Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12 (Read 39009 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Reply #91
Hmmm....Buckley omitted? I thought he wasn't fit last week.

Yeh, refer to the We Are Dumb thread. The kid was subbed off with a hip injury and couldn't walk, then was taken interstate on a 6 day turn around. We Are Dumb!

Reply #92
Happy to see Armi back, would have liked SOJ to continue his development in the side..No comments from me relating to the game until after the game concludes. Each time I comment we loose, so that's it from me.
Nothing you can say or do will change the outcome of this game. Geelong will teach Carlton what a good side does to one that is crapola. After a 110pt drubbing from Sydney, there is not a better side for Geelong to come up against. Unfortunately, going by past experience, our boys will probably take weeks (in this case 2 heavy losses) to fire up after the loss to last placed Brisbane.
Yep, counting the weeks to GWS fir another inspiring win.......d'oh

No, we'll beat Hawthorn for the first time in donkey's years the week before, we all get big boners, then play GWS and get beaten. That is how this club is likely to function.

Reply #93
Jimbo, we used to be a little like that but the Hawthorns and Geelongs are now the Adelaides and WCE if you get my drift?

@LLT

FFS if the kid is fit surely he's done enough in the past to give him another go? JUst can't get my head around it unless there's a late change which wouldn't be surprising.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #94
OMG can just see the Cats players lining up tonight with steam blowing out of their ears, they'll be desperate for some redemption, this could be a Malthouse Hall of Shame game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
I think we can go okay if we can keep Steve Johnson quiet.

Reply #97
OMG can just see the Cats players lining up tonight with steam blowing out of their ears, they'll be desperate for some redemption, this could be a Malthouse Hall of Shame game.

While I don't think we ll win, don't see this being a blowout.
We ve been pretty competitive against the Cats the last 3-4 years, with the only blowout being a 42 pt loss in late 2010 when Gazza Jr took the last qtr by the scruff of the neck. Since then there's been losses by 2, 10 and 16 pts, and we could ve won each of those games.
If we re on our game, and as we showed against the Crows, where more then capable of standing up physically,  you never know what can happen.

Reply #98
That's fine, I admire your positivity but let's not put the Crows up anywhere near the Cats. One is a premiership contender the other is....well......they are bottom 8 material.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #99
I have never bet against Carlton but will be taking us to lose by more than 5 goals on the line tonight.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #101
Need to make sure we get our tackling right, and stop going in too high.
Wont hold my breath though..

Reply #102
And our goalkicking has to perfect  and finally  not give away silly goals in TIME ON  >:(  like we do EVERY WEEK

Reply #103
And our goalkicking has to perfect  and finally  not give away silly goals in TIME ON  >:(  like we do EVERY WEEK
Ummm, our goaling is deplorable and we give away goals in time on every week, its what we do best. Aint gonna change tonight.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #104
That's fine, I admire your positivity but let's not put the Crows up anywhere near the Cats. One is a premiership contender the other is....well......they are bottom 8 material.

Sorry, you've done this about 4 times now so i have to say something. There are now 18 teams in the comp. So if teams don't make finals, they are not automatically bottom 8....its bottom 10.