Skip to main content
Topic: Cheats FC Player Allegedly Tests Positve to Covid 19 (Read 5632 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cheats FC Player Allegedly Tests Positve to Covid 19

Reply #45
And he had 5 negative prior to positive on Fri. I would guess his positive might have been dodgy.
Yes, but nobody can take the risk of assuming a false negative, for a virus like COVID-19 false positive and quarantine is much safer error to make when there is no aggressive treatment.

It's quite possible a whole batch of these recent outbreaks might be false positives from a problematic batch of tests, it happens all the time but this situation would put that on steroids.

The media cannot have it both ways, you can't demand someone tests clear three or four times in a row and then write off as bad one false positive. It just doesn't work that way!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
Yes, but nobody can take the risk of assuming a false negative, for a virus like COVID-19 false positive and quarantine is much safer error to make when there is no aggressive treatment.

It's quite possible a whole batch of these recent outbreaks might be false positives from a problematic batch of tests, it happens all the time but this situation would put that on steroids.

The media cannot have it both ways, you can't demand someone tests clear three or four times in a row and then write off as bad one false positive. It just doesn't work that way!

Real events and truths can sometimes be damned inconvenient!  :o
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
There is an aggressive treatment (we just can't use it in most Western democracies openly because Trump once mentioned it).

Presuming the right protocol is followed (just as with any treatment of any illness) - at the right stage of infection.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/the-hydroxychloroquine-scandal
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
There a lot of basic errors in those articles you link.

For example. When graphing death rates you have to stack the data to see how the total death rate is affected, COVID-19 death rate is an increase in death rate to be stacked on top of all other causes, not as an alternative or a percentage of the default death rate. Assuming it is not deliberately deceptive it's a fundamental lack of understanding by the author on how statistics work.

Further I'd question the validity of death rate as a valid measure, because it scales with the epidemiology. If two diseases have the same death rate but one has five times the infectious rate it's far more serious. Of course authors construct a circular argument by then referring back to the death rate as a percentage, but that is already based on a fundamental mistake.

Regarding Hydroxchloroquine, the Surgisphere meta-data that is continually referenced in defence of the drug is proven bogus. It was all based on a meta-study not a real double blind drugs trials. A meta-data study just looks for correlations, then requires a full double blind study to confirm or refute the correlation. Not study was conducted by Surgisphere, I won't comment on the validity of the Surgishpere meta-study as you'd have to look at gigabytes of data and dive into how it was mined, but superficially as an organisation they look like they are predatory, they are searching for correlations in the hope some are patent-able and they can do this without paying for any real research and then just file speculative patents. There are real drug trials now underway but none have shown any benefit yet, and the fact that it may not be as harmful as the withdrawn study suggested doesn't mean the inverse, it doesn't mean it is useful as a prophylactic against COVID-19.

I've heard a nice analogy that explains meta-data studies. They are a bit like being lost at sea and searching for land, then seeing birds in the distance and saying there must be land that way, but the observations do not support the conclusion!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
FWIW

Work is telling us the tests are 70% accurate.

Connor has 2 tending positive, and 1 negative in the last 5 days.

At work in the hospital, given the nature of this beast, if you are suspected positive, you are positive until PROVEN negative and they test 4 times to ensure that negative is truly negative before discharge.

This has been handled poorly by the AFL.  People suspected of having COVID are being stood down as a precaution to be safe, not to be a pain in the butt.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #51
Brett Sutton reckons McKenna did have COVID-19 but has recovered.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
He certainly isn't going to raise the spectre of an often invalid test (the PCR test is crap) in the public arena!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
FWIW

Work is telling us the tests are 70% accurate.

Connor has 2 tending positive, and 1 negative in the last 5 days.

At work in the hospital, given the nature of this beast, if you are suspected positive, you are positive until PROVEN negative and they test 4 times to ensure that negative is truly negative before discharge.

This has been handled poorly by the AFL.  People suspected of having COVID are being stood down as a precaution to be safe, not to be a pain in the butt.

Only 70%.

I was appalled when I thought the test was 90% accurate.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #54

So he could have potentially infected others?, not sure how Dr Sutton gets to commentate on McKenna's health status when he isnt his personal GP.

Reply #55
Yes he would say that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #56
Only 70%.

I was appalled when I thought the test was 90% accurate.

All legitimate and credible tests in this sphere are deliberately designed to form false positives over false negatives, they weight the testing so that false negatives are eliminated as they can be deadly. In a weird way it's the very same premise as innocent until proven guilty.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
All legitimate and credible tests are deliberately designed to form false positives ahead over false negatives. It's the same premise as innocent until proven guilty.

Correct.

Err on the side of caution.
You are much better off catching all the people who have it, if a few 'innocents' get caught up, so be it.

If however, we let through a few people who have it, the damage could be catastrophic!

Reply #58
Correct.

Err on the side of caution.
You are much better off catching all the people who have it, if a few 'innocents' get caught up, so be it.

If however, we let through a few people who have it, the damage could be catastrophic!
 Sorry got me before I finished a revision. :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59

All legitimate and credible tests in this sphere are deliberately designed to form false positives over false negatives, they weight the testing so that false negatives are eliminated as they can be deadly. In a weird way it's the very same premise as innocent until proven guilty.

And yet the inventory of the PCR 'test' himself (Kary Mulllis, an out and out genius, died last August RIP) questions its efficacy given it was never designed for such a purpose.

"In the US, we have all but abandoned classical diagnostic medicine in favor of biotech, or lab result medicine.  This has been going on for a long time and is a dangerous turning.  The “Corona test” is named with characteristic tech-tedium: “CDC 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel.”  That means it is a needle in a DNA haystack test. A PCR test.

It finds fragments, nucleic acids. From an email from Kary Mullis, to the widow of boxer Tommy Morrison, whose career and life were destroyed by an “HIV test,” and who litigated ferociously for years, against test manufacturers, Dr. Mullis wrote, on May 7, 2013:

“PCR detects a very small segment of the nucleic acid which is part of a virus itself. The specific fragment detected is determined by the somewhat arbitrary choice of DNA primers used which become the ends of the amplified fragment. “

If things were done right, “infection” would be a far cry from a positive PCR test.

“You have to have a whopping amount of any organism to cause symptoms. Huge amounts of it,” Dr. David Rasnick, bio-chemist, protease developer, and former founder of an EM lab called Viral Forensics told me. “You don’t start with testing; you start with listening to the lungs. I’m skeptical that a PRC test is ever true. It’s a great scientific research tool.  It’s a horrible tool for clinical medicine.  30% of your infected cells have been killed before you show symptoms. By the time you show symptoms…the dead cells are generating the symptoms.”

I asked Dr. Rasnick what advice he has for people who want to be tested for COVID-19.

“Don’t do it, I say, when people ask me,” he replies. “No healthy person should be tested. It means nothing but it can destroy your life, make you absolutely miserable.”

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/07/was-the-covid-19-test-meant-to-detect-a-virus/
Finals, then 4 in a row!