Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators) (Read 57015 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators)

Reply #60
Was great to be on the right end of a close match.

Not a great contribution from Judd, Murphy, Gibbs and Carazzo tonight, so to get up was encouraging. So many questions tonight. When is this midfield group going to click? Are we better with Robinson and Bell around the ball? Is Brock really giving us something? What is the best use of Scotland?

Walker's contribution off half back seems to be waning and I'd seriously consider moving him to a HFF or wing role for the next couple of games and push Yarran back, to freshen things up.

I'd also consider bringing Casboult into the side, as whilst Rowe is bringing the ball to ground we really lack Casboult's attack in a marking contest.

Yes, would've mind beefing the midfield up with Walker and Touhy.

Reply #61
Looking at that game tonight surely Graham has to come in.

Some of our mids looked bloody awful and needing a rest.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #62
Kruezer was great when the heat was on, and I like the pairing of him with Rowe...the latter ran out the game well and contested everything and while not big on the stat sheet did his part and I thought his ruck work was good and in tandem they broke Goldstein.
This is the pairing we need to go forward with and its a no brainer IMO that they are better footballers than Hampson, Casboult and Warnock.  An example was Rowe getting the ball and kicking long from the wing to Henderson running into goal....none of the other mentioned would have made that kick work for Henderson.

You didn't mention Rowe missing a 20m in-the-clear Armfield in the last with one of the worst kicks of the night. Nup....Rowe's not for me after tonight, thought he was poor. A couple of nice-ish things in the first half, diddly squat in the 2nd half & his ruckwork is merely pedestrian. I'd still give him more game time just to be sure....but tonight, Rowe was poo.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #63
Kruezer was great when the heat was on, and I like the pairing of him with Rowe...the latter ran out the game well and contested everything and while not big on the stat sheet did his part and I thought his ruck work was good and in tandem they broke Goldstein.
This is the pairing we need to go forward with and its a no brainer IMO that they are better footballers than Hampson, Casboult and Warnock.  An example was Rowe getting the ball and kicking long from the wing to Henderson running into goal....none of the other mentioned would have made that kick work for Henderson.

You didn't mention Rowe missing a 20m in-the-clear Armfield in the last with one of the worst kicks of the night. Nup....Rowe's not for me after tonight, thought he was poor. A couple of nice-ish things in the first half, diddly squat in the 2nd half & his ruckwork is merely pedestrian. I'd still give him more game time just to be sure....but tonight, Rowe was poo.

I guess we see it different....thought he was a contributor

Reply #64
Thought Rowe was ok as well.

Tough nite to be a forward for us.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #65
Jammo certainly was bad.  He has no pace this year and obviously hates playing N.M.  He gets a bath every time.  His fumbling tonight was especially bad, but at least he tries.  Watson is an absolute NO-TRIER!

Elwood you mention Watson's mark.  Well done, it was his only highlight and as I said, he was in the vicinity so he had a chance.

Purlease - for mine, Watson was our best defender tonight.....how'd his opponent go? Best game Watson has played by a mile, really encouraged with his performance tonight.

Jamo was disgusting.....that's 3 consecutive weeks of us possibly witnessing the demise of Jamo. Has not got a clue out there at the moment, embarrassing he is, total liability. Can't kick, constant brain explosions, can't get near his man - even in situations whereby his opponent is the obvious choice for having the ball delivered, Jamo manages to misread the play/flight of the ball/be too slow off the mark.......I'm over him. He got lucky with Riewoldt's kicking for goal last week, but he is in career-worst form. I hope like hell we're talking to some other full-backs out there come trade time.....Jamo's cooked.

Reply #66
Jammo certainly was bad.  He has no pace this year and obviously hates playing N.M.  He gets a bath every time.  His fumbling tonight was especially bad, but at least he tries.  Watson is an absolute NO-TRIER!

Elwood you mention Watson's mark.  Well done, it was his only highlight and as I said, he was in the vicinity so he had a chance.

Purlease - for mine, Watson was our best defender tonight.....how'd his opponent go? Best game Watson has played by a mile, really encouraged with his performance tonight.

Jamo was disgusting.....that's 3 consecutive weeks of us possibly witnessing the demise of Jamo. Has not got a clue out there at the moment, embarrassing he is, total liability. Can't kick, constant brain explosions, can't get near his man - even in situations whereby his opponent is the obvious choice for having the ball delivered, Jamo manages to misread the play/flight of the ball/be too slow off the mark.......I'm over him. He got lucky with Riewoldt's kicking for goal last week, but he is in career-worst form. I hope like hell we're talking to some other full-backs out there come trade time.....Jamo's cooked.

Not cooked, far from it. Certainly out of form though.

