Skip to main content
Topic: Round 9: Carlton vs. Sydney Post Game Pain (Read 63131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 9: Carlton vs. Sydney Post Game Pain

Reply #60
Great to see Cripps leading the way for a lot of the game.
Doesn't mind a bit of the rough stuff either which is good to see.
Need more players like him and Bucks with a bit of mongal
Rowe was good on Buddy.
Graham did ok, but needs more time to get some consistancy.
Jones and Tutt proved  what a waste of space they are.
Sav is doing a good job with Big Levi. Can see the improvement in his set shots
Another solid game by Doc.
Boy do Sydney get away with a lot with the umps up there at the SCG!!.
Adam Goodes proved once and for all why he's a total tossbag, and is not very liked. Once again will make the indigenous Round all about him!! Attention seeking fkwit!! People don't boo him because his Aboriginal.. People boo him because he's a diving, attention seeking flog!!!

Reply #61
Cmon Dom that is harsh re Goodes, as I've said previously, a portion of the those booers are definitely racist and those that aren't are providing a cover for them. Just disgraceful.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #62
Yeah I agree with your point. I have no doubt that a portion of booers are racist pricks.
But it he doesn't want to draw attention to the situation any more than he already has, and it doesnt affect him like he says, why does he get in the faces of supporters and fuel the haters ?
If its just a racial thing, why is it just him that they booed last night ? Didn't hear anyone booing Jetta or Buddy last night.

Reply #63
Because he's made a public stand against racism and he's an easy target because he puts himself out there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
People don't boo him because his Aboriginal.. People boo him because he's a diving, attention seeking flog!!!

AFL supporters hate staging, as age has crept up on Goodes he has become worse than Bumber Lloyd, Roo Thomas, Patch Adams and Docker Ballantine combined!

Sure there may be racist fans, one or two in a crowd, but not thousands as the media imply. If you start believing the media you're in for a world of hurt!

Watts, Judd, Goddard and Hird get booed every week, you don't hear them bitching about it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
I thought Thomas was ok last night, he tried hard with and without the ball, I thought he tried to show some leadership but in the end was just overwhelmed and he is definitely carrying injuries
Mick wasn't the Messaih he was just a naughty boy

Reply #66
Sure there may be racist fans, one or two in a crowd, but not thousands as the media imply. If you start believing the media you're in for a world of hurt!

How do you know this? In reality, you are implying as well. Australia as a country is enormously racist.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67
The mums and kids he aggressively pretended to throw a spear at didn't exactly look like your typical racists but then again it was a young girl who did abuse him a couple of years ago.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #68
How do you know this? In reality, you are implying as well. Australia as a country is enormously racist.

You'd have to be living in a cupboard to believe a large percentage of the population was racist! Racists are a minority, if they weren't The White Australia policy would still be in place!

The truth is simple, Goodes has turned out to be a tool who wants to provoke people, he wants the reaction.

He cannot call for acceptance and tolerance then fake throwing spears at people! He can't have it both ways, if he wants rules he has to live by them too, with respect for everybody!

He disrespects people, and he disrespects the sport by staging!

Throwing rocks is never a solution, and he throws plenty!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
If Tuohy did an Irish Jig after scoring a goal against Goodes, Goodes would label him a racist and ask the AFL to have him banned or fined!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
A 10 goal loss is a 10 goal loss, it's basically a flogging.
The only thing to take out of last night is that we kept plugging away until the last bell but we are so far down on talent it isn't funny.
No key forwards, no key backs and no ruckman won't win many games of football and it will take four to five years to fix even if by some miracle we start to get our drafting and trading strategies right.
Last years draft and trade was a shocker even by our low standards so it's hard to be confident.
As for Goodes I agree with PI2C and a few others, I think a lot of what he cops is because he's put racism out there and told the world he won't stand for it, and good on him I reckon.
Some of the bad karma he gets is just because he doesn't wear the right colours and football supporters are notorious for hating anyone who isn't part of their tribe, but most of it is because of what he stands for.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #72
As for Goodes I agree with PI2C and a few others, I think a lot of what he cops is because he's put racism out there and told the world he won't stand for it, and good on him I reckon.
Some of the bad karma he gets is just because he doesn't wear the right colours and football supporters are notorious for hating anyone who isn't part of their tribe, but most of it is because of what he stands for.

Spot on mate, he cops it because he's made a stand against racism. Disgraceful it is.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
The game showed that we are years behind in developing competitive structures at either end of the ground.  Defence is a team issue, not something based upon individuals.  Our forward line is similar and not a coherent unit.  IMO this is a reason why a certain person is no longer at the club.

Considering the fact he was isolated one out and with the swine's delivery I thought that Rowe did an excellent job.    Rowe at least halved the contests on a player who has consistently flogged us.  Yes he is a limited footballer, but we have no other options in defence.  To his credit he beat Buddy in the “initial” or aerial contests… the problem then came where Buddy did his usual go-left-side-take hand pass- shot on goal flanker routine… so where the hell where the support players – Touhy and Walker – that are supposed to screen the contest and prevent scoring opportunities from the secondary contest?  Non existent - a classic example of a lack of team defence.

Once matched up more appropriately I thought White did a decent job on Tippett – the quintessential flat track bully.  Another golden child umpire’s favourite, Tippet pushes at every aerial contest, is immune to HTB and gets a lot of lee way.  White showed him up to be a weak player… Delivery like last night and he did F-all.

Touhy must be either played further up the ground or dropped.  Has no idea about positioning himself in defence.  He must be used in a role that optimises his skill set.

Walker runs as if he has concrete legs – the injuries have caught up with him and he is, unfortunately, mentally and physically shot.   We can’t carry him at senior level any longer.

Our forward line is a mess and a big part of why we play so ineffectively.  Forwards are supposed to be like traffic cops, and direct the mids where to kick the ball, with the bomb saved for “I’m under pressure” occasions.  Jones, is in football terms, brainless and he doesn't draw the mids to kick to good locations.   The only hope for him now is to be played at CHB and hope that he gets drawn to the ball by a decent forward.   Henderson has the footy smarts and nous to play forward but lacks the body strength to perform the role.  He also gets shamelessly mauled in every contest.   Levi’s long shot on goal was a ripper and he is clearly improving in that regard.

I thought Buckley’s opportunist goal was something we haven’t seen this year (beat defence for pace and nous) and I would like to continue to see him played in a more attacking role for the rest of the year.  But he must get stronger or he has no future.

Everitt worries me at times but as EB pointed out, he is handy and can play many roles.  Menzel really worries me... he can't play injured and he isn't working hard enough.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #74
Touhy must be either played further up the ground or dropped.  Has no idea about positioning himself in defence.  He must be used in a role that optimises his skill set.

Tuohy had his free thinking coached out of him!

The whole side has lost the ability to act instinctively, they have been condemned by the Malthouse regime to play out their careers full of doubt, fear and indecision. They may never recover, they are now a bunch of mindless automatons!
The Force Awakens!