Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 13: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 23512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 13: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #15
Really we played terrible for about half the game in total.

Positive is we kept fighting and scored heavily when on top.

Simpson I think has upped his game in the last fortnight. If he keeps that up you would want him to play on.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
I'm glad I got to experience the unbridled pleasure that comes from watching our players express themselves and play to their strengths, but for me at least, it doesn't look any different from any other honourable loss we've had this season.

Good effort by all. So what's the update - 5 from 44 ?

5 from 45!

Did kick 100. Looks better than the $hit we were playing before even in fits and starts. Take a while to get of the recent $hit we put up with for years, and get used to a new plan. At least we can score.

Reply #17
Lods I think we may have a little issue on the server - the tab in my browser is showing the buffering icon and has been on and off all day. No probs on any other site.

We'll see how we go.
Hopefully we can stay functioning tonight but we might need Spanner to have a look.

Reply #18
I'm glad I got to experience the unbridled pleasure that comes from watching our players express themselves and play to their strengths, but for me at least, it doesn't look any different from any other honourable loss we've had this season.

Good effort by all. So what's the update - 5 from 44 ?

We had another reset.

1 from 2
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
1st time in forever we've kicked 100 and lost.

You obviously see a glass half full with our club. This is the last game we will win this season. So let’s just hand over pick one to the Crows in the draft.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #20
A lot to like tonight.
Shut the media up from the usual "Carlton are terrible, shouldn't be on tv...."
MK gets free for a high tackle earlier in that last play, and we could have snatched it.
Charlie clearly BOG
Daisy kicks a beauty on his 250th.

To be fair I would probably give BOG to Dunkley.....41 possies, 10 tackles and had Cripps for most of the night at stoppages, thats probably the game with Cripps
only getting 22 possies..

Reply #21
In reality, we only led for about 10% of the game.

We only put in for about 50% of the game.

If we can improve our effort, we're back to where we were early on this year....able to mix it with the best.

We just cannot afford to let our effort lapse....regardless of who our coach is.

Reply #22
Meanwhile, Finch is some chance of a double hundred.

EDIT: Wish i hadn't said that. Have to be satisfied with 153.

Reply #23
5 from 45!

Did kick 100. Looks better than the $hit we were playing before even in fits and starts. Take a while to get of the recent $hit we put up with for years, and get used to a new plan. At least we can score.

Ah yes - nice deflection.

Reply #25
We had another reset.

1 from 2

Oh I see. I'll have to brush up on the new maths.

According to Teague, there hasn't been any real changes, just some tinkering.

Reply #26
Ah yes - nice deflection.

It's much better with a more attacking plan but it wil take time because of the $hit from the other bloke. What is it, a win against a side in the top 5 and a narrow lose and managing 100.

Reply #27
You obviously see a glass half full with our club. This is the last game we will win this season. So let’s just hand over pick one to the Crows in the draft.
Um, we didn’t win this game.
There’s still hope, after the bye it’s freo, Melbourne, Swans and Suns.
Play like we did in the third and the last 8 minutes for a full game and we’ll will 2 of those.
But bring the first quarter performance against freo and we’ll have a repeat of last year.
Then we’ve got the chance to stick it to Adelaide.

Reply #28
Terrible, terrible lapse after we kicked our last goal.

With 6-6-6 if you need one more goal you CANNOT let the other team bottle it up. Keep it alive at all costs. A second ball up spells death and that’s exactly what happened.

Having said that, we didn’t deserve to win. Never seen Krooz so comprehensively thrashed.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #29
Terrible, terrible lapse after we kicked our last goal.

With 6-6-6 if you need one more goal you CANNOT let the other team bottle it up. Keep it alive at all costs. A second ball up spells death and that’s exactly what happened.

Having said that, we didn’t deserve to win. Never seen Krooz so comprehensively thrashed.

Thought Kreuzer did ok in the hitouts and was one of our best...English hurt us up forward with two goals and is a good colt but MK was
good IMO.