Reply #67
I still reckon fitness of our blokes is a problem.

its the tackling - nothing sticks
the only one that sticks is cachia

Wow our tackling was as good as I have seen it tonight.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #68
Sh1t should've clicked on the link.. Haven't seen the game, too busy feeding the family for our last night in Bal (and drinking frozen margaritas by the illegal boat load )..

Woo hoo we won.. Need to wait til Sunday for the replay...

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #69
Just one more thing. Jeffy was good again, his running power now is a sight to behold.

But if he didn't run over the footy he'd be a dead set champ.

Love this kid when he gets involved .

Still reckon Eddie was better as a sub than playing a full game this week.

Reply #70

I guess we see it different....thought he was a contributor

And fair enough.....happy to see him get more game time & he is a competitive beast, but when he plays ruck he needs to impose himself more around the ground.....didn't see a lot of that tonight.

Btw - is Bryce Gibbs taking the p!ss or what? I hope the Club can overrule MM's opinion of him being untouchable, 'cos he's VERY touchable imo. Impact tonight = ZERO. Poor Bryce, very, very, poor.....again.

Thought Carrazzo got back to something like the form we want to see of him, ditto Murphy. Judd's first half was beyond poor & starting the 2nd half on the bench was testament to that....goddamn it was ordinary. Imagine the scoreline if Judd & Gibbs had bothered turning up to play from the get-go? Eddie was just so-so, chimed in with the occasional good moment, but mostly he was pretty ineffective tonight, whilst his brothers-in-arms in Jeffy, played a ripping game & after quarter time, Yarran probably played his most rounded game for the Club....he became a tackling machine & that mark he took running with the flight in the 3rd.....I remember saying at the time "You gotta go Yazz, you gotta go...." and go he did....mark & goal = brilliant. Pity about the crape shot for goal in the last.

Apart from a couple of classy goals in the first, Lindsay Thomas is a cheap-goal merchant, although having your opponent (Tuohy for a lot of the night) kicking 2 goals on you isn't something I'd be overly proud of as a forward.

Ed Curnow played probably his best game for 2 years, with a PB of 2 goals, Armfield was all over the shop (his kicking for goal deadset crap), as was McInnes, Brock was too quiet for mine & Walker was serviceable.

Once again, MM appears confused as to how to use the sub - Cachia was a ridiculous choice, although 5 tackles in just a quarter of footy is pretty damn impressive.

Kreuzer's game was magnificent & he got better as the game wore on, although that shot for goal in the last.....deary, deary, me. Simmo was magnificent as his season is starting to thump into first gear, although he's still prone to some crucial errors by foot. Now we come to the bloke who suddenly finds himself as the most important player in the team, but is carrying that tag with aplomb.....Lachie. Played a ripping game last week, had all the focus on him in the press all this week & how does he respond? With an extremely workmanlike BOG......GUN, GUN, GUN, GUN, GUN.....yep, he's a bonafide gun is our Lachie.

I hate Norf with a passion, their supporters are surprisingly feral (and have been from my personal experience at the footy for quite some time), I saw bottles & footy records aplenty being thrown on the ground from the Norf member's wing in the last over what they believed to be bad umpiring decisions (suck it up princesses after the armchair ride you got in last year's corresponding game)....feral pigs the lot of them. A one point victory.....been a long time since we've experienced one of those and despite the blood pressure, I loved it.

Maybe next year Norf.....maybe next year......

Reply #71
People need to watch the replay.

Gibbs' game was too instruction.

Reply #72
Just one more thing. Jeffy was good again, his running power now is a sight to behold.

But if he didn't run over the footy he'd be a dead set champ.

Love this kid when he gets involved .

Still reckon Eddie was better as a sub than playing a full game this week.

Fair point...I think your sub has to be game changing player and Eddie is that type of player, Cachia did well when he came on and tackled like a demon
but should have started the game IMO..
Scott Thompson matchup was interesting and I know Nth have used Thompson in the past on Eddie but I didnt think it worked for them tonight, the Nth man was their best player last week and had plenty of the ball
but Eddie seemed to drag him out of the play tonight.

Reply #73

Not cooked, far from it. Certainly out of form though.

Stick a fork in him......he's done. Not just beaten, has been obliterated for 3 consecutive weeks by 3 of the premier forwards in the game. If Jamo can't play FB (which all the signs are that he no longer can), where does he play? If he manages to reverse this 'form slump' as you VERY kindly put it, the guy is a champion - however I'm fairly confident that ain't gonna happen as every single aspect of his game stinks right now.....EVERY aspect bar none.

Also....loved Lucas' cameos tonight - were as important as anything anyone else did on the ground. He's starting to restore the faith is Kane....good on him too.

Reply #74
Jamo has probably struggled since his mate went up forward. Hendo too valuable to go back now and Mick needs to find a suitable replacement. I'm not sure these guys who need to worry about their games rather than helping out the backline are the answer.