Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review) (Read 75886 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review)

Reply #120
I don't get the negativity about last night's win. It was a good, solid win... one we had to and should have won. They threw everything at us and we had the answers. The twin talls up forward were both terrific. And when Eddie came on he showed some of his old dash.

Another big test is against a mob who like to beat us up... the Kangabies. Huge game.

I'll just see how they go v. North before I get too optimistic - I've been burnt once too often in the past by getting too far ahead of the real situation.

IN THE BAG COOKIE!!

It will be a much harder and higher quality game, but still a win.

4-5 goals.

Hope so mate!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #121
N e 1 hear MM's presser after the game?
Was listening on radio on way home and they were asking why Watto hasnt been getting a game.......I nearly drove off the road when MM said that Watto's form ALL YEAR has been very encouraging but Jamo and hendo were doing the job for him.  His form encouraging ??? :o

I cant take MM seriously any more after that. Cudo's to Watto for last nights effort. It wasnt awe inspiring but he did " a " job and passed. Hopefully he can keep it up and prove to everybody that he really does want to be a Blue. ;)

MM just feeds the media whatever he likes... protects his boys from scrutiny (individuals that is) and sends the media off on wild goose chases and seldom gives anything away. I love it. He must laugh down his sleeve when he gets back to the rooms...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #122
I don't get the negativity about last night's win. It was a good, solid win... one we had to and should have won. They threw everything at us and we had the answers. The twin talls up forward were both terrific. And when Eddie came on he showed some of his old dash.

Another big test is against a mob who like to beat us up... the Kangabies. Huge game.

I'll just see how they go v. North before I get too optimistic - I've been burnt once too often in the past by getting too far ahead of the real situation.

IN THE BAG COOKIE!!

It will be a much harder and higher quality game, but still a win.

4-5 goals.

Hope so mate!  ;)

Double hope so. The Kangabies will be much more difficult than the Aints...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #123
Was listening on radio on way home and they were asking why Watto hasnt been getting a game.......I nearly drove off the road when MM said that Watto's form ALL YEAR has been very encouraging but Jamo and hendo were doing the job for him.  His form encouraging ??? :o

I cant take MM seriously any more after that. Cudo's to Watto for last nights effort. It wasnt awe inspiring but he did " a " job and passed. Hopefully he can keep it up and prove to everybody that he really does want to be a Blue. ;)

MM just feeds the media whatever he likes... protects his boys from scrutiny (individuals that is) and sends the media off on wild goose chases and seldom gives anything away. I love it. He must laugh down his sleeve when he gets back to the rooms...

What's that Joh BP used to say - "Feeding the chooks"?  ;D

Reply #124
Watson did OK last night, especially in the last quarter.

Thought I saw MM talking to him at 3 quarter time (I think) and Watson started punching the ball from his man with confidence, kicked to position well and had a couple of booming kick-ins to the middle of the ground towards Kreuzer.

"We are depending on you to make this structure work, Matthew", Mick must have said to him.  ;D

Reply #125

If he gets asked the question a smart coach isn't going to talk him down. He is a whipping boy and often plays alot better than everyone thinks. He has his knocks, intensity, pace etc.., which I have seen, but hasn't let anyone down yet when he's played seniors. Remember he's just a 20yo KP player. Would be such a massive bonus to our entire structure if he made it.

Reply #126

If he gets asked the question a smart coach isn't going to talk him down. He is a whipping boy and often plays alot better than everyone thinks. He has his knocks, intensity, pace etc.., which I have seen, but hasn't let anyone down yet when he's played seniors. Remember he's just a 20yo KP player. Would be such a massive bonus to our entire structure if he made it.

Agree with this.

People criticize him like he's played 100 senior games. The only criterion for judging him now is potential. And IMO he has it. KPP that are ready to roll at his age are as rare as rocking horse s@#t. They take a while to come on.

There were many (on here and elsewhere) who thought for many years that Hawkins was a spud.

Reply #127
We need to play both Watson and Casboult.

Watson kicks out from Fullback to Centre Half Forward where Casboult marks it... not sure what happens after that though.... :-\

Reply #128

Watson kicks out from Fullback to Centre Half Forward where Casboult marks it... not sure what happens after that though.... :-\

A glimpse of the future to look forward to perhaps Lods??

Reply #129

It's actually a tactic we used to use quite effectively...(I think it was back in the Madden days.)
The fullback (or player kicking out) would kick long to our ruckman in the middle.
Often he'd just knock it further forward and we were into attack from the kickout.
There was one monster kick by Watson last night.

Reply #130

It's actually a tactic we used to use quite effectively...(I think it was back in the Madden days.)
The fullback would kick long to our ruckman in the middle.
Often he'd just knock it further forward and we were into attack from the kickout.
There was one monster kick by Watson last night.

Jamison was using the same tactic early in the year. Usually once a game he would unload one from FB to the centre circle where it would be fisted further forward. Jamo hasn't been taking many kickouts of late though.

Walker, with his chip to himself and run seems to be the preferred option of kicking in lately.

Reply #131
Watching the replay. Surprised how well a couple of times Watson closed on opposition leads, once on Reiwoldt and got the spoil in.

Initially I was happy with that effort but Reiwoldt was on one leg and had lost a bit of dash at that point.

Reply #132

Perhaps he meant that Watto's form was encouraging a delisting.

Reply #133
Did anyone notice how lacklustre the team song was sung after the game? Didn't look good. I think a big problem with this side is they have too many introverts and not enough that show genuine leadership qualities.
Or maybe they don't like hearing how $hite they are from their employer  :-\
Or maybe 'cos it was just a win against a team that has won just 3 games this year. Final siren went & I didn't see any Carlton supporters jumping around hysterically in delight.....some sang the song, most of us just smiled in quiet satisfaction & made our way out of the stadium. It ended up being a solid win (in margin) against a lowly opponent. Job done - what sort of reaction did you expect from the players....a lap of honour, followed-up with champagne popping in the rooms!? Purlease.....

A popped another couple of ice cold Bintangs for the boys  ;D
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #134
Watching the replay. Surprised how well a couple of times Watson closed on opposition leads, once on Reiwoldt and got the spoil in.

Initially I was happy with that effort but Reiwoldt was on one leg and had lost a bit of dash at that point.

Looked to be moving to that ball pretty quickly. If it was sore he'd have limped after it.

We can't be forever putting down our players efforts.