Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 18424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #30
Charlie and Marchbank back this week.

2 rucks has always had the dual impact of losing one runner which hamstrings the team and Kreuzer's form immediately goes right to sh$t.

Phillips has to be dropped - as much as I like him. Great to have strong backup options though.

O'Shea has to go. Graham will probably be dropped and Sammo looks like he needs a rest.

Kennedy looks tentative to me. Not 100% confident in his body.

Reply #31
Some rumors floating around the media this morning that Murphy might be surprise early return this week.

PS; Well, well, later that day who'd have think it! http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-08/trio-pushing-for-return
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Charlie and Marchbank back this week.

2 rucks has always had the dual impact of losing one runner which hamstrings the team and Kreuzer's form immediately goes right to sh$t.

Phillips has to be dropped - as much as I like him. Great to have strong backup options though.

O'Shea has to go. Graham will probably be dropped and Sammo looks like he needs a rest.

Kennedy looks tentative to me. Not 100% confident in his body.

Wonder if Rowe or Jones will go forward to take the 2nd ruck role. Jones did that so well in the VFL last year before his promotion. Either would have the effect of shrinking our defence. Jones would be better has he and Weitering play similarly. Like you said, 2 rucks hamstrings us and means we pick one less runner for no reason. Kreuzer plays alot better with the continuity on the ball as does Casboult when he gets a run on the ball.

I'm wondering about Kennedy's fitness. just 69% game time last week.

Reply #33
Word I have is Daniher is out.

Probably a bad thing for us because nobody has wasted more footy and burnt more team-mates recently than Daniher!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Word I have is Daniher is out.

Probably a bad thing for us because nobody has wasted more footy and burnt more team-mates recently than Daniher!

Onset of osteitis pubis. 4 weeks out.

Reply #35

Some back room rumors suggest it's closer to Pisum Cordis!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36

It's a crap of an injury... and hard to get over. 
Made even crappier by the fact that it will now be the "injury ravaged Dons" >:(

Reply #37
It's a crap of an injury... and hard to get over. 
Made even crappier by the fact that it will now be the "injury ravaged Dons" >:(
Kruze heading down the same track I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Some rumors floating around the media this morning that Murphy might be surprise early return this week.

PS; Well, well, later that day who'd have think it! http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-08/trio-pushing-for-return

Don't be shy L.P. admit it. You're waaay ahead of the pack ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #39
Don't be shy L.P. admit it. You're waaay ahead of the pack ;)

Nothing to do with me, in this case it's the media who are the ones deserving the credit, they knew about this well before it was publicly announced!

Personally, I'd doubt he gets up from Planta Fasciitis in just three weeks, so it will be a surprise!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
No way can we play Rowe, Jones and Weiters (let alone Marchbank) in the back line at the same time....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41
No way can we play Rowe, Jones and Weiters (let alone Marchbank) in the back line at the same time....

Won't be surprised to see it happening, structurally Weitering is far superior to Jones, Weitering besides Rowe can be a formidable defense. Jones in the wrong mode degrades what Rowe and Weitering offer.

But on form, not sure who gets omitted if Weitering and Marchbank both come into the defence.

Given our current list injury situation, I can genuinely see Jones getting Levi's role, but who then is the forward zone leader?

I'm not sure we are using Marchbank correctly, he's like a giant version of Simmo at the moment.

A mate suggested if fit Plowman could be a F50 target, apparently he's played this role before and done OK, I can't recall seeing it so it must have been along long ago!

No matter what, it looks like our F50 is the problem, so I won't be surprised to find SoJ or Kerr coming in as well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Team selection will be very interesting this week.

Do they pick a team based on good structure or good form?
With Casboult out, Kerr seems like a good replacement, even if not quite AFL ready at this stage.
Several players either coming back from injury or battling niggles. Ideally, most should be rested, but our lack of depth in some areas puts the pressure on.

Everything is amplified with facing the scum at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon.

Reply #43
Everything is amplified with facing the scum at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon.

I won't be there, first game against CheatsFC I have missed for quite a while, we are sure to win! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
Team selection will be very interesting this week.

Do they pick a team based on good structure or good form?
With Casboult out, Kerr seems like a good replacement, even if not quite AFL ready at this stage.
Several players either coming back from injury or battling niggles. Ideally, most should be rested, but our lack of depth in some areas puts the pressure on.

This is one we NEED to win - pick a team focused solely on doing that.  >:D
Trains are back and I will be there!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.