Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 21: Pre Game Speculations: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 20225 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 21: Pre Game Speculations: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #75
Sumner is coming off a serious foot injury and no pre season, I'm sure he's hitting the wall. He doesn't get involved enough and that could be due to his lack of miles in the legs. If he can stay healthy and get a few pre seasons under his belt, he will be an asset. He has pace, has a case of mongrel, and good skills by foot. It is injury that has hurt his career so far, Liam just needs a bit of luck.

Re: Rd 21: Pre Game Speculations: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #76
Sumner is coming off a serious foot injury and no pre season, I'm sure he's hitting the wall. He doesn't get involved enough and that could be due to his lack of miles in the legs. If he can stay healthy and get a few pre seasons under his belt, he will be an asset. He has pace, has a case of mongrel, and good skills by foot. It is injury that has hurt his career so far, Liam just needs a bit of luck.

x2...Was 50/50 on Sumner when we recruited him but he has plenty of pro's and not many cons...attacks the footy well, takes a good mark for a small man and has some pace..
He needs an injury free preseason and I am sure he will be a handy player for us...