Skip to main content
Topic: Round 7 Green Shoot of the Week!! (Read 15963 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 7 Green Shoot of the Week!!

Reply #45
Don't normally post, however my green shoot that I  would like to mention is Charlie C. He was on Reid in the second half and ran him around ragged and nullified his output as he was marking everything that came down his way in the first half. In a post match interview on an ABC Reid acknowledged Charlie's running capacity and found it hard to keep up. So if this was by design it was a good coaching move by Bolts and his staff. Just goes to show that even with his drink driving indiscretion before he was drafted we were not put off by it at all.

x2. Rapt we got him.

Could be anything this kid.

Reply #46
Don't normally post, however my green shoot that I  would like to mention is Charlie C. He was on Reid in the second half and ran him around ragged and nullified his output as he was marking everything that came down his way in the first half. In a post match interview on an ABC Reid acknowledged Charlie's running capacity and found it hard to keep up. So if this was by design it was a good coaching move by Bolts and his staff. Just goes to show that even with his drink driving indiscretion before he was drafted we were not put off by it at all.
Still keeping my powder dry with CC, he hasn't set my world on fire just yet. I thought he was pretty quite in the first half on Sat, did much better in the second. Didnt lay tackle though, should have a chat to SPS about how its done.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
Yep, well deserved.  Has a good chance of taking out the award as he has both flash and grunt and was a top-10 draft pick.

Reply #49
Congrats on a great achievement Sammo!
Many more awesome performances to come, so glad you are loving your footy at a proud club which you will be apart of making it great once again. ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #50
He actually wanted to come to Victoria to play football therefore, hopefully the 'go home' factor should be minimal.

Reply #51
Great for the young lad and validates the clubs faith in him when he was drafted...exciting player with maturity that you only see from the real class players...

Reply #53
Congrats to Samo.

Lets try for 3 in a row next week, both with wins AND rising star nominations. Curnowfides??

Reply #54
Not a green shoot. More like a lush tropical forest ::). That's our Samo.
You're a legend son. Your mob can be so proud of you.
If this is what Samo has in his bag of tricks after 7 games, we need to strap ourselves in for his 50th.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #55
This could be a green shoot?
the media writing nice things about us :o

I read....

"This is a well-coached, well-drilled side."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-07/after-the-siren-when-will-the-magpies-learn
Ashley Browne

When was the last time a Carlton team was described as well drilled?
I like it :)

When David parkin was coaching us would be the last time we heard such praise.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
He actually wanted to come to Victoria to play football therefore, hopefully the 'go home' factor should be minimal.

Perth would still be a looong way from Halls Creek, presuming 'home' means WA?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57
Congrats to Samo.

Lets try for 3 in a row next week, both with wins AND rising star nominations. Curnowfides??

We could have 10 nominees and we're still not winning that award.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #58
I had the strangest dream last night, strange because I have never had one like it. I dreamt we won the flag this year and I was crossing the road to the Hilton for drinks with my mate crying because of all the pain we have been through in the last 15-20 years. Then BB ran across the road holding the Cup up like a lunatic and the crowd picked him up and he surfed across the crowd. Here's to dreams coming true huh (whilst adhering to road safety rules of course)?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #59
That kick inside by SPS on the members wing to Gibbs. I've watched it several times and I can't see him move his head to look to his left. How he spotted Gibbs I don't actually know. ????