Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29976 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #195
Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony. Adelaide trade our pick 1 to get Grundy and Rottingwood (the arch enemy) get pick 1 courtesy of the CFC.

trying to be positive....

The pies would rather keep Grundy than get pick 1 in my mind.  He's the best ruck in the comp and their most important player, and could potentially cost them a flag in the next few years if he departs.  They are fair and square in their window, and he's a massive reason.

We get Stocker and another crack at a first rounder, who combined might be more valuable than pick 1.  We could easily win this one still.

The crows - well - they just win.  Try as I might I can't see how they lose this one.  I have decided not to waste my energy on what they get out of it, all that matters is what we get.

Reply #196

The pies would rather keep Grundy than get pick 1 in my mind.  He's the best ruck in the comp and their most important player, and could potentially cost them a flag in the next few years if he departs.  They are fair and square in their window, and he's a massive reason.

We get Stocker and another crack at a first rounder, who combined might be more valuable than pick 1.  We could easily win this one still.

The crows - well - they just win.  Try as I might I can't see how they lose this one.  I have decided not to waste my energy on what they get out of it, all that matters is what we get.

Think Grundy's up for free agency the year after. And he has made no secret of his wish to go back to Adelaide. Maybe it's pick 1 next year, or bugger all the year after. Also up to Collingwood if they think they can win a flag next year (if they don't win this year), then they might think just keep him and take what ever compo they get the year after.

All theory of course.

Reply #197
LP...that wasn't a knock on Cripps and he's the only one with captaincy credentials on our list....by a long, long way. It was more about the fact that the coach and the game plan seem lost on the players at the moment and it's boiling over. If we don't fix it then Cripps will be the next Free Agent we're talking about and no one would begrudge him leaving and heading home to play for someone like West Coast who can offer him the chance to play in a premiership....something we're light years away from. He's busted his @rse for the club since the day he walked in and is virtually carrying us this season.....that's simply not sustainable.

Reply #198
Well we made Cripps captain, if it was the wrong choice what do we do now?

Wrong choice?
HTF is Cripps the wrong choice?

Reply #199
LP...that wasn't a knock on Cripps and he's the only one with captaincy credentials on our list....by a long, long way. It was more about the fact that the coach and the game plan seem lost on the players at the moment and it's boiling over. If we don't fix it then Cripps will be the next Free Agent we're talking about and no one would begrudge him leaving and heading home to play for someone like West Coast who can offer him the chance to play in a premiership....something we're light years away from. He's busted his @rse for the club since the day he walked in and is virtually carrying us this season.....that's simply not sustainable.

A problem we have at the moment is Cripps opponent, they run off him unhindered, and it's very hard for the captain to tell the kids to chase when he's jogging along behind the play pointing! How good he is otherwise makes no difference when they are all playing in survival mode!

I would not be surprised if that was part of the argy-bargy going down on the boundary! Fwiw, in previous games I've seen Simmo and sMurph having similar arguments with Cripps, SPS and Walsh, that appeared to be about a lack of accountability or poor positioning. I gather there was no argy-bargy with SPS yesterday, at least about his tackling!

In my opinion Doc was a clear choice, but I'd have given a player like Weitering or maybe even Jones the dual captaincy or VC! :o

I think we needed a Maxwell type captain, not an Ablett Jnr messiah type captain, the thing is Cripps has nothing more to give as he already gives 100%, and when he's captain it actually detracts from his game! We needed a captain who can tell a kid, one of Cripps team mates, what's what when they don't fly the flag or give Cripps a chop out. At the moment Cripps would actually have to ask for assistance, and there is no way he will do that, he'll just keep bashing himself against the wall!

All we are doing to Cripps is putting him to the torch, and opposition teams know it! So now we've got a bigger problem, how do we fix it without fecking it up?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #200
What was this sideline argument about, any ideas?

Reply #201
Micky....i just made an observation how players, including Cripps, look frustrated and he was arguing with Docherty on the bench. The question was asked "we made Cripps captain though". I was just pointing out that I wasn't having a go at Cripps...just more about how there doesn't appear to be a game plan and tensions look to be boiling over. At the moment we've really only got one bloke who can hold his head high across the season and that's probably why we're sitting rock bottom.

