Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 424487 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3316
Our leaders from both sides get booed at events.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3317
Our leaders from both sides get booed at events.

As it should be. ;)

A UFC crowd is hardly representative of the general population.
He'd get the same reception at an NRA convention.

At a more general event like a football game he'd still get a few cheers but lots of boos as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieakuMCy9ew

Reply #3318
As it should be. ;)

All of our political party leaders - Albo, Dutton, Littleproud, Bandt, Hanson, Palmer, etc - would be booed, but the Governor-General wouldn't be ... well maybe just a little bit.

The cult of POTUS is very strong in the US and any former POTUS would be welcomed generously at most events.  It's the office they once held that is respected, but not necessarily the person.  The same is not the case for present and former House of Representatives and Senate majority leaders.  Of course, if a former POTUS says something unpopular or inappropriate, they will be booed, as happened at the Libertarian convention.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3320
The cult of POTUS is very strong in the US and any former POTUS would be welcomed generously at most events.  It's the office they once held that is respected, but not necessarily the person.  The same is not the case for present and former House of Representatives and Senate majority leaders.  Of course, if a former POTUS says something unpopular or inappropriate, they will be booed, as happened at the Libertarian convention.

It was definitely the case in the past but...
I think those days are gone.
Disappeared in the last 10 years.
Neither side fully accepted the legitimacy of Trump or Biden.
"Not my President", "Stolen election", "Russian interference"..... all diminished the respect Americans had for respective sides of politics.

Reply #3321

It was definitely the case in the past but...
I think those days are gone.
Disappeared in the last 10 years.
Neither side fully accepted the legitimacy of Trump or Biden.
"Not my President", "Stolen election", "Russian interference"..... all diminished the respect Americans had for respective sides of politics.

I'm not so sure about that.  Biden and the other bloke may be on the nose but so have many presidents before them.  It has been the case for generations that US "voters want strong presidents who know how to lead and how to make their will prevail" and that seldom realised ideal underpins their respect for the office.  Judge Merchan said that he was reluctant to gaol Aurangzeb for contempt of court because he was a former POTUS and could be so again.  That's not respect for the individual but respect for the office that individual once held. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball