Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle at MCG? (Read 7932 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle in Perth

Reply #30
Williiams gets a week but the hero who leapt into Weitering’s back is free to play 🙄

We should be demanding an explanation from the AFL 😡

Walsh???
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Williams was voted 2nd BOG behind Walsh by the coaches.

Walsh got the perfect 10.
Williams got 7 votes.

'Played OK' is selling him a bit short.

He plays in a position where we might have some cover is probably a better way of putting it.
I'll disagree with the coaches and I thought he was ok but not influential, I would have had Walsh BOG with Weitering and Jones as our next best. Picking up Tex Walker for example is a bit tougher than winning kicks across half back IMHO.
I thought TDK was one of our best but he only had 6 possies and didnt rate with many on this site, I just have a different way of valuing players games..

Reply #32
Walsh???

Not sure what happened there Cookie, but I'm glad you're on the ball  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
Check ABC news for latest COVID update

Perth extends temporary lockdown following a 3rd case of community transmission to 1201hrs on Saturday 3rd July. Pending health advice.

Delta variant compliments Sydney outbreak.

Public events and community sports cancelled.

We were scheduled to travel Friday!
Watch this evolving space folks.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #34
Three 'cases' = morons.

Not as bad as the SA Premier - restrictions put in place off the back of ZERO cases.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
I'll disagree with the coaches and I thought he was ok but not influential, I would have had Walsh BOG with Weitering and Jones as our next best. Picking up Tex Walker for example is a bit tougher than winning kicks across half back IMHO.
I thought TDK was one of our best but he only had 6 possies and didnt rate with many on this site, I just have a different way of valuing players games..

TDK largely negated O'Brien - that in itself was a huge win for us.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #36
TDK largely negated O'Brien - that in itself was a huge win for us.
Ed Curnow was another who influenced the game by picking up Laird after half time and keeping him to 7 possies after he had 25 in the first half so I gave him a vote. Plus I thought Ed played a very good last quarter when the game was on the line.
Williams played one of his better games but I just measured it by degree of difficulty and felt players like Weitering, TDK and Curnow had tougher roles.

Reply #37
Anyone fancy a trip to Geelong??

Reply #40
I've heard they are going to use some Monday night football, but not sure which games.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
It would make sense to bump the bulldogs game to Monday night and schedule Carlton and Freo for Sunday afternoon.

Reply #42
What a pity it can't be played during the day at Princess Park!!!!

Reply #43
It would make sense to bump the bulldogs game to Monday night and schedule Carlton and Freo for Sunday afternoon.
Yep, they have to shift other games or they start giving clubs 5 day breaks against clubs that had an 7 or 8 day break!

Would the AFL do that? ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
What a pity it can't be played during the day at Princess Park!!!!

The AFL must be looking at Princes Park as a viable option for low attendance games.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17