Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92941 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #165
Some telling stats in a 6 pt game;

Carlton   Statistic           Essendon
73           Marks           106
50           Tackles           72
9           Goals Kicked   12
20           Behinds Kicked   9
2           Rushed Behinds   1
31           Scoring Shots   22
29.0%   Conversion   54.5%
48           Inside 50s           56

Free kicks?
Hit outs (to advantage)?
Frees were actually 20 to 17 our way. Hit outs 41 to 23 our way, dont know how many to advantage. They laid 22 more tackles and we kicked 20 behinds to their 9. Its not the first time this has happened and along with our fitness is a high priority to be addressed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #166
Seems our club has developed a new skill... when the opponent is not up to winning against us, we find a way to help them beat us.

Our own worst enemies.

Soft leadership and woeful discipline.

Teasers - show us something like the Tiggers game, then obviously spend the week following jerking each other off; comparing hair styles and then failing to back up a good effort with a better one. Then a better one again.

Lose a bloke early in a game and go to water.

We need to trade out the girls and get some men into the club; blokes with a strong resolve between the lugholes.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #167
Im gob smacked as to how people can continue backing the players and pointing at the coach.  These guys did the exact same thing when Ratten was coaching for his career and finals were on the line last year.  A season on and our coach has been with this mob for less than 12 months and these guys have done it again with finals on the line again.

The players lost me when they failed to rally behind the coach.  Why?  Because they are a group that have been molly coddled to the point that they can only play well when everything is going to plan.

Miss a few shots at goal and the collective crap their dacks.

Its time for us to back someone to do whatever it takes.

Yep, yep and double yep!
It's that old saying that is so applicable to our list and footy dept. "If you want the people to change, you've got to change the people!" Go and do it Mick!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #168
Glad I didn't go... had to go to Canberra re work - imagine losing how we did and finding yourself in Canberra!!! The only cemetry with street lights.

Feel a lot like Dr. E. Hardly slept.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #169
Thanks guys (I assume)... it has been a cathartic 18 hours and we must all move on to the better..

I have always enjoyed your posts Crash, the highlight of the past 10 years has been watching kids develop so I intend to spend time in the future at Preston.  I hope I see Baggers and RR there.

Football lost a lot of soul when you couldn't go early and watch the 2's runs around, another tradition ripped from the guts of the game.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #170
I'd be disappointed if the club didnt call a meeting today or tomorrow of the entire club from the chairman to the boot studder and the sat around as a whole for open and honest discussion on that performance. CFC (Simmo excluded) brought themselves into disrepute last night. As I said earlier, I hope they learnt something from CheatsFC last night, how to play for your club, coach and each other, we failed on all three counts. At the end of the day its called DETERMINATION and we showed  zero AFAIC (Simmo excluded, he is all heart).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #171
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Dominated the game largely. At one stage had 16 of the last 18 scoring shots. And lost the game of footy.

Just mentally inept. And nothing to fall back to when the going gets tough. This was Ratts biggest failing, yet 12 months on I see nothing has changed.

I guess we can write off the season now, most supporters were happy to anyway.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #172
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Dominated the game largely. At one stage had 16 of the last 18 scoring shots. And lost the game of footy.

Just mentally inept. And nothing to fall back to when the going gets tough. This was Ratts biggest failing, yet 12 months on I see nothing has changed.

I guess we can write off the season now, most supporters were happy to anyway.
Shades I wrote it off weeks ago. And youre right, nothing to fall back to when the going gets tough. If you swapped J Selwood for M Murphy last night and we win, plain and simple. But then again, why should it be up to to one man, there's 22 out their playing a team game. I realised last night in little snippets and passages of play how many individuals were playing for themselves. One classic example was Betts in the last qtr taking a difficult snap when Menzel was virtually free in the goal square.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #173
The only real leader we have is Simmo. Don't know what he's like off-field but in battle this guy is a true warrior-leader.

Our nominal leader, Murph, is meek and mild and uninspirational in the leadership role - a massive flaw!

There are no other leaders, apart from Judd and Carrots who are reaching the end of their careers.

What we have in spades are spectators, bunglers, cruisers, show ponies and dimwits!

Massive revamp required with a massive injection of leadership, guts and determination.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #174
Im gob smacked as to how people can continue backing the players and pointing at the coach.  These guys did the exact same thing when Ratten was coaching for his career and finals were on the line last year.  A season on and our coach has been with this mob for less than 12 months and these guys have done it again with finals on the line again.

The players lost me when they failed to rally behind the coach.  Why?  Because they are a group that have been molly coddled to the point that they can only play well when everything is going to plan.

Miss a few shots at goal and the collective crap their dacks.

Its time for us to back someone to do whatever it takes.

Nothing had changed in 12 months and that's not a failing of the coach?

We should just let then run themselves and save the mill then.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #175
We haven't been the team we have wanted to be since Round 3 2012.

I don't know, maybe it was too hard to get that good.

The only excuse I can make for last night is that I'm sure plenty of the boys are sore and we did field a VFL team against, more or less, a strong Essendon side.

List lodgement period will be interesting.

Reply #176
Is this a result of our mids just sitting back and letting Judd do the work for the last 5 years? No one seems willing to try and turn the game around.

Betts so disappointing last night that left foot snap in the last from the goalsquare. Betts would kick that 999/1000 times. Goes to show our players aren't focused at all. That's where the poor kicking for goal comes from.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #177
Our game plan is to ignore fantastic attacking options through the middle and kick to one on ones down the boundary. The amount of time we have a great option and ignore it to go to a one on one is so frustrating aint no way that game plan is going to get you a premiership nowadays.

One problem I noticed is certain senior players ignore better options because of who the player is and this has been going on for years now. Scotland had Duigan on his own the centre square, ignored him and kicked it long and high to Marc Murphy who had to out mark his opponent. Murph has never taken a contested mark in his life.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #178
The only excuse I can make for last night is that I'm sure plenty of the boys are sore and we did field a VFL team against, more or less, a strong Essendon side.

They were missing a fair few, we had all our key position players and once again were good enough to win if we had the focus to do it. Heppell was a huge out for them.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #179
Our game plan is to ignore fantastic attacking options through the middle and kick to one on ones down the boundary. The amount of time we have a great option and ignore it to go to a one on one is so frustrating aint no way that game plan is going to get you a premiership nowadays.

One problem I noticed is certain senior players ignore better options because of who the player is and this has been going on for years now. Scotland had Duigan on his own the centre square, ignored him and kicked it long and high to Marc Murphy who had to out mark his opponent. Murph has never taken a contested mark in his life.

It's true Buckley copped it bigtime vs the Saints earlier in the year as well. We're a side that likes to move the ball quickly and precisely. I understand we need to slow it down from time to time but let's play to our strengths FFS.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!