Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18513 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #45
@ IBWT

If reckon if there were ever any green shoots someone was smoking them.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
Gave myself 10 minutes of entertainment value on the Adelaide Big Footy Board. A $hitload of melts...lol.

Reply #47
Magnificent team performance today. Particularly without Kruez, Charlie, Cunningham, Fish....

Samo is in his element down back, Crippa's legendary, and Levi ..

Levi, free of the only-big-forward burden has emerged and maximized his skills. He's spoiling, tackling (See v GC 44seconds to go), and finally throwing his weight around. Not to mention his 1st class marking and kicking for goodness sake. Makes me smile ????

Our seniors, who have had quiet patches, have all stepped up under Teague. The addition of some mature bodies with decent skills in Gibbo and Deluca has played a part too. Our kids now have the cover and leadership they need to grow.

Jack, Kennedy, Setters, Walsh et al. are certainly growing.

very exciting times ahead Bluebaggers. All 64k of you ????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #48
That was a dominant 4 qtr performance.  Great win.

Reply #49
Played like men today, all rolled their sleeves up and dug in.

I would like to say this however, ever since Daisy called the umpire a cheat we have got a very raw deal from the umpires, so many barely there frees given to the opposition and we basically have to be raped to get a free. If anyone on here calls into the radio stations then I think you should bring this into the air and call the umpires on their bias.

Even today when Dow didn't have many disposal he did a lot of defensive running, DeLuca is a little demon, Gibbons the same, O'Brien ran hard up and down the wings and hit some important targets, Jack was at his hard working best, Walsh was superb as was Weitering, although I hope he gets the pushing in the back out of his game soon.

Samos pick up and spin away from the contact was a once in a season play, then Setterfield did it just afterwards, very clean and I always feel confident when either have the the ball in their hands.

I could gush on all night but the results justify the sacking of Bolton. Now the Carlton board needs to finish the job and appoint Teague, maybe get some more experienced assistant coaches around him.

It's a good time to be a Carlton member, and it's great to hear the Carlton crowd at the game for the first time in two years.

Reply #50
Cripps' 19 clearances is equal second in AFL/VFL history (with Brent Moloney) and behind Paul Salmon (?) with 22.

Reply #51
umpires were putrid again....only that kept the Crows even remotely close....

We sang the song three times post game!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #52
umpires were putrid again....only that kept the Crows even remotely close....

We sang the song three times post game!
Well I finally managed to get to a game this year. And what a game! I think I got fourth song in  ;D

Umpiring definitely did not go unnoticed by the Carlton supporters at the ground. Towards the end of the third things seem to get pretty heated. Cheer squad will probably get another complaint. Even with a win the blues crowd gave the umpires a send off after the final siren as they walked off.

Reply #53
Apparently Campo’s two boys were at the game today ... in Carlton clobber!

Smokey for coach?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #55
I am super keen on how Gibbons has been developing.  Plays like an angry ant, tough as nails, and knows how to kick a goal.  Puopolo Mk 2.

Also very happy with Setterfield - it's easy to forget he has played <20 games - massive upside with this boy.

As for Walsh, I thought he seemed a bit quieter today - but still had 30 touches!

One last observation - Cripps is the only one in the team who wears the fluorescent yellow boots - I was wondering yesterday if that is done on purpose so all the other players can spot him at a glance...?
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #57
Paddy Dow needs a lengthy run in the 2s.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #58
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-27/love-is-in-the-air-two-umpires-get-engaged-at-the-g

In a location any sports-mad couple would dream of, it was unclear whether a free kick for high contact was paid as the South Australian pair embraced in centre circle.

Might explain the free kicks

I was scoffing the last of my fish and chips and finishing my beer when the proposal was happening so I missed it.  I’m sure that many folk would find it romantic but I don’t think that it was appropriate.

I’m not sure that it affected Eleni’s umpiring but, if it did, what caused the other two muppets to umpire as poorly as she did?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
... I thought the Bolt was the man with his all round display....its a Jones like turnaround for the Bolt
and I'm shocked at how good his decision making and execution has become. Hitting moving targets by foot, choosing the right handball options, more body on body ruckwork
and leading patterns are better than anyone else. :o

I’m fascinated by the theory of alternate universes. Apparently there’s one out there where Donald Trump made it all the way to president and man walked on the moon  ::)

But to think that, due to a wrinkle in the space-time continuum, Levi Casboult is actually a force to be reckoned with just blows my mind!
Keyboard warrior #24601