Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69435 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #195
Maric would be too much for Kruezer IMO.....Warnock with his extra size was important last game in negating Maric...need to play the two rucks IMO plus Casboult as KP Forward...

Reply #196
Maric would be too much for Kruezer IMO.....Warnock with his extra size was important last game in negating Maric...need to play the two rucks IMO plus Casboult as KP Forward...

That's what I'm thinking. I'm okay with dropping Warnock as long as Kreuzer can handle the opposition ruck but Maric is too good for him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #197
We always do best with one and a back up. More often than not we're sh1t with 2. Doesn't add anything. Diminishes Kreuzer's affect as he is not good up forward. He suddenly becomes average if  he's  not first ruck. Collingwood and Richmond will be the same too. Hawthorn will go with 2 out of necessity with Buddy out, meaning Hale needs to spend more time forward. Hawthorn operate  best with Hale, with back up from Roughhead. Not sure the Swans have been as good playing  2 rucks plus Tippett and White. Why would you do  that when white and Tippett can ruck most proficiently. If you're looking to split  between a bloke who can win a few taps and a bloke who can kick a couple of goals you'd go with the latter.

That is old fashioned thinking, Laj. The Swans go with all the big guys because it is their natural advantage and it works, there is no better game plan or team setup, just a winning team that plays to it's strengths.

Like it or not we have a significant ruck advantage over most clubs that we have greatly failed to capitalise on, it is my opinion that we need to engineer the game plan to suit our strengths. It is pointless playing a marking KPF game plan if we have no marking KPF or if we have to bastardise our backline to try and fashion one! I'd rather see two Amigos up forward with a tackling forward like Armfield or Robinson and a tall like Kreuzer or Casboult inside F50 bringing the ball to ground. In my opinion the best football we played this year was early in the season when we had a series of narrow losses to top four sides. All games had combinations of Kreuzer, Rowe, Hampson and Casboult playing bringing the ball to ground from long fast entries of the HBF by the likes of Walker, Tuohy and Gibbs. In addition opposition rucks were being dominated, and all that happened when our midfield was hopelessly out of form! If we added an in form Yarran running off the HBF to that mix I think it would be our most damaging combination.

I am with @EB1 we need both playing plus Casboult but Casboult's performance will be critical. If he puts in another one like the last two we are shot, he could be our most important player this week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #198

That's what I'm thinking. I'm okay with dropping Warnock as long as Kreuzer can handle the opposition ruck but Maric is too good for him.

It was great to see Warnock get pissed off and hand out some of the treatment he cops week after week. Opposition rucks jump early and bury their feet or knees into his thighs and midriff, and they get away with it. Warnock returned the favor against Port a couple of times after half time, he got pinged for doing it twice, but it also stopped the opponents doing the same dead in their tracks.

As for Kreuzer, we should be bitching it up like Collingwood does whenever Cloke gets his arms chopped. I haven't seen an opponent make contact with the ball yet when Kreuzer jumps from in front!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #199
Like this?

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #200
Wow good get, and holding his head for safe keeping.

Isn't that high contact???

Or is it just an accident that you make contact with a jumping 206cm tall players head, A La Corey Enright!!!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #201
I think Warnock might be safe.

I think the choice is Kreuzer v Casboult.

Given MM is a Kreuzer fan and (IMO) a better defensive player, I think he'll go with Kruezer and go with extra speed or a attack on the footy.

I think MM would like to keep Duigan in.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #202

If Murphy and Simpson had bot had such a good game I would be more confident in Duigan keeping his place. Given Curnow had such a good game, Ellard and Duigan seem to be the only natural outs assuming Casboult stays in.

McInnes might not be safe, was struggling a bit and Waite did OK up forward which suggests Hendo can safely go back. In our previous games against Nthmond the tall backs haven't figured heavily. It has been our midfield and rucks that did the damage.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #203
McInnes not sold on him at all after the Scum brain fade and he looked less than sure against the Power.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #204
McInnes not sold on him at all after the Scum brain fade and he looked less than sure against the Power.

Apart form that howler against Ess, he gets the job done.  You dont notice him and his man never really inflicts damage i think he plays and is a valuable defender.  If Scotland comes back he will add confidence to that back line..

Reply #205
Cannot see us making that many changes to a winning team entering a final.

Possible Ins:
Judd
McLean
Scotland

Possible Outs:
Duigan
Ellard
McInnes
Casboult
Warnock
Kreuzer

Maybe it is time for MMs boy Bootsma to get another run, or Lucas!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #206
Cannot see us making that many changes to a winning team entering a final.

Possible Ins:
Judd
McLean
Scotland

Possible Outs:
Duigan
Ellard
McInnes
Casboult
Warnock
Kreuzer

Maybe it is time for MMs boy Bootsma to get another run, or Lucas!

If Brock has a quad, as reported, it'd be surprising for him to return after just 1 week. Reckon Juddy is a monty and Scotto is 50/50. No way I could see Lucas handling finals pressure after his form tapered so badly and didn't improve in the NBs. Please, let's put some Kgs on and strength into Boots before we bring him back to the top level again.

Can't see Warnock being dropped, nor McInnes. Duigan deserves another gig after his effort against the Pt.

For all his great endeavour, reckon Davey Ellard was exposed for his size and would be a certain omission.

Although Meat and Kreuz both deserve to be dropped after pathetic games on Sat night, they'll be perservered with... maybe Rowey for Meat.

Wouldn't surprise me if Robbo's under selection pressure.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #207
I think Warnock might be safe.

I think the choice is Kreuzer v Casboult.

Given MM is a Kreuzer fan and (IMO) a better defensive player, I think he'll go with Kruezer and go with extra speed or a attack on the footy.

Depends who's available obviously from Judd, Brock and Scotto.

Think your right about Warnock as MM made favourable mention of him after the game. I think he would then go with Kreuz rather than Casboult - it was not a good sign for him that he was substituted so early, although he wasn't complimentary to Kreuzer. Kreuz offers more flexibility though IMO. In fact MM may look to go smaller/quicker so Casboult might be out anyway.

Be interesting if all three are all available - if so then Ellard would be next out IMO . It would be then between Duigan and McInnes. Again I think Duigs offers more flexibility so maybe McInnes would be unlucky.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #208
For all his great endeavour, reckon Davey Ellard was exposed for his size and would be a certain omission.
Is Ellard the perfect tagger for King?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #209
I'd like to see Lucas come in for sure.

Re Davey Ellard I agree with Baggers, he is too lightweight and has little physical presence. Haven't seen him crack into the packs like he was circa 2010-2011 for quite some time. If he's not doing that he's not worth his spot IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!