Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 18417 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #61
Which two? Jones and Weitering?

They can play but they are absolutely putrid tonight and Weitering is sooooo slow

And his kicking is woeful, no pressure and cannot hit a target, should not have played ......

Reply #62
All part bottom 2 list in the AFL.  ;)   Or outcoached.   However you want to slice it.

I have been a pioneer for pointing out how bad our list is and trying to temper people expectations as a result. So believe me i understand.

That being said, doesn't excuse the poor performances by the Bolton and co at the selection table.

Sure, we'll struggle to get a win, but you don't have to make sure of it.

Reply #63
Gotta say, you get a contest from Kerridge, Graham, & SOS, theyre not Blue Chip, but they crack in....I have lost respect & any hope for this FC in 2018.... >:(

I actually feel ill watching this

Reply #64
Gotta say, you get a contest from Kerridge, Graham, & SOS, theyre not Blue Chip, but they crack in....I have lost respect & any hope for this FC in 2018.... >:(

Honest question.   What did you expect with 2 of your best 4 gone from 2017.   Improvement from?

Reply #65
Are we taking the pi55???
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #67
Weitering is shot, letting that nobody spud Crocker give it you isnt acceptable, hit back, do something just dont stand there being submissive.....
Get Rowe and ACOS back in this team because its insipid without our players flying the flag...

Kade Simpson can hold his head up.....contests and gives it back...

Weets needs a rest. Give Crocker a clip, take 2 weeks off courtesy of the tribunal, and try to start the process of getting yourself sorted.

Reply #68
I have been a pioneer for pointing out how bad our list is and trying to temper people expectations as a result. So believe me i understand.

That being said, doesn't excuse the poor performances by the Bolton and co at the selection table.

Sure, we'll struggle to get a win, but you don't have to make sure of it.

This has zero to do with selection.    We just don't have the cattle.

Reply #69
Our players are uptight and confused I'm afraid. Running around in circles - headless chooks - disillusioned. Embarrassing. I've just about had my fill I'm afraid - we are seeing zero progress. Just glad I didn't go along.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
Drop Weitering and Jones.
Bring in Rowe and A. Silvagni.

Problem solved.

ASOS has another week or two with a hammy but he's ideal to bring in. Still, we have to scrubb up on that on-field attitude though or it will barely matter.

Reply #71
Green shoots shrunk shriveled and died

Reply #72
Gee Kennedy looks slow.   Hopefully it's just more game time.

Reply #73
Gee Kennedy looks slow.   Hopefully it's just more game time.
It’s beyond slow and you can add Weitering - Lance Whitnall speed, without the awareness. Simply embarrassing

Reply #74
This has zero to do with selection.    We just don't have the cattle.

We don't have the cattle, sure. But when you are picking a side there is a relatively simple structure you try to adhere too.

1 (or 2) rucks
a couple of key backs
a couple of key forwards
generous amount of mids
a sprinkling of little blokes up forward and an equivalent down back.

Last week we had...
0 (or 1/2 a ruck in casboult)
4+ key backs
1 key forward
generous amount of mids
sprinkling of little blokes up forward and a simpson and imposters down back

Sure, you can adjust this (and SHOULD) to suit your opposition. This week is better, but still not very well balanced.

Given your penchant of pointing out our (lack of) depth in the midfield, surely we should include an extra one or 2 and cut out a superfluous key back? But NO, not us.