Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73230 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #60
I was going to come on here and abuse the cr2p out of the players, MM and the club but now that I have a couple of brewskis I am thinking with a calmer head.

WTF? How do you get a job that pays a few hundred thou a year and you don't have to perform? WTF?

These guys are taking the piss, the only time we flew the flag was when Murph was on the ground being hassled (after the whistle) and our two juniors, Cripps and Graham came in and showed some strength with a bit of push and shove. Bloody Curnow was only metres away. Bloody disgraceful that a first gamer and a boy playing his 4th game were the only one protecting the skipper.
The Skipper, don't get me started on this limp fish, pathetic excuse of a LEEEADER.
Saw him talking at the end of the game to the boys, but who was really listening?
I found myself barracking for Melb near the end hoping that them beating us might change a few things around the club for the better.
Then it got me thinking, the last time that happened was 10 years ago during the dark years, so nothing has changed in a decade. Utter Bullcrap!
This club is going nowhere and nowhere fast (actually to the bottom of the ladder)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #61
Malthouse blamed the loss of Menzel and Jamison!

Losing Menzel really hurt, he'd been very busy and everything he does is classy.
When he did the ankle he got straight up, layed a tackle and won a free kick, he will become a very good player.

But recall some saying, injuries are no excuse!

One thing is for sure, karma is a bitch!

I'm not looking for excuses, we were outplayed.
Our skills are so poor that it becomes infectious, players lose the belief.
When Yarran kicked a goal in the last quarter we needed three to win with about 10 or 12 minutes on the clock, plenty of time but no one revving up or urging, the body language was that of a team resigned to losing.
At the next centre bounce we coughed it up again with a simple handball error and that was that, we packed up and left.
Sure reads like an excuse to me.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #62
When Yarran kicked a goal in the last quarter we needed three to win with about 10 or 12 minutes on the clock, plenty of time but no one revving up or urging, the body language was that of a team resigned to losing.
At the next centre bounce we coughed it up again with a simple handball error and that was that, we packed up and left.

Calm down.

Melbourne have gone past us in just three games, we all know who to blame, many just don't want to say it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
But Malthouse is definitely the right coach to take us forward. Let's give him an extension right now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
Match Reports;

MRP is going to be busy.

- Carlton reported for faking, faking to be footballers!

- Malthouse, reported for faking to be a coach!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65

Calm down.

Melbourne have gone past us in just three games, we all know who to blame many just don't want to say it!

The thing is that the same things have been said ad nauseum on these boards for the best part of 10 years, I can remember Kouta and Lance getting bagged for a lack of leadership during their stints as skipper and Nick Stevens copped an absolute hammering when he was our one and only skilled midfielder, just like Murphy is now.
The only way forward is as a club, sacking Malthouse and bagging out Murphy will get us precisely nowhere.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #66
Match Reports;

MRP is going to be busy.

- Carlton reported for faking, faking to be footballers!

- Malthouse, reported for faking to be a coach!

They will get off as minor misdemeanors ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #67
17 posses from Cripps is pretty good - anyone see him up close?

Flattered him - don't get sucked-in by a stat count, he looks as slow as the Queen Mary. No better than any of his spud teammates.

Not one player deserves a semblance of credit out there today......no, I tell a lie, I'd give a half ounce to Yarran & Simmo. That is all.

Surely our illustrious, over-governed Board has to make a decision.....HAS to.....today was a defining moment. All the talk coming out of the Club all week....Sticks, Macca, Mick, Murphy, anyone who had a microphone shoved in front of them, was that last week was unacceptable & that a performance like that won't happen again....blah, blah-fcking, blah - well guess what? It happened again & this time it's worse.....much, much worse.

I cannot remember a worst captain of our Football Club either in my lifetime or via any reputation from before I was born. Marc Murphy is officially a laughing stock of the AFL right now....he absolutely is.

Last week I was embarrassed....this week I was ashamed. When was the last time our players were booed by our own supporters? It happened today at 3/4 time & it was fully deserved....AND it didn't change a thing in the psyche playing group in the last quarter, as yet more rubbish-football was produced.

Apart from the obsession with the boundary line, I have absolutely no idea what our gameplan is.....and no-one can tell me they do from what they've seen this year. We get the ball across half-back & simply go sideways every single fcking time across to the other flank, then have nothing to kick to. If, by miracle, we do get a possession forward of centre, we have absolutely nothing to kick to.

We simply don't have enough players on our list to replace all of the never-to-play-again muppets we've got clogging up our list. Curnow finishing 4th in our B&F last year is a serious indictment on this list, as he is a complete & utter hack with the ball in his hands.

Sam Rowe: you coming back from cancer is a great story but you can't play for crap. Lachie Henderson reverted back to 'bad Lachie' today....the hopeless Lachie of 3 years ago. Warnock is a useless piece of crap around the ground. I can't wait for Gibbs to fcuk off back to Adelaide. We gave James Frawley every reason NOT to want to even entertain the thought of coming to Carlton no matter how much we might've been prepared to offer him. Kane Lucas is simply a horrible footballer, Zach Tuohy can catch the next Air Lingus flight back to Ireland for all I care, Davey Ellard has a crack but he's just not good enough, Carrazzo is as ineffective as he's ever been, I thought I was watching Everitt in his Bulldog days today, Jamo was a sch!t-truck, Scotland got worse as the game wore on, Casboult isn't & never will be the answer, whilst Walker played possibly his worst ever game.

There are absolutely zero positives to come from this result.....except that it is now officially clear, that the playing group & the coach are worlds apart.

Fancy the Club saying that there was a meeting during the week with the players to confirm they were all onboard with Mick's gameplan, only for Mick to come out and refute any such meeting took place? Are you fcking kidding me!?!?!? Classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing = rabble.

So - what do we do from here? This is as low as I've felt as a Carlton supporter in recent memory. This Club does not deserve our support right now....it doesn't. It won't happen, but I'd love next weekend's game to be devoid of Carlton support, as a protest en masse against the coach, the President, the players, the whole damn sorry excuse for a Football Club. You show us you give a crap & we'll do the same....

Wow.....this has really got me rattled. To produce that after what we produced last week.....wow......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #68
I work two jobs, have a young family, mortgage, cars loans etc like most on here. Over winter when Tassie is bleak and dark I have one thing each week that I look forward to, sitting down and watch Carlton play. Even if they don't win I can't least watch a team trying.

Instead what I've got this year is an empty feeling, my club talks itself up, has a coach on millions, players on hundreds of thousands, getting around asking for my hard earned and loyalty with memberships and raffles and merchandise to support that crap.

This team has taken my love for the club and wiped their arse on it and what's more, they will rock up to training be told what they did wrong and look to next week to deliver the same sh1t.

I've heard how high pressure it is for players at clubs funnily enough by other players, how about these players drop their salary to 10% of what their getting, don't have a contract so they have the very real axe of unemployment sitting over their heads when they don't perform and see how high the pressure is then.

Unfortunately Murphy, Gibbs etc have never had to fight for their spot in the team they can play like rubbish and still get a game next week.

Ryan Trainor if you come lurking again this week like you do often then take back to the board this question, why should I pay for a membership to give Malthouse and the players, massive salaries and all the perks when they don't even try and have no consequences apart from some bad press for the week? Yet for me, it rips my heart out. I look at my club and feel disgusted at the lack of heart. I look at other clubs who play with effort and feel jealous.

But hey, Malthouse will hold his press conference and deflect as many questions as he can, maybe berate a reporter for trying to do his job or bully a camera man for eating. Where is the public scorn of the players? Sticks will release a video via the website and Swann will go on KBs show joking around and saying how next weeks effort will be better. Then the Bulldogs will give us a lesson on playing with pride.

I've had a gutful.

I felt empty watching the game at the ground. Was like the dark years. Pathetic lack of heart. The players looked scared in failing to follow a gameplan and anxious of making mistakes. How MM didn't move Henderson back early in the second to tighten things up...astounding. So many played woefully, but Murphy and walker were dreadful. He should give up the captaincy voluntarily to Henderson.

I am tempted to give my boss at PwC a call and ask him to put his hat in the ring for the Presidency. He can then bring in the cream from PWC to perform a true top down audit of the club and strip the club down to its hide and rebuild it completely. He would not bat an eyelid either. You don't become CEO by being nice all the time. Many omelettes are made along the way. Just what we need IMO. Step down now Sticks.
Keep the Faith

Reply #69
I wouldn't be giving Hendo shight most overrated footballer going around ATM.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Heard Sticks on 774 before the game and his final comments were to the effect of, "Calm down everybody, we're not that bad."

Joke.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #71
Heard Sticks on 774 before the game and his final comments were to the effect of, "Calm down everybody, we're not that bad."

Joke.

And totally delusional....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #72

Mate.  has some credits.   Pretty much played no games coming into season.

Reply #73
I work two jobs, have a young family, mortgage, cars loans etc like most on here. Over winter when Tassie is bleak and dark I have one thing each week that I look forward to, sitting down and watch Carlton play. Even if they don't win I can't least watch a team trying.

Instead what I've got this year is an empty feeling, my club talks itself up, has a coach on millions, players on hundreds of thousands, getting around asking for my hard earned and loyalty with memberships and raffles and merchandise to support that crap.

This team has taken my love for the club and wiped their arse on it and what's more, they will rock up to training be told what they did wrong and look to next week to deliver the same sh1t.

I've heard how high pressure it is for players at clubs funnily enough by other players, how about these players drop their salary to 10% of what their getting, don't have a contract so they have the very real axe of unemployment sitting over their heads when they don't perform and see how high the pressure is then.

Unfortunately Murphy, Gibbs etc have never had to fight for their spot in the team they can play like rubbish and still get a game next week.

Ryan Trainor if you come lurking again this week like you do often then take back to the board this question, why should I pay for a membership to give Malthouse and the players, massive salaries and all the perks when they don't even try and have no consequences apart from some bad press for the week? Yet for me, it rips my heart out. I look at my club and feel disgusted at the lack of heart. I look at other clubs who play with effort and feel jealous.

But hey, Malthouse will hold his press conference and deflect as many questions as he can, maybe berate a reporter for trying to do his job or bully a camera man for eating. Where is the public scorn of the players? Sticks will release a video via the website and Swann will go on KBs show joking around and saying how next weeks effort will be better. Then the Bulldogs will give us a lesson on playing with pride.

I've had a gutful.

I hear ya.
The failure is systemic
Its all the way through.

I would get an outsider close to the club to meet with the leadership group
and have a frank conversation with no ramifications - that's a start

Reply #74

The most overrated player on our list by a mile is pretty boy Gibbs. Represents why a rebuild is needed. Has potential and zero heart. ZERO.
Keep the Faith