Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 28610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
That LP got caught up on this one player isn't surprising. Big picture isn't really his thing.

I've always fail to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I'll take a leaf from your example and try to get it right next time! ;) :D

The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Is Jack Silvagni out of the running though injury?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Did his ankle, but came back on and didn't seem in any discomfort.

Play him i say.

It'll be a cold night this saturday, reckon we'll see a Silvagni in long sleeves run out on the 'G for the first time in a long time.

Reply #32
now that big H and charlie are back it could prove beneficial if they build a synergy together in the VFL

Reply #33
Anyone actually going to the game?
It will be my 1st time to the MCG in nearly 20 years !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #34
I wouldn't have thought so.

Did his ankle, but came back on and didn't seem in any discomfort.

Play him i say.

It'll be a cold night this saturday, reckon we'll see a Silvagni in long sleeves run out on the 'G for the first time in a long time.

Didn't Watson as a raw young recruit debut v. The Pies? On Cloke. Never got over it. Still, give young Jack the lad a run eh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35

Did we win last time you went ??
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #36

Got a ticket, not sure whether I'll go or not yet. Sat night on the couch with a few glasses of red looks more like it atm.

Reply #37
Got a ticket, not sure whether I'll go or not yet. Sat night on the couch with a few glasses of red looks more like it atm.

I'd come over and watch it with you, but driving home after a couple of reds isn't a good look  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
I'd come over and watch it with you, but driving home after a couple of reds isn't a good look  ;)

Those carefree DUI times behind the wheel days are gone I guess  :(

(Only joking)

Reply #39

My next one is v Crows!
Hope you see the boys put on a show this weekend and you get to scream your lungs out with elation.
that is when we come away with our 7th for the season. Have a ball Amers. Give the boys a big cheer for me

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #40
Gowers and DVR need to play more than 4 or 5 good games to warrant a crack at the AFL IMHO. I am rapt they are showing something, really happy fro that, but they need to push hard to the selectors so that they simply cannot be ignored. They are making inroads!

Reply #41
Gowers and DVR need to play more than 4 or 5 good games to warrant a crack at the AFL IMHO. I am rapt they are showing something, really happy fro that, but they need to push hard to the selectors so that they simply cannot be ignored. They are making inroads!

Couldn't agree more.

DVR has also got to show consistency of intensity and stop going missing for periods of the game. Billy boy has been consistent in that area for a good month now and only needs to focus on better disposal.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
Couldn't agree more.

DVR has also got to show consistency of intensity and stop going missing for periods of the game. Billy boy has been consistent in that area for a good month now and only needs to focus on better disposal.

Agreed, but I worry that giving Tutt a game ahead of them sets a very bad example to the youth.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Agreed, but I worry that giving Tutt a game ahead of them sets a very bad example to the youth.

I have the opposite view.  Tutt has worked his butt and was rewarded for it.  That is a great example for the younger players to follow. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #44
There's nothing wrong with making the young blokes:
a. earn it
b. show some desperation and hunger
c. show some fight and dirt

If they want it bad enough, they'll get there.

If they are up to it (not talent wise as they all have it), they'll get there.

Guys like:
- Graham
- Buckley
- Jaksch
- DVR
- Gowers

There's obviously something(s) missing with these blokes that BB and co don't see, or haven't seen enough of, for long enough.