Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood (Read 1772 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #15
De Goey and Mitchell both ruled out by McRae.

Gives us a bit of an edge in the midfield for sure. Great if we get Cerra back but I'd like to have McGovern down back this week too just to settle things down a bit.

If Cerra comes in, probably won't be too many other changes.

Reply #16
For the Peter Mac cup.

Jack Silvagni gives an interesting insight into the build up to the game and the importance of the Peter Mac cause.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/

And Weiters and Doc have their say too.

All very well-spoken and thoughtful young men!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #17
Jack Silvagni gives an interesting insight into the build up to the game and the importance of the Peter Mac cause.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/

And Weiters and Doc have their say too.

All very well-spoken and thoughtful young men!
Very emotional watching that, especially Doc.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Mitchell has been a liability this season.  Losing him would probably help their chances.

I wonder if they’ll bite the bullet and drop Sidebottom 🤔 We’ll probably play him back into form.

Vossy’s response to our profligate play on Saturday suggests that our players will have a hard week.  It won’t be “bring your mouthguards” but there will be some honest feedback and clarification of roles and expectations.
They will miss Mitchell, being doing the grunt work alone with Adams gone and he compliments their other mids imho.
If Sidebottom gets to run around on his own like he usually does when we play him he will get back into form...
Lachie OSullivan from Werribee will replace Mitchell, tough honest old fashioned VFA/VFL footballer but wont know what hit him with Cripps, Walsh and crew waiting for him....
Blues by plenty providing we man up correctly and dont try silly matchups like Cowan on Hill or Elliott or Similar...

Reply #19
Given they're not overly tall up forward, Cincotta might come in this week?

Reply #20
Watch their first gamer tear us a new one.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
I'm expecting a win. 😎
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Concerned we have been found out with good ball movement and our lack of run - will be interesting to watch this game unfold.

Reply #23
Not an easy game or a lock by any means. Pies are well on the way to regaining their 2023 form after a slow start. Very much a 50/50 game for mine.

Reply #24
Not an easy game or a lock by any means. Pies are well on the way to regaining their 2023 form after a slow start. Very much a 50/50 game for mine.

Not if the way they played on ANZAC Day is any guide ...

Adam Cerra is back.  That should give our midfield even more bite  :)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
Voss confirmed Cerra is playing.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
McGovern another week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Who goes out, place your bets?

Bot