Reply #202
A problem we have at the moment is Cripps opponent, they run off him unhindered, and it's very hard for the captain to tell the kids to chase when he's jogging along behind the play pointing! How good he is otherwise makes no difference when they are all playing in survival mode!

I would not be surprised if that was part of the argy-bargy going down on the boundary! Fwiw, in previous games I've seen Simmo and sMurph having similar arguments with Cripps, SPS and Walsh, that appeared to be about a lack of accountability or poor positioning. I gather there was no argy-bargy with SPS yesterday, at least about his tackling!

In my opinion Doc was a clear choice, but I'd have given a player like Weitering or maybe even Jones the dual captaincy or VC! :o

I think we needed a Maxwell type captain, not an Ablett Jnr messiah type captain, the thing is Cripps has nothing more to give as he already gives 100%, and when he's captain it actually detracts from his game! We needed a captain who can tell a kid, one of Cripps team mates, what's what when they don't fly the flag or give Cripps a chop out. At the moment Cripps would actually have to ask for assistance, and there is no way he will do that, he'll just keep bashing himself against the wall!

All we are doing to Cripps is putting him to the torch, and opposition teams know it! So now we've got a bigger problem, how do we fix it without fecking it up?

Murphy questioning Cripps accountability. IF that has ever happened, I think Murphy would get put straight back in his little box

Reply #203
Murphy questioning Cripps accountability. IF that has ever happened, I think Murphy would get put straight back in his little box

Perhaps you were momentarily blinded by rage? ;D

If you watched the replays and observe what is going on in the background you clearly see players like Simmo, sMurph, Ed and Kreuzer giving Cripps and some of the other kids instructions!

Fans forget Cripps is still a relative beginner at AFL and a dead-set newbie as captain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #204
Perhaps you were momentarily blinded by rage? ;D

If you watched the replays and observe what is going on in the background you clearly see players like Simmo, sMurph, Ed and Kreuzer giving Cripps and some of the other kids instructions!

Fans forget Cripps is still a relative beginner at AFL and a dead-set newbie as captain!

Yep, sure, you can read lips as well as minds.

Reply #205
Reminds me of Greta Thunberg whose mother claims can see carbon dioxide in the air! ROFL.

;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #206
It's not so hard to decipher when multiple blokes are gesticulating, point fingers and waving arms all at the same players and ground positions. Maybe some fans can read lips! ;D

It's a great example of what you can see when you are not ball watching! ;)

Yep, sure, you can read lips as well as minds.

Ironic for JonHenry to question that, at least video offers some evidence, as opposed to knowledge that sMurph or Gibbs is the cause of all the kids having poisoned weak mindsets when it comes to tackling and physicality! Have they flip top heads?

Ohh I get it, "JonHenry can see that", "it's obvious", while players shown on video franticly gesticulating while apparently abusing or arguing with each other is a lip reading fantasy! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #207

The crows don't "win" unless they get a 200 game player with their pick.....and even that will depend on how either of our two picks have gone.....which will take a long time to all play out...& I agree with you that it's not worth worrying about.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #208
 Capcom, the plan is simple, in 2015 the club admitted it stuffed things up in 2011. Rebuild the club both on and off the field. Fix the finances, re-engage the membership, change the culture of the club and go to the draft and rebuild the playing list. They have fixed the finances, half a million dollar profit despite finishing last,  they have re-engaged the membership,  60,000 members, fixed the culture, if you lie to your teammates and to the club, you are out.
They have gone to the draft to rebuild the list. I think they were only planning to go three times to the draft but I think they have realised the problems with the  playing list  was deeper than they thought,  so they went a fourth time, hence why I think they are twelve months behind where they wanted to be. The next stage is to trade in good quality ready made players who will support the development of the quality young players we have on the list.
That is the plan, now tell me the alternative that doesn't start and end with sacking everone.

Reply #209
I must admit I'm losing faith. I've been firmly in the "stay the course" camp, just need patience and it will all come together, just need to give the young guys 40-50 games playing together and it will click into place. Well I'm starting to doubt whether our young guys are as good as I thought they were going to be. We need to show some progress and very soon