Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #61
At least we have this....

No more Garry on the stretcher gags.
No more Hairy Garry gags
No more making fun of Billy's junk size gags
No more grumpy Garry bullcrape
No more Brayshaw as the second fiddle "oh no" over the top reactions

Well, add in old fossil rants and gags and that was the heart and soul of the show when I last had the misfortune to watch it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Newman is so irrelevant nowadays it's just not funny but you always get the ignorant pissheads in the crowd egging him on.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63
Before the Game with Andy Maher, Hughesy and Mick Molloy was the best footy show imo and they gave it the ar$e. Loved watching that on a Saturday then they moved it to a Thursday? and it flopped. Sam Lane was good too.
Hairy Garry's philandering in previous decades has been the footy worlds worst kept secret, so i'm not surprised at all to hear this. Feel for the families involved.

Bring back Before the Game!

Reply #64
Before the Game with Andy Maher, Hughesy and Mick Molloy was the best footy show imo and they gave it the ar$e. Loved watching that on a Saturday then they moved it to a Thursday? and it flopped. Sam Lane was good too.
Hairy Garry's philandering in previous decades has been the footy worlds worst kept secret, so i'm not surprised at all to hear this. Feel for the families involved.

Bring back Before the Game!

I agree, but most of the crew has been pirated away by either Ch.7 or Foxtel so it seems there were probably behind the scenes reasons for it's demise. Also at the time the show started Ch.10 was still interested in being part of a Broadcast deal, apparently it's given away those ideas.

Back on the main subject, I am not sure why Newspapers and TV News Services have to report this Lyon/Brownless stuff. They have become the equivalent of The Truth or Women's Weekly, justifying their existence with a ratings spike that will wither and die in a shorter period of time than it took to build the hype! Further it really damages those around the celebrities and often those no celebrities don't deserve it or ask for the attention!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
So basically...
Lyon dips his wick in best mate's missus.
Gets caught
Realizes he's about to lose everything from the respect of his friends and family, to his AFL media gigs.
Downward spiral begins...

There were some rumours floating around that it was Billy's 18 yo daughter and not his ex wife who Lyon was into, but highly doubt that's true.

Reply #66
There were some rumours floating around that it was Billy's 18 yo daughter and not his ex wife who Lyon was into, but highly doubt that's true.

Yes that was the very first rumor, but I gather that is why the families came out and scuppered the rumors so that the children were not dragged into the media mire.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
Yes that was the very first rumor, but I gather that is why the families came out and scuppered the rumors so that the children were not dragged into the media mire.

Cover up?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
Watch Eddie start to manoeuvre for his old job back.

Oh JB is trying but its a tough gig.
Yeah he's under pressure without Garry there.
It's not easy for one person

Reply #70
JB not really capable of carrying that show on his own... and the incident is going to take a fair chunk out of the general vibe.

They might as well pull it and do a complete restructure.

I actually watch TFS every week and still enjoy it (generally)... it is what it is.

Reply #71
are we going to see some one dressed as gary and billy doing a comedy act on the footy show as they have done over the last 20 yrs .How much have they danced on other peoples mistakes.

Reply #72
JB not really capable of carrying that show on his own... and the incident is going to take a fair chunk out of the general vibe.

They might as well pull it and do a complete restructure.

I actually watch TFS every week and still enjoy it (generally)... it is what it is.
Must be only me and you Bear ;) Its kind of ritual for me more than anything, abit like Friday nite footy, doesnt matter whos playing, Ill watch, even if its Carlton.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #73
are we going to see some one dressed as gary and billy doing a comedy act on the footy show as they have done over the last 20 yrs .How much have they danced on other peoples mistakes.

I'd tune in after 15 years of not watching just to see that

Reply #74
Must be only me and you Bear ;) Its kind of ritual for me more than anything, abit like Friday nite footy, doesnt matter whos playing, Ill watch, even if its Carlton.

Me too brother, never miss it. Yeah they are mostly wankers but fork me they come up with some funny sht. ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!