couple of people here need to barrack for the tigers.

If anyone thought this was going to be a one year/one draft rebuild doesnt understand what position we started from.

Long road ahead however we have already started our new core group, and finally have a modern game plan. We actually have a list manager, and we are trying to recruit for the game plan instead  of recruiting "best talent" with no plan at all other than to save a coaches career. These are my positives.

Lets all agree that we know we have a long way to go.

It could be far worse. We could be in richmonds shoes and think we are good enough to win a flag lol. They remind me of us not long back.

THIS
Hold your nerve Bluebaggers
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #103
Not enough said about how consistent the doc is.

In a defense lacking key personnel he never drops his head and rarely gets beaten.

Reminds me a lot of Andy McKay.

I think he could get a AA selection this year.

Reply #104
Not enough said about how consistent the doc is.

In a defense lacking key personnel he never drops his head and rarely gets beaten.

Reminds me a lot of Andy McKay.

I think he could get a AA selection this year.
Agree, as someone else said, we are very luck to have him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time