Skip to main content
Topic: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.  (Read 47059 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Reply #90

Another mid too for McLean?

Ellard. Surely.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #91
Murphy is booked in for knee surgery on Monday but will obviously reschedule if we are still playing.  Why do we play injured players and wreck their confidence??

Reply #92
Murphy is booked in for knee surgery on Monday but will obviously reschedule if we are still playing.  Why do we play injured players and wreck their confidence??

The knee probably isn't getting better or worse without surgery and recovery time probably won't impact next preseason ans a half fit Murphy is better than a lot of our players. That would be my guess.

Reply #94
Give him some credit, he will declare himself right to go, captains especially will always do that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #95
Ellard is a list clogger and we should have moved him on.....ok great battler but you cant send him out vs Mitchell, Swan, Jack, J .Selwood etc and expect to get a win...we have to get players on the list who have more upside than Ellard and can match it with the better players in the comp.
Its poor list management to hang onto players who wont challenge for your best 22.......you need 30 players who are senior 22 material...Ellard isnt one of them.

Reply #96
Be a mistake selecting any player this week who isn't going to be a part of our future unless absolutely forced to because of injury.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97

Ellard-Got to be kidding, will be gone by end of year back to WAFL...

Reply #98

Ellard. Surely.

When fit, I like the way he goes about it. Gives everything he's got.

Tackling machine with plenty of ticker. I would expect him to get a crack at it elsewhere if moved on at years end.

Reply #99

Ellard. Surely.

When fit, I like the way he goes about it. Gives everything he's got.

Tackling machine with plenty of ticker. I would expect him to get a crack at it elsewhere if moved on at years end.

Should be retained imo.

Goes hard, has ticker, knows where the goals are...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #100
If Ellard played last week instead of Jospeh we would have won.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #102
We don't have the stomach to win everytime there's been a chance to make a statement improve our ladder position we fail miserably  >:(

Reply #103
Woke up today positive...
So enough of the negativity...till after the game

CARN THE BLUES 8)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #104

Ellard-Got to be kidding, will be gone by end of year back to WAFL...
I think Ellard was BOG by some margin in the VFL, in a very poor result for the NBs.

If a player puts in like that in a game when your team is being thrashed it makes you take notice. McLean did this for three years while the naysayers kept telling us he is too slow, cannot kick, past it! We have too many that surrender easily, I'd rather have a Ellard type for 22 games than say a player who gives up at a critical moment! If you want to know why Port are heading for finals, they have 22 good ordinary players who never give up!

But I do agree his future is looking cloudy.
The Force Awakens!