Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56334 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #150
Just amazing Mick couldn't find a spot for him.

Ratten dropped him too, but we won't mention that eh?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #151
@Blueboy1 Great post mate, no one can be sure if Bolts will make it but he won't due wondering.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #152
Ratten dropped him too, but we won't mention that eh?

When and for what reason. I don't remember that happening and if it did it would've been disciplinary. There's a big difference between dropping a player once to prove a point as opposed to continuously leaving out a gun forward from a side getting beat.

You asked why Waite isn't here. What's wrong, truth hurts huh?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #153
You were the one who posed the question numb nuts.

Yes, i did. Rather than apply any kind of logic and/or reason to the problem, you went straight to the conspiracy, blame Swann for colluding with his old mate.

Just curious, do you make a new tin foil hat every day or do you just reuse the same one you used the day before?

Reply #154
You asked why Waite isn't here.

I guess I should have known it was all down to Malthouse. ::)
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #155
I guess I should have known it was all down to Malthouse. ::)

Okay no probs, Waite had a great relationship with Mick, Mick always played him, showed him the utmost respect publicly, never pointed the finger at him, no way he had anything to do with it. That ridiculous public outburst after Waite left was completely unlike Mick and gave us no insight at all into the way he treated Waite.

You obviously don't want the truth, so does that statement make you feel any better Budsy? Time for bed me thinks.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #156
I have read this tread and find some of the comments about Bolton amusing. He will not be going any ware IMHO  this year or even next year if we keep improving and there is light at the end of the tunnel. As an employee of the club Bolton will have KPI's and if he does not meet them then Trigg may give him the heave ho, but I doubt  it very much that that will occur this year or maybe even next year as long as there is improvement. He is a teacher and you can see that he is getting his message across to the players, he is teaching them how to execute the game plan.

I have been a lifelong Carlton supporter and a paid up member for 40+ years. I've hardly missed a game. I would of done almost anything to see Carlton play. If my wife was having a baby on grand final day and Carlton were playing I would be telling her to cross her legs until after the game. I've put up with all of the crap that we have dished out in the past 15 - 20 years, the spoons the crap from opposition supporters I did not care, I was a Blues supporter and proud of it. I have seen 4 flags live and 8 flags in total through my life. Ask any other supporter how many flags they have seen in the last 40 or 50 years. Last year I could not bear to watch any footy, I was so demoralised by what they dished up and all of the other crap that was going on at the club. I went to maybe 4 games and saw 1 win. I did not watch any replays or read the papers. To top it off we finished last for the 4th spoon in the last 15 years.

This year things have turned around a lot after a big off season. Great recruiting, new  assistants and a new coach who comes from the best football team of the last 5 - 10 years. Great marketing, a RESET. I can relate to resets. Working in the IT industry I know that when you reset a pc it starts from scratch, it boots up. A phrase that means you pull yourself up from the bootlaces. It starts at the bottom and it works its way up to the desktop. There are many steps, phases, call them what you want before you get to the desktop. It a long process and things can sometimes go wrong, so there are bumps in the road. Sometimes you have to replace failed or old drivers or uninstall non working applications. Clean out all of the crap before you can get to the desktop and a reliable stable pc. This is all part of the process. Carlton has started at the bottom and is working its way to the desktop it will take time but we are heading in the right direction because the club has RESET.

I went to the game last night and was pissed at their effort in the second quarter and thought a hiding was coming for the rest of the game. But no it didn't. We out played them at their own game in the second half. We won almost all of the stats apart from free kicks, don't get me started, and possessions. We matched it with them and only turnovers cost us. If not for turnovers we would of been a lot closer. If that had of been last year we would of folded like a house of cards and been smashed by 100 point!!! I believe that we are on the right track. We are rebuilding from scratch.

I have watched the replay of the game even though we lost, I don't usually watch replays when we lose  but this year I have made a point to, just to see the green sprouts that Bolton talks about and I can see them. Yes we have some old drivers and applications that are not working and need to be cleaned out but this will take time to do you can't do all in one go. Bolton is the right man for the club no doubt about it he will take up to the promised land and if not he will lay foundations for someone who will in the next 5 years or so.

Something I noticed last night at half time break was a shot of the Carlton rooms with Bolton talking to the players behind closed doors. The room was dark and Bolton was standing in front of the players. At first I was confused as to what was going on. I then realised that he was showing them a replay, video or slide of the game plan or the game. He was teaching them, reinforcing the intricacies about the game plan during the half time break. Now I am not privy to what goes on behind closed doors during  half time breaks, and if this is part and parcel of what teams do, but I thought that this was something that a great leader/teacher does and I was really impressed. It must of worked as I said previously we won the second half and did not go onto been smashed by 100 points as may of been the case last year.

The green sprouts are the new recruits, Whitering, Curnow, Kerriage, Wright, Plowman, Sumner ect they have made a difference so far. They are the new drivers and applications that have started the reset and they are making a difference. I looking forward to the rest of the year, there maybe some glitches along the way and I will be pulling my hair out, what's left of it, but I am confident that we are finally heading in the right direction.

GO BLUES.

Agreed. 10 X players with less than 30 games experience. Give it another 12 months.

