Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game -Port v Blues R2 (Sat, March 30, 5.10pm) (Read 23208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game -Port v Blues R2 (Sat, March 30, 5.10pm)

Reply #135
Forget about how many touches he gets, Ed had 25 touches last week and did nothing with them apart from stuff them up.

Watch how many times he hurries the kicker, or takes them down altogether.
Watch how many times that hurried kicker end up kicking a ball that is intercepted by us.

Its the pressure he creates, both real and perceived that benefits the side, not his possessions.

What form has Polson showed to be back in this week??
I prefer a small forward who actually has some decent skill level, can kick goals, crumb the ball and its all real rather than perceived...
He is very lucky that Bolton has adopted him as his teachers pet because he would be the only player in the comp getting a game based on a resume
of providing perceived pressure.....

Reply #136
do we know what the issue is?
Collision at training on Tues, bruised kidney, out for 3 wks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
Oh Good grief ... is that the best we can come up with?

Reply #139
Forget about how many touches he gets, Ed had 25 touches last week and did nothing with them apart from stuff them up.

Watch how many times he hurries the kicker, or takes them down altogether.
Watch how many times that hurried kicker end up kicking a ball that is intercepted by us.

Its the pressure he creates, both real and perceived that benefits the side, not his possessions.

Yep he applies pressure but do you also notice the amount of times he applies the pressure to his own teammates by butchering the ball when he rarely get it in his hands.

I want to climb the ladder, I’m sick of waiting in this rebuild we need to make a move this year and a player of the quality of Polson getting a game makes me really question how far off the pace we are....if he is all we have on the list to ‘apply pressure’ we are well and truly stuffed.

Reply #140
What he said.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #141
What they said.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #142
Bad luck for Cuningham, particularly as he had carried his solid JLT form into Round 1.

Polson is a good in as we dearly lacked defensive pressure in our half of the ground.  Perhaps Polson’s inclusion will enable Gibbons to be used in his more familiar midfield role.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #143
Last couple of games versus snort in Adelaide have been pumpings.  I expect us to be better than that.  I don't expect to win,  but losing by three figures ain't on.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #144
What they said.

I'm having deja vu here.

Seems to me that this is daisy v2.0.

Every man and his dog was saying similar about him.
Teachers pet
Can't kick
Pressure is good but output isn't
Turns the ball over too much
No form worthy of being picked.
Effort means nothing without results
Etc

Daisy managed to turn you all around and get a deserved contract extension... Maybe polson will too. Hopefully it won't take everyone 5 years to wake up to it this time around.

Reply #145
I'm having deja vu here.

Teachers pet
Can't kick
Etc

Daisy managed to turn you all around and get a deserved contract extension... Maybe polson will too. Hopefully it won't take everyone 5 years to wake up to it this time around.

A very long bow Kruddler ???? but I agree that the criticism of Polson is unfounded.  He should have played last week and that would have curtailed a lot of Richmond’s run out of their backline.  I think our MC was just a tad over committed to an attacking 22 when a dash of defensive pressure could have decisive.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #146
I'm having deja vu here.

Teachers pet
Can't kick
Etc

Take your point but I think Daisy's main problem was being unfit when he arrived and for a while after and thats why many including myself were not in his fan group......obviously when his fitness improved so did his kicking, turn overs etc.
This the reverse of Polson who is fit but lacks skill, nous and is living off pressure applied to defenders(real and/or perceived)...its also a reflection of where we are at with a few other players...Garlett, LeBois, OBrien, and the injured Lang. If I was Lachie Obrien I would be very embarrassed that Polson was getting a game ahead of me given his lack of finesse/skill and its all because Pick 10 Obrien isnt perceived as an effort player IMO....

Reply #147
If Polson's only getting a game because he's 'Bolton's Pet' then we need a new coach.
Surely there's more to it.