Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 37680 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #195
Awwww sooky sooky la la. The big bad coach of the opposition didn't let us kick some goals. This is the AFL not the under 10s where everything is fair and there are no winners and no losers.

I was there that night - and it was undoubtedly a kent act...  EVERYONE in the crowd knew it - CFC and Dawks supporters..... it was so obvioulsy not a normal ploy.  There were 18 blokes behind the footy.  Fev still nearly snagged a couple.   Ont he night everyone just knew, it was obvious, it was Clarko being a little kent.  It wasnt about the game situation or anything remotely sportsmanlike

Reply #196
I was there that night - and it was undoubtedly a kent act...  EVERYONE in the crowd knew it - CFC and Dawks supporters..... it was so obvioulsy not a normal ploy.  There were 18 blokes behind the footy.  Fev still nearly snagged a couple.   Ont he night everyone just knew, it was obvious, it was Clarko being a little kent.  It wasnt about the game situation or anything remotely sportsmanlike

Yes, apparently his disgusting on-field behavior in London was all Carlton's fault! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #199
That's been happening every week for the last 15 years.

Cmon man, pull your head out there already.

Were you at the game? If you were you would've realised that despite Fev being double/triple teamed most weeks, this was something completely different.

Reply #201
Cmon man, pull your head out there already.

Were you at the game? If you were you would've realised that despite Fev being double/triple teamed most weeks, this was something completely different.

Yes, it's not something I had ever seen before or since.  I remember seeing footage of Clarkson laughing when one of the three blokes on Fev intercepted a pass.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #202
Do you know how pathetic you all sound? Complaining about the opposition defending too well against us. Boo hoo! Big bad Clarko was at it again tonight not letting Bob win his last game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #203
Do you know how pathetic you all sound? Complaining about the opposition defending too well against us. Boo hoo! Big bad Clarko was at it again tonight not letting Bob win his last game.

Perhaps ... but defending Clarko should get you banned  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #204
Whats even better, he wiped that smug grin off that ass hole Beveridge's face by knocking them out of finals contention.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #205

I'm not complaining about the opposition defending too well against us.

I'm complaining about the fact you said that that was no different to any other game and there was no deliberate tactic to stop fev getting 100. That is all complete bollocks.

Clarko isn't going to win any "best guy in town" awards any time soon and '87 and the game in question are too classic examples as to why.

That game would've gone down in history as the only game 2 players have reached 100 goals together. Now it has an '*' on it courtesy of Clarko and his tactics. Nothing against the rules, but if it was cricket it would be against the spirit of the game.

Reply #206
I kind of remember us doing something similar to McKenna when he was going for his hundredth one year...he still got the goal. ::)

Reply #207
I'm not complaining about the opposition defending too well against us.

I'm complaining about the fact you said that that was no different to any other game and there was no deliberate tactic to stop fev getting 100. That is all complete bollocks.

Clarko isn't going to win any "best guy in town" awards any time soon and '87 and the game in question are too classic examples as to why.

That game would've gone down in history as the only game 2 players have reached 100 goals together. Now it has an '*' on it courtesy of Clarko and his tactics. Nothing against the rules, but if it was cricket it would be against the spirit of the game.

Agree. Clarkson didn't bother loading up on Fev for most of the second half, despite kicking 7.3 in the end. He only loaded up when Fev got close to the ton.

If the game was in the balance, with only a couple of points in it in the dying stages of the last, with 4 points to play for, I suspect he would not have been so Fev-centric.

Reply #208
Is one of the objectives of a coach to deny "spiritual nourishment" to opposition teams whilst at the same time providing it to his own?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #209
We can all complain about it, but this is what ruthless looks like.

This is why he has coached a team to 4 flags.

He won't allow the opposition any victory big or small.

This does make him a hypocritical person, but that's insignificant and hardly any will remember this in the long run.

Mathews was probably no different.

No one cares anymore.

Barrassi was probably the same.

You get the idea.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson