Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 79924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #285
Yep and if we never give up again for the rest of the year I'll be happily proven wrong.

What were your expectations for this season?

If you figured we were going to win the flag, then i feel sorry for you.
If you thought anything else, then surely you knew there would be some hiccups along the way. This is one them.

I wanted to start the year with a good four quarter performance win or lose.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #286
I agree with Carrots. If we played hard footy for 4 quarters and lost by a goal or two, I would have been happy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #287
My expectations were genuine improvement.

All we seem to get is eventual groundhog day.

The bonehead ball movement, the selling of teamates into trouble, ordinary execution, the loose opposition players inside our defensive fifty, the much discussed ineffective ruck division, the struggle to score and the almost immediate response.

Its just downright depressing that we seem to be waiting for tge return of Chris Judd (again) and Andrew Carrazzo...

Geez thats depressing.  We didnt even get a young debutant to help us feel a little better about where we are going.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #288
My expectations were genuine improvement.

All we seem to get is eventual groundhog day.

The bonehead ball movement, the selling of teamates into trouble, ordinary execution, the loose opposition players inside our defensive fifty, the much discussed ineffective ruck division, the struggle to score and the almost immediate response.

Its just downright depressing that we seem to be waiting for tge return of Chris Judd (again) and Andrew Carrazzo...

Geez thats depressing.  We didnt even get a young debutant to help us feel a little better about where we are going.

MM won't play the younguns, they will only have little cameos here and there throughout the season.
Other clubs throw their youngsters in the fire and many come out looking great. Yes I'm all for protecting them and making sure we are not ruining their bodies too quickly or their ego, but gee it would've been great to see Menzel run all game. Isn't it his third year? Then have Cripps come off the bench or similar.
We have plethora of young guys who we just never get to see.
If it wasn't for Jamo's and Hendo's injuries we would never have seen Watson. He wasn't actually carving it up in the twos to warrant his selection.
Some players will and do step it up a notch when they get into the ones.  Some of our NB players do rack up 50 posessions but never get a lookin in the major game.
MM just likes player favourites.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #289
Yep and if we never give up again for the rest of the year I'll be happily proven wrong.

If you thought anything else, then surely you knew there would be some hiccups along the way. This is one them.

Bollocks.

You were banging on last year when we were 0-3, 0-4 about how honourable losses meant nothing. You wanted wins!

NOW you'll settle for honourable losses??

Not buying it.

Reply #290

Bollocks.

You were banging on last year when we were 0-3, 0-4 about how honourable losses meant nothing. You wanted wins!

Not buying it.

I suspect expectations have been lowered for many of us. ;)
This has turned into  a "limbo contest" not a "high jump" :D

Reply #291
Bollocks.

Not buying it.

He's got you there Carrots.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #292

Bollocks.

Not buying it.

Bollocks yourself! In our losses last year we were going to sleep for large periods of the game and conceding many goals on the run. Go back to my posts they CLEARLY point that out. Same issue as against Port. Go back to my post in the pre-game thread where I CLEARLY once again state we need to sustain a four quarter effort at minimum against this lot.

As lods said my expectations have dropped, possibly far more than most as you guys are still in the land of delusion thinking Malthouse can pull us out of this crap. The writing is well and truly on the wall.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #293
@PI2C

Don't think atm that MM or anyone else could pull us out of this crape - not with our present list. Big changes needed unless we get our sh1te together pdq.

We just don't have the focus, concentration or endurance to go 4 quarters with hard working, fit opposition.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #294

Bollocks.

Not buying it.

Bollocks yourself! In our losses last year we were going to sleep for large periods of the game and conceding many goals on the run. Go back to my posts they CLEARLY point that out. Same issue as against Port. Go back to my post in the pre-game thread where I CLEARLY once again state we need to sustain a four quarter effort at minimum against this lot.

As lods said my expectations have dropped, possibly far more than most as you guys are still in the land of delusion thinking Malthouse can pull us out of this crap. The writing is well and truly on the wall.

We had an argument in the 'have we improved' thread prior to the hawthorn game.
You said it was irrelevent how close we got to them, despite them having only 1 game all year, and the only thing that mattered was whether or not we win.
I said, even if we lose, it could show clear improvement
and alternatively, even if we win, doesn't mean we've improved

You said wins were all that mattered. Now, you change your mind....as you're entitled to do, but you are changing it to the exact line of thinking you were arguing against last year.

For the record, Carlton did improve last year. ;)

As for this year...who the hell knows! It is only 1 game FFS. Last years Premiers were 0-1 after 1!
People still fail to acknowledge that.

You know what, if we lose to the tigers, that is still not enough to right off a whole season!

Reply #295
No that was one opponent we hadn't beaten for a long time. We needed to make a statement so that game in particular I said in order to have improved we must win. As it was I'm pretty sure the same thing happened again, we were unable to see out four decent quarters of football.

The point I'm trying to make here is if we DO play four quarters of football it will more than likely result in a win regardless. If they play four quarters and just get knocked off so be it, they gave everything.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #296
We just don't have the focus, concentration or endurance to go 4 quarters with hard working, fit opposition.

We can certainly agree on that!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #297
We were 0-3 last year, Tigers were 3-0. Just saying.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #298

Bollocks.

Not buying it.

We had an argument in the 'have we improved' thread prior to the hawthorn game.
You said it was irrelevent how close we got to them, despite them having only 1 game all year, and the only thing that mattered was whether or not we win.
I said, even if we lose, it could show clear improvement
and alternatively, even if we win, doesn't mean we've improved

You said wins were all that mattered. Now, you change your mind....as you're entitled to do, but you are changing it to the exact line of thinking you were arguing against last year.

For the record, Carlton did improve last year. ;)

As for this year...who the hell knows! It is only 1 game FFS. Last years Premiers were 0-1 after 1!
People still fail to acknowledge that.

You know what, if we lose to the tigers, that is still not enough to right off a whole season!

Yes, positive was we fought back in the 3rd qtr to lead when we had nothing in the tank.  Run over by an outstanding, fitter running side in the last qtr as our fitness isn't up to scratch yet. No different to Adelaide Thursday night. Going better than what we think.

The lapses are the ones that still get to me. We were right on top early in the 2nd qtr then we let them kick 4 goal pretty quickly. woke us up and we kicked 4 of our own again but it's something we have to get out of our game. There's still that lazy aspect in out game. I'd like to be 5-6 goals  in front feeling comfortable, not nervous.

Reply #299
Just cant believe we get beaten by a team that finished near the bottom 18 months ago and was a laughing stock.
2011 we finished 5th they finished second last
our list wasn't an old one - many said we'd improve.