Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92892 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #225
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Got tired of reading all the rants and decided to stop at the first post that best described the situation. 8 pages before I came across it. You can say all you like about how p!ssweak we were but the truth is they were contesting, they were putting in and they were having a crack. We are just not good enough. The writing was on the wall as soon as our 'gun' inclusion Duigan missed his first 2 sprays/shots on goal and when Brock went down. By the time the 3rd quarter came around 4 goals 8 was no surprise and the last quarter fadeout was inevitable. God awful result but lets face it unless the CFC plays at it's optimum level for 100% of the time these results are going to be as common as bird droppings.

Both spot on. I would also add that being not good enough includes being not mentally tough enough or physically fit enough to play/compete at the level required in today's football.

Exactly Cookie.

Reply #226
The only way I can accept this is if this becomes "watershed" day and vowing this type of sh1t will never happen again. Much like Geelong in 2007 after round 5 in where they sat 2-3 after another p1ss poor loss.

Other than that I want a complete review club and changes made because this simply isn't good enough. Work ethic, attitude, culture that IS the problem in our club. We can play alright but simply don't want it badly enough and not willing to work for it.

Reply #227
@goat

I agree with you mate. I had the same expectations but from round 1 the warning signs were there that not a lot has changed.

Many supporters are backing Mick just because its him, and the excuse is well he needs 12 months. Well if that is the case last nights result shouldn't matter to those who think that way.

Yet here we are with 14 or so pages of vitriol directed at everyone. Now I'm sure some of these posters are backing Mick's 3 year plan. So why so disappointed? Isn't this part off he Process?
Do you believe we will be in a position to strike in 2015?

Not with the current coaching set up... Nope
Same, I'd expect as much change to the coaches as to the list.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #228
@goat

I agree with you mate. I had the same expectations but from round 1 the warning signs were there that not a lot has changed.

Many supporters are backing Mick just because its him, and the excuse is well he needs 12 months. Well if that is the case last nights result shouldn't matter to those who think that way.

Yet here we are with 14 or so pages of vitriol directed at everyone. Now I'm sure some of these posters are backing Mick's 3 year plan. So why so disappointed? Isn't this part off he Process?
Do you believe we will be in a position to strike in 2015?

Not with the current coaching set up... Nope

Our list is now light-years behind about 10 other lists (and that's being conservative). Whether it was Mick not doing his homework or the Club powers-that-be at their spin-talk best, but Mick arrives at the Club & suddenly, due to so many chumps on cushy contracts, is totally & utterly hamstrung in what he could & couldn't do with the list.....the status quo remained & now look at us, another year wasted carrying all the usual suspects....and we fall behind, yet again, as teams all around us unearth future 200 gamers, as we go another year without even the hint of a NAB Rising Star nomination.

The list stinks, 'cos the Club over-rated too many on it & that's without even touching on our recent train-wreck draft selections. With so many chumps now able to be offloaded, Mick gets one almighty shot in this off-season to at least set this list onto a corrected course.....so don't fcuk it up!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #229
I had to work last night and relied on occasional updates from mates.  Once I learned that Walker & Kruezer were late outs, replaced by Duigs and Joseph, I expected that they would jibb their way to a loss.

Not interested in watching the replay, I read a few game reviews when I got home and found myself to be strangely calm. This morning I thought I'd look at the aftermath on the board and realised that I feel nothing... not angry, not disappointed, nothing....  And its just hit me that my passion for the once mighty CFC has been beaten into submission and is now gone.  I can do this no more.  :-[
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #230
Not fit enough!!

Too many fade out, too often overrun.

You can look mentally soft when you are physically weaker than the opposition. They have no belief in their ability to run out a game.

They need to have the off season mantra of 'fittest and strongest' in preparation for 2014.

Dick always said get the best, now find the best conditioning coach in the business here or OS.

Reply #232
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Got tired of reading all the rants and decided to stop at the first post that best described the situation. 8 pages before I came across it. You can say all you like about how p!ssweak we were but the truth is they were contesting, they were putting in and they were having a crack. We are just not good enough. The writing was on the wall as soon as our 'gun' inclusion Duigan missed his first 2 sprays/shots on goal and when Brock went down. By the time the 3rd quarter came around 4 goals 8 was no surprise and the last quarter fadeout was inevitable. God awful result but lets face it unless the CFC plays at it's optimum level for 100% of the time these results are going to be as common as bird droppings.

Both spot on. I would also add that being not good enough includes being not mentally tough enough or physically fit enough to play/compete at the level required in today's football.