Reply #157
I have read this tread and find some of the comments about Bolton amusing. He will not be going any ware IMHO  this year or even next year if we keep improving and there is light at the end of the tunnel. As an employee of the club Bolton will have KPI's and if he does not meet them then Trigg may give him the heave ho, but I doubt  it very much that that will occur this year or maybe even next year as long as there is improvement. He is a teacher and you can see that he is getting his message across to the players, he is teaching them how to execute the game plan.

I have been a lifelong Carlton supporter and a paid up member for 40+ years. I've hardly missed a game. I would of done almost anything to see Carlton play. If my wife was having a baby on grand final day and Carlton were playing I would be telling her to cross her legs until after the game. I've put up with all of the crap that we have dished out in the past 15 - 20 years, the spoons the crap from opposition supporters I did not care, I was a Blues supporter and proud of it. I have seen 4 flags live and 8 flags in total through my life. Ask any other supporter how many flags they have seen in the last 40 or 50 years. Last year I could not bear to watch any footy, I was so demoralised by what they dished up and all of the other crap that was going on at the club. I went to maybe 4 games and saw 1 win. I did not watch any replays or read the papers. To top it off we finished last for the 4th spoon in the last 15 years.

This year things have turned around a lot after a big off season. Great recruiting, new  assistants and a new coach who comes from the best football team of the last 5 - 10 years. Great marketing, a RESET. I can relate to resets. Working in the IT industry I know that when you reset a pc it starts from scratch, it boots up. A phrase that means you pull yourself up from the bootlaces. It starts at the bottom and it works its way up to the desktop. There are many steps, phases, call them what you want before you get to the desktop. It a long process and things can sometimes go wrong, so there are bumps in the road. Sometimes you have to replace failed or old drivers or uninstall non working applications. Clean out all of the crap before you can get to the desktop and a reliable stable pc. This is all part of the process. Carlton has started at the bottom and is working its way to the desktop it will take time but we are heading in the right direction because the club has RESET.

I went to the game last night and was pissed at their effort in the second quarter and thought a hiding was coming for the rest of the game. But no it didn't. We out played them at their own game in the second half. We won almost all of the stats apart from free kicks, don't get me started, and possessions. We matched it with them and only turnovers cost us. If not for turnovers we would of been a lot closer. If that had of been last year we would of folded like a house of cards and been smashed by 100 point!!! I believe that we are on the right track. We are rebuilding from scratch.

I have watched the replay of the game even though we lost, I don't usually watch replays when we lose  but this year I have made a point to, just to see the green sprouts that Bolton talks about and I can see them. Yes we have some old drivers and applications that are not working and need to be cleaned out but this will take time to do you can't do all in one go. Bolton is the right man for the club no doubt about it he will take up to the promised land and if not he will lay foundations for someone who will in the next 5 years or so.

Something I noticed last night at half time break was a shot of the Carlton rooms with Bolton talking to the players behind closed doors. The room was dark and Bolton was standing in front of the players. At first I was confused as to what was going on. I then realised that he was showing them a replay, video or slide of the game plan or the game. He was teaching them, reinforcing the intricacies about the game plan during the half time break. Now I am not privy to what goes on behind closed doors during  half time breaks, and if this is part and parcel of what teams do, but I thought that this was something that a great leader/teacher does and I was really impressed. It must of worked as I said previously we won the second half and did not go onto been smashed by 100 points as may of been the case last year.

The green sprouts are the new recruits, Whitering, Curnow, Kerriage, Wright, Plowman, Sumner ect they have made a difference so far. They are the new drivers and applications that have started the reset and they are making a difference. I looking forward to the rest of the year, there maybe some glitches along the way and I will be pulling my hair out, what's left of it, but I am confident that we are finally heading in the right direction.

GO BLUES.
BB1...I am of similar vintage my friend, and I concur with all of the above...Bolton is going no where...got to stay the course Blues...that's it!

Reply #158
@blueboys_1

Excellent balanced post.
Couldn't agree more.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #159
If Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer (ditto Daisy) put in even 'ok' games, we would be winning these matches.

These blokes are the reason we are so bad.....they simply don't produce on a consistent enough basis.

Three #1 and one #2 draft picks producing diddly squat.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #160
Okay no probs, Waite had a great relationship with Mick, Mick always played him, showed him the utmost respect publicly, never pointed the finger at him, no way he had anything to do with it. That ridiculous public outburst after Waite left was completely unlike Mick and gave us no insight at all into the way he treated Waite.

You obviously don't want the truth, so does that statement make you feel any better Budsy? Time for bed me thinks.
Waites wife had a lot to do with him leaving.

Reply #161
The only consultation I can get from the Waite episode is there are probably more than just a couple of clubs that are now spewing they didn't pick him up.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #162
One thing i noticed that wasn't there last year, is the preparedness to close gaps and harass on the mark when opposition have it.
The new found zeal impresses me and its almost a barometer of where things are at in terms of buy in and effort.
I saw the collingwood game today, and there was not much of that

Reply #163
Waites wife had a lot to do with him leaving.

That's what I had heard rumoured, she wears the pants and allegedly wanted a Foxtel gig which Brayshaw made happen. If so her wage should almost be part of the Norp TPP. It sounds a bit like the rumours of Danger allegedly having Costa employ relatives.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #164
The only thing that jerked my chain with Waite was us not getting compensated.... while I don't want to dredge up that old cadaver it does nothing to make look up the kangas with anything less than disdain.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?