Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Read 69964 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

Reply #165
The one thing that concerns me is that West Coast seem to have lots of running types in defense.  They appear to have formulated a plan to try and expose our lack of forward pressure.   This could be interesting.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #166
The one thing that concerns me is that West Coast seem to have lots of running types in defense.  They appear to have formulated a plan to try and expose our lack of forward pressure.   This could be interesting.

They just came up with it this week?

Reply #167
They just came up with it this week?
Probably more a case of that they don't have any tall defenders left, so they are trying to make a positive out of what they have.
Having seen us turn the ball over so many times and get caught on the rebound probably makes them feel positive about their defensive structure. They play against Sydney or Hawthorn and it will lead to carnage, but against us, they probably feel they have their best structure.
Recall if you will the NAB Cup game a few weeks back: they pounded us with their ruck dominance and midfield run. They probably want to try it again, seeing our weakness against the turnover.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #168
. . . Even Judd let McIntosh cruise past him for a goal at one stage, and put no effort into stopping him. Even the commentators noticed this and made a comment . . .

If you're referring to the incident where McIntosh 'won' a one on one contest then ran off Judd, have a look at it again.  Judd was leading to the ball when McIntosh grabbed his arm and pulled him off balance.  Judd was effectively out of the contest.

If Judd was still in Wet Toast colours, he would have got a free kick.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #169
If you're referring to the incident where McIntosh 'won' a one on one contest then ran off Judd, have a look at it again.  Judd was leading to the ball when McIntosh grabbed his arm and pulled him off balance.  Judd was effectively out of the contest.

If Judd was still in Wet Toast colours, he would have got a free kick.

Yes it was bullcrap, furthermore the umpire was in perfect position to see the whole thing yet did nothing! Ablett Jnr would be bitching like a cut snake in the same circumstances, and then he'd get a pocketful of frees for the rest of the game!

Judd just shakes his head and gets on with it.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170

But their skills are as bad as ours.

Its a bit wet here in Perth, This game could be a 4 goal draw.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #171

Are you or any of the other WA members going to the game ?

Reply #172
Are you or any of the other WA members going to the game ?

Not me.

Missed the ticket sale and didn't feel like paying through the nose for me and the kids.

The Blues got my membership money so I figure that's enough.

Hoping to go to Melb this year and catch a couple of games anyway and the $300-400 bucks it cost me to go to subi is better spent in Melb.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #173
Hoping to go to Melb this year and catch a couple of games anyway and the $300-400 bucks it cost me to go to subi is better spent in Melb.

Frig! Why the high cost?

Reply #174
Frig! Why the high cost?

Tickets by viagogo, food, parking, a couple of beers for me. One of the kids friends normally come along as well.

Never get out of it for less that $300.

The last time I went I also went through a speed camera on the way home after getting done by the Dockers.

PERFECT screwING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #175

I'll be there.... Nice and dry in the Channel 7 box :-)..at least I have free beer to drown my sorrows.

Hope to get a real good look at how we set up.

#united #reset

Reply #176
I'll be there.... Nice and dry in the Channel 7 box :-)..at least I have free beer to drown my sorrows.

I didn't know you were an EFC sympathizer! :o :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #177

I look forward to your report (the pre booze report anyway).

Reply #178
I look forward to your report (the pre booze report anyway).

We looked really good for the first 45 minutes, skipping away to a 24 point lead early in the second. The Midfield were on top early, and defensive pressure was good. However Carrazzo took a knock early and had to go off and Smith came on as Sub early again. We missed some really easy shots on goal. Should of been more up. Levi was a good presecene but 0 goals 2 and 1 out on the full is not good enough.

Priddis started to win the hitout advantages and racked them up, the umpires got involved and the eagles kicked 4 in a row to take a small lead into half time. Liam Duggan on Debut finished with 25 possessions and 2 goals.

They kicked the first 2 in the third, and our plans were thrown out, our mids started to not chase, and our Defence was all over the place, missing targets and giving to much easy ball from the midfield. Murphy and Gibbs started trying to get easy kicks and Judd was manhandled at every contest. When we won the ball we chipped it around slowly, trying to pierce the zone, but our skills were not good enough in the wet conditions.

Henderson and Jones gave no forward presence and the ball rebounded easily from our front half, where they cut us up through the middle.

White and Rowe kicked some late goals, but we ran out of puff to lose by 23 points.

Malthouse told the media the Eagles are a very good football side and we need to stick to our structures better, and he is not concerned about his job.

Blokes fly home that night and get on Twitter and Instagram to say they will try harder next week.

There's my report, I can just sit back an drink now?

#united #reset

Reply #179

Would be very interested in your thoughts after the game!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!