Exactly Cookie.

*sigh*....another with the "We're not good enough" crap as the sole excuse....but then you also go on & (correctly mind you) agree with Cookie in regards to being mentally weak.....so which is it rocky? Btw, not having a crack also equates to not running hard enough both ways, not working hard enough to create opportunities for your teammates, not ensuring you've covered all bases around the stoppages, not sticking diligently to your opponent. Generally when you lose a game of footy, it's because a team wasn't good enough - yeah, we all get that already....how bout we take the simplicity out of it & dig a bit deeper than that, as it was there for all to see last night.

Who was Goddard's opponent last night btw?

Reply #233
I had to work last night and relied on occasional updates from mates.  Once I learned that Walker & Kruezer were late outs, replaced by Duigs and Joseph, I expected that they would jibb their way to a loss.

Not interested in watching the replay, I read a few game reviews when I got home and found myself to be strangely calm. This morning I thought I'd look at the aftermath on the board and realised that I feel nothing... not angry, not disappointed, nothing....  And its just hit me that my passion for the once mighty CFC has been beaten into submission and is now gone.  I can do this no more.  :-[

The reason you feel the sense of calm Zed is for the very reason you mentioned; you did not have to witness the game.....if you wish to remain clam, never ever watch that game.....ever. I also wish I'd missed the game, but alas, it's too late for me.....*sigh*, the horror will live with me forever......

Reply #234
The only way I can accept this is if this becomes "watershed" day and vowing this type of sh1t will never happen again. Much like Geelong in 2007 after round 5 in where they sat 2-3 after another p1ss poor loss.

Other than that I want a complete review club and changes made because this simply isn't good enough. Work ethic, attitude, culture that IS the problem in our club. We can play alright but simply don't want it badly enough and not willing to work for it.

We have been having them each year for a while!

Reply #235
@Brettie

The interesting thing for me Brettie is with that list you provided, which I agree with btw. For me, they are indicators or symptoms of not being good enough. The big question I have, and I don't expect you to provide an answer, is whether or not we can ever correct all of those deficiencies?

If our players are incapable of being rehabilitated then no coach can do that - if they are, then let's hope MM can. So far, the old ways seem hard to change and list changes look necessary.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #236

Dominated the game largely. At one stage had 16 of the last 18 scoring shots. And lost the game of footy.

Just mentally inept. And nothing to fall back to when the going gets tough. This was Ratts biggest failing, yet 12 months on I see nothing has changed.

I guess we can write off the season now, most supporters were happy to anyway.

Twelve months on ...... same list, same Leopards, same spots !

I don't disagree, but isn't the point of the coach to Change these spots. Ala Lyon at Fremantle?

Or during free agency, draft and trade period, do we have a coach not interested and a board divided about where we are at as a group?

You can't change them, if they don't want to change.
We lack depth and most of our 50 - 150 players as soft a mush.
Midfield is all to often crape and unaccountable.

I reckon Freo's list was always pretty good, they just lacked direction with the ex Essendon moron in charge. Ross will get out of them what St Kilda couldn't do.

We are getting more like the Saints.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #237
@Brettie

The interesting thing for me Brettie is with that list you provided, which I agree with btw. For me, they are indicators or symptoms of not being good enough. The big question I have, and I don't expect you to provide an answer, is whether or not we can ever correct all of those deficiencies?

If our players are incapable of being rehabilitated then no coach can do that - if they are, then let's hope MM can. So far, the old ways seem hard to change and list changes look necessary.

True enough cookie - I guess the 'not good enough' tag is an amalgam of a lot of things, but I think they need to be specifically pointed out, because to some 'not good enough' means a couple of bad kicks, a couple of missed tackles, etc., when it's a lot deeper than that.

This upcoming off-season could arguably be one of Mick's greatest ever challenges since he took-up the coaching caper. He's in charge of the most under-performing of the traditional 'Big Four' Vic teams, he's had a year to study this list, he's got an uninterrupted off-season, (finally) some expired contracts & hopefully the green light to slash & burn. If he can't get it right now....we're fooked - even moreso.

Reply #238
Fair enough Big Jack.

Then I ask the Question again. Why pay out Ratts at $900k or whatever and bring in mick for $3 mill if we fundamentally can't improve the players we have. Seems like a waste of money... no?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #239
Fair enough Big Jack.

Then I ask the Question again. Why pay out Ratts at $900k or whatever and bring in mick for $3 mill if we fundamentally can't improve the players we have. Seems like a waste of money... no?

Because Mick knows how to build a list and run a club.