Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham (Read 43501 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

Reply #75
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-05-03/vfl-blues-hold-on-in-thriller

Sounds like it was very determined and gritty performance by the NBs which is great to read. A ray of hope in an otherwise dark week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
Even the club website is pumping up VFL results, really?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
Even the club website is pumping up VFL results, really?

Ray gone, clouds back!  :(  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #78
I think you misunderstood something.

St Kilda in particular would have weaker reserves.

Geelong or box hill on the other hand have strong teams, always have and bar something extraordinary occurring always will.  Ditto Port Melbourne.

Footscray won the VFL last year and their team was bottom 4. I think it all comes down to the stage of development your list is in. Sandringham will be better before Norther Blues are because they'll have a lot of talented kids coming through that St Kilda have recruited by stocking up on high draft picks. We'll have nothing because our recruitment is the new laughing stock of the AFL.

Reply #79
In fact, Sandringham is a highly rated team and it was quite an upset for the NBs to come away with a win. 

As you say, anyone who had a crack in the VFL should be considered for to play against Brisbane.

Sure, if you wish, but last year they finished 9th, and currently they are sitting 12th (although its only 3 weeks in).

We narrowly won, and the AFL team are currently filled with most of their AFL listed talent.

Lets not get too excited.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
@EB

I am very excited about Walsh. Hard at it leader in the Nathan Jones mould. Couldn't build a side around him but someone who will put in week in week out.

Reckon Tom Fields is a good player as well.

Yep Walsh is a real footballer....Cripps, Walsh are future leaders..
I dont mind Fields either, he is a 3rd tall defender in reality but being forced to play on KP players and will get goals kicked on him
but he uses the ball well and I think having it hard every week will make him a decent player...
Gowers isnt bad value either as a onballer.....
The Rookie list might be a saviour.....

Reply #81
Yep Walsh is a real footballer....Cripps, Walsh are future leaders..
I dont mind Fields either, he is a 3rd tall defender in reality but being forced to play on KP players and will get goals kicked on him
but he uses the ball well and I think having it hard every week will make him a decent player...
Gowers isnt bad value either as a onballer.....
The Rookie list might be a saviour.....

...again! (please don't use the 'S' word  ;))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #82
Excuse me for sounding a bit vague carrots... "Cracking preseason" how many goals does that equate to ?
I mean, just so I know for future reference.

Have an opinion bu all means... But spare us the fabrication to support your agenda.

I thought that was the job of the KP forwards to kick the goals, not the ruckman. We expect one of our ruckman to kick 2-3 a game. If they did that they'd be elite. This is the part many are not getting. He is doing a good job in the ruck, where he is selected.

Reply #83
I thought that was the job of the KP forwards to kick the goals, not the ruckman. We expect one of our ruckman to kick 2-3 a game. If they did that they'd be elite. This is the part many are not getting. He is doing a good job in the ruck, where he is selected.

Casboult is selected as a fwd/ruck and the team and coaches expect him to score as such.
You are correct that he is not expected to score 3-4+, 1 is good, 2 is great. I agree, his ruck work is ok.

My issue is with the claim of his "cracking preseason" I am still awaiting the information on exactly how many goals he kicked in his preseason...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #84
My issue is with the claim of his "cracking preseason" I am still awaiting the information on exactly how many goals he kicked in his preseason...

It's all about numbers, time trials, weights, testing, aerobic capacity, recovery, etc., etc., Nothing to do with football!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #85
Casboult is selected as a fwd/ruck and the team and coaches expect him to score as such.
You are correct that he is not expected to score 3-4+, 1 is good, 2 is great. I agree, his ruck work is ok.

His main job is to ruck, that job he has been doing well. One's doesn't drop him for not hitting the scoreboard if that's his job and doing it ok. Solution, play Warnock...lol!

Reply #86
His main job is to ruck, that job he has been doing well. One's doesn't drop him for not hitting the scoreboard if that's his job and doing it ok. Solution, play Warnock...lol!

I disagree, his main job is as a fwd, his secondary job is to relieve in the ruck.

Again, carrots claimed that he had "a cracking preseason" I asked how many goals he kicked in his "cracking preseason" seeing as the coach said that he wasn't picked originally because he wasn't contributing on the scoreboard... So it would seem that the coaches expect him to score...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #87
I disagree, his main job is as a fwd, his secondary job is to relieve in the ruck.

Again, carrots claimed that he had "a cracking preseason" I asked how many goals he kicked in his "cracking preseason" seeing as the coach said that he wasn't picked originally because he wasn't contributing on the scoreboard... So it would seem that the coaches expect him to score...

Rucked all day on the weekend.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #88
I thought I read that he and Watson shared ruck duties ?
Besides I was referring to his role in the seniors.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #89
NB is right. MM said that Meat hadn't been selected in the early games as his pre season game form was low. Before that he was talked up as one of our 3 tall forwards - forward emphasis. Though, personally, he does look better as a ruckman which I believe is where he played most of his junior footy. But Kreuz, Wood and even 206 would be in front of Meat as a 1st ruck. The bloke is in no-man's land and is playing like it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17