Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting) (Read 69910 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Reply #225
Thought Watson was Excellent.. He looks full of confidence..
I told you all 2 years ago Ellard will be a player.. Just needed a good run with injuries..
Cripps looks a gooden.
Yarrans role on Dangerfield was very good..
Kreuzer just looked out of touch.. Lets hope it comes by round 1.
Buckley is exciting.. Just needs to make a few more smarter decisions..

Reply #226
Watson looks as solid as hell now. He always looked a little soft to me but I reckon he might have a future .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #227
Watson looks as solid as hell now. He always looked a little soft to me but I reckon he might have a future .

Agree but I still hold reservations over his ability to hold down quick leading forwards.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #228
There are some big trucks as KPD who are not that quick. We have Jamison who is quicker. Its about smarts, angles, reading the play, etc for Watson. Using his offensive weapons and becoming attacking as well as negating as best as possible in general play and at 1-on-1's.

His body shape is much different this year, he has more muscle definition, looks stronger and is notably in better shape all round.  Gives him the best possible chance to succeed that way!

Reply #229
Yarrans role on Dangerfield was very good

(from someone who hasn't seen the game) I am surprised more hasn't been said about this.... he shut out DaNGERFIELld for three quarters until he went off. The D man was only a factor after Mick had putters the shutters down in the 4th?..... unlike what the carp in the press says?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #230
Watson should be much more confident now than he was at the end of last season.  I imagine that towards the end of last season, he must have been sweating on whether the recruiters would manage to find a big defender who would put him out of the seniors.  That didn't happen, and he pretty much has a spot in the side if he does okay.  The flip side of that is that if he can't hold a place in the side this year, he'll feel the noose tighten. 

Reply #231

(from someone who hasn't seen the game) I am surprised more hasn't been said about this.... he shut out DaNGERFIELld for three quarters until he went off. The D man was only a factor after Mick had putters the shutters down in the 4th?..... unlike what the carp in the press says?

I tend to think that Dangerfield was being a bit 'lazy' sitting up in the forward line and only went into overdrive when he went into the middle in the last quarter.  Not sure Yazz  would have kept up with him in the final quarter in the square......but you can only do the job you're asked to do!!

Reply #232

Yarran was consistently shutting down his opponent when playing down back under Ratts and no one gave him credit back then either. Rarely beaten one one with perhaps his one weakness being overhead. Despite what others say, he is a very strong tackler, technically sound and importantly times his tackles very well.

Good to see the stubborn one has swallowed his pride and been playing Yarran down back so far this year. Let's hope it continues.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #233

Yarran was consistently shutting down his opponent when playing down back under Ratts and no one gave him credit back then either. Rarely beaten one one with perhaps his one weakness being overhead. Despite what others say, he is a very strong tackler, technically sound and importantly times his tackles very well.

Good to see the stubborn one has swallowed his pride and been playing Yarran down back so far this year. Let's hope it continues.

Interesting to note the Davey Ellard has played primarily as a small forward. I think they will go with garlett and Menzel as the small options and Ellard (who opportunities will be limited in the midfield now) as the back up. Which I think he has done well in the per season games. Can kick a goal can Davey.

Putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5, I believe we'll see Yarran down back.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #234
Ellard has looked very dangerous up forward and has been nailing his set shots which is a big plus.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #235
Ellard has looked very dangerous up forward and has been nailing his set shots which is a big plus.

He was always good at popping up for a goal or two. Don't mind him and Murphy rotating between mid & forward.

Reply #236

I came out of the game finding Yarran frustrating as he still seems stuck in 3rd gear most of the time. He berates teammates, only other person i noticed doing that was Robbo. He didn't really influence the game.

Alternatively, i came out of the game wanting to put money on Dangerfield for the brownlow. Does whats required when it is needed....and nobody can stop him when he is on.

Each to their own i guess.

For the record, i am a huge Yarran fan from before he was even drafted, so if i do have any bias, it is the complete opposite to what i've just stated.

Reply #237

I came out of the game finding Yarran frustrating as he still seems stuck in 3rd gear most of the time.

Everyone's in third gear, if you want to see just how much it means to them watch the lack of emotion when a goal is scored. They're just training nothing more.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #238

I came out of the game finding Yarran frustrating as he still seems stuck in 3rd gear most of the time.

Everyone's in third gear, if you want to see just how much it means to them watch the lack of emotion when a goal is scored. They're just training nothing more.

OK well if everyone was in 3rd gear, then Yazz was in 2nd.

Reply #239
Yeah and he still did very well so there you have it, promising signs. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!