Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 59223 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #45
Brownless did say that he accepted that his lifestyle was the cause of the marriage failing.

I understand that the two women were BFFs.  If so, and if the alleged liaison did take place, one would have to question the moral values of those involved  ???

How long after a marriage breakup before open season is declared?  :P

Long way from Canterbury to Geelong.....maybe Billy has taken a bullet for the wife saying it was his fault.....I find it hard to believe that there wasnt something going on before the split
and did Mrs B call it quits because she knew GL was going to give her a soft landing.

Moral values???....Carey, Nixon, Rugby players and Dogs...mate given up hope on todays society observing too many moral standards or boundaries...

Reply #46
The circumstances being discussed are not exactly a rarity in society and have been going on since marriage was invented!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
Lyon married Melissa Snow, originally from Inverloch, in 1993, and who is the mother of their three boys.

They split in 2006 but reports of reconciliations apparently failed.

He's been a free agent for a while!!!  And starts sniffing around his best mates wife (or maybe ex).  Not the done thing if she's still married or not.  It's obviously been well within with 6 months.  

Reply #48
Going for a mate's ex-wife... nailed on guaranteed way to end a friendship. Lyon does present himself as holier than thou.

Total tip rat obviously.

Reply #49
The circumstances being discussed are not exactly a rarity in society and have been going on since marriage was invented!
I played mixed tennis against a team composed of 2 married couples.  I heard that both couples subsequently split up and they swapped partners!

Reply #50
I played mixed tennis against a team composed of 2 married couples.  I heard that both couples subsequently split up and they swapped partners!

Perhaps a little swinging may have played it's part! ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
I'm so cynical about that show that it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing has been blown out to increase ratings. Not like they haven't done it before.

Reply #52
Don't crap where you eat.

Reply #54
There's never a good/appropriate time to Fk your best mates ex wife.
Especially when the ex wife called it off and the husband didnt see it coming and was affected.

Lone wolf?
more like hyena or jackal
Now hides behind MH/depression. Feel sorry for Billy and his kids

Reply #55

New balls please?

Reply #56

Swap ends?  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57
I'm so cynical about that show that it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing has been blown out to increase ratings. Not like they haven't done it before.

You'd be well justified to consider that as a viable option!

But given the past behaviour of some of the actors in this sorry saga most of the discussed options seem infinitely viable.

Knowing the psychopaths that operate at the high levels of the media I would not be surprised to find that the alleged "Dirty details are true" and that "Ch.9 opportunistically leveraged the pending media storm!"

Quote from: The Hun
Friends said while Lyon had been struggling with bouts of depression for a ``long time’’, it had not prompted his relationship with Nicky Brownless.

“They are not blaming his mental illness for anything,” one said.

“The depression has spiralled out of control during this saga — since he’s been caught out.”

But Lyon’s wife Melissa, who was said to have had an amicable separation from the Footy Show star about 18 months ago, was understood to be among those rallying around yesterday.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Is TFS still going? Isn't exactly a MENSA meeting.

This is the most shocking part of this. The footy show is still going... Who knew??
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #59
This is the most shocking part of this. The footy show is still going... Who knew??

They need to get someone like Bolton in to do a reset  ;)

Seriously, this is a perfect opportunity for 9 to shamelessly copy the Marngrook Footy Show and put together a shorter, tighter production that focuses on footy, doesn't rely on schoolboy humour and pranks and perhaps features a couple of numbers from Aussie musicians.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball