Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 4805 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #15
Dont be so sure of Cripps being out. Rumours swirling around that that the scans revealed no damage and will be monitored this week and tested. It suggests to me that were ultra cautious on game day as they thought they could win without him.
I like it, l like it... alot. :))
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #16
Dixon and Wines out will help us no doubt. If Lycett follows suit, that’s a bonus. Hopefully Grey will be a bit scratchy too.

GC game has bought back all the bad Carlton nightmares. We can’t and shouldn’t assume we’re a certainty in any game.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
Dont be so sure of Cripps being out. Rumours swirling around that that the scans revealed no damage and will be monitored this week and tested. It suggests to me that were ultra cautious on game day as they thought they could win without him.

If he couldn't run out the game last week, don't play him this week.

Did we learn nothing from his form playing injured over the past 2 years?
Look at how well he played in R1-3 when he was fit.

Dow -> Cripps
Stocker -> Boyd
Pittonet -> Plowman

Reply #18
Or maybe we subbed him out so we could problem solve in real time how to cover his absence if he did break down in earnest?

We should have been able to win without him, the fact we didnt is a bit irrelevant.  On the way the game was played, I couldnt help but think we could have done a lot better with some better ball use.  We just failed to capitalise when we should, and the Suns are going to be one of those teams that do well when their tails are up. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
Dow -> Cripps
Stocker -> Boyd
Pittonet -> Plowman
Is Dow OK or injured, he was absent for the bulk of the last quarter in the VFL?

Stocker for Boyd is a no brainer, Stocker played very well in the VFL.

Not sure Pitto for Plowman makes sense, we were already slow and that is removing run, more likely from last weekends effort that Martin goes out and De Koning floats forward with SoJ dropping into the Martin role.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Hopefully Durdin is right to go this week too....he's been pretty good in the first 3 weeks and reckon we missed his forward defensive pressure too. I'd have him in for Fisher this week.

Reply #21
Hopefully Durdin is right to go this week too....he's been pretty good in the first 3 weeks and reckon we missed his forward defensive pressure too. I'd have him in for Fisher this week.

Fisher is just not exhibiting enough so easy choice :)

Reply #22
Hard to see Fogarty holding his spot either.....that might save Fisher?

But tend to agree with others on Jack Martin. If Pittonet is good to go, Silvagni stays forward and Martin might be surplus? His game last week was pretty much his career in a nutshell....came out and looked good for the first quarter or so and then just faded away again. He's done that too many times in his career at Carlton.

Reply #23
Reports are Alir Alir might be back this week.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #24
Reports are Alir Alir might be back this week.
Think Footy Classified had both Alir and Gray back for Port but Wines still missing and it seems Lycett is also very doubtful.

Reply #25
I couldn't give a rats ass who is in or out for us or them, we need to develop a very strong "anyone, anytime, anywhere" attitude.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
Them's fightin' words GTC :)

Reply #27
Dow -> Cripps
Pittonet -> Fogarty
Stocker -> Boyd (who didn't do much wrong)
Durdin -> Fisher

If we can't squeeze Kemp into the 22, he should be the sub.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
Not sure Pitto for Plowman makes sense, we were already slow and that is removing run, more likely from last weekends effort that Martin goes out and De Koning floats forward with SoJ dropping into the Martin role.
Pitto for Fogarty made sense in the pre-game?

Pitto in the side means we have to defend less because we actually get the ball out of the centre.

We missed him more than we missed Cripps in the second half. Not only does he compete against the biggest and the best and hold his own (at worst) he does so for a full match. TDK was shot in the 3rd quarter.

Reply #29
And supporters would have a perfect right to demand our higher paid players perform to justify their paypackets.  We have too many supposed "stars" doing way too little.

We must never tolerate that.