Skip to main content
Topic: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy (Read 29711 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy

Reply #60
To me that was someone seeing that KJ isn't a hard trainer and sent Craig over to him to test him.

I thought this might be a bit more cringe worthy than it was, although I wonder how much of this is put on for the camera, the question to Jammo and the expect it answer had extra shots of Jammo and DVR cut into the footage.

When Weitering gather the boys around and told them to be ready for anything, was fantastic leadership stuff, but again was it organised for the camera?

There's no doubt that there were marshmallows and fairy floss flying left right and center.
KJ was being gently blowtorched, and CC may not be the brightest spark, but it gave off a positive glow...
The one in all in bit was heart warming to anyone who was at the scum game at Princess Park a couple of weeks ago...
It buys time, it's better than we've delivered in the past, we are a work in progress.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #61
Finally found a bit of time to watch it. Terrific stuff, really enjoyed it and it confirms to me anyway that we are on the right track even if we have a long journey ahead. Very interesting interaction between KJ and Craig for sure. Craig has obviously been directed to focus on him. Looking forward to some more episodes.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
There's no doubt that there were marshmallows and fairy floss flying left right and center.
KJ was being gently blowtorched, and CC may not be the brightest spark, but it gave off a positive glow...
The one in all in bit was heart warming to anyone who was at the scum game at Princess Park a couple of weeks ago...
It buys time, it's better than we've delivered in the past, we are a work in progress.
Bolton said something very interesting at the very start "The players love comfortable - we have to keep them uncomfortable, not stressed or anxious, just uncomfortable"

Under Malthouse = Stressed, anxious and disconnected
Under Bolton = Uncomfortable, connected and tuned in

Let's hope so
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #63
Craig has obviously been directed to focus on him.

Classic classroom teacher practice. Get your support teacher to just wander around the room taking in interest in everything that's going on, but make sure they are focusing on Billy, Amanda and Ahmad!!

Reply #64

Who looks after Carlton........   CARLTON!

LOVE IT!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #65
Any issues with SOS getting on the piss the night before the draft? :p

Seriously though I think we have the right people in charge. I feel like we've been a better club since BB stepped foot in the door. Exciting journey ahead. :)

Reply #66
Finally found a bit of time to watch it. Terrific stuff, really enjoyed it and it confirms to me anyway that we are on the right track even if we have a long journey ahead. Very interesting interaction between KJ and Craig for sure. Craig has obviously been directed to focus on him. Looking forward to some more episodes.

Seems the club knows that KJ is a serious talent but has issues between the lugholes. Hopefully now KJ also realises he has an attitude problem that is easily rectified if he acknowledges he has a problem and is willing to make strong change to his mindset.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
Seems the club knows that KJ is a serious talent but has issues between the lugholes. Hopefully now KJ also realises he has an attitude problem that is easily rectified if he acknowledges he has a problem and is willing to make strong change to his mindset.

Well I'm hoping your wrong. Generally speaking if you start mentally weak you struggle to ever reach any great levels.

He won't amount too much unless he makes big leaps this year IMO.

Reply #68
Well I'm hoping your wrong. Generally speaking if you start mentally weak you struggle to ever reach any great levels.

He won't amount too much unless he makes big leaps this year IMO.

Yep, you're right, seldom do blokes with issues between the ears get there... my hope is that the issues between KJs ears aren't so great and with the right management, he'll make the very necessary changes in attitude.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #69
Some people are born strong of will others need to learn it.

Better than not learning it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #70
Yeah in the past I would have cringed at this sort of stuff but loved every second of it.

Got the tingles as well and usually only watching Fraser Brown's tackle in the 99 prelim does that to me. 

When Bolts said "defining draft boys" in the tassie camp that really got me going. As he knows from being at Hawthorn every era needs "a" draft where they hit the jackpot. And if the stars align with this group then we are rocketing up the ladder.

Seeing and hearing Bolton and Weitering has filled me with so much belief. Alas when Murph and Simmo got up still got the sense that Murph couldn't command the room and was slightly edgy. Won't be the case when Weitering becomes captain one day.

Reply #71
Yeah in the past I would have cringed at this sort of stuff but loved every second of it.

Got the tingles as well and usually only watching Fraser Brown's tackle in the 99 prelim does that to me. 

When Bolts said "defining draft boys" in the tassie camp that really got me going. As he knows from being at Hawthorn every era needs "a" draft where they hit the jackpot. And if the stars align with this group then we are rocketing up the ladder.

Seeing and hearing Bolton and Weitering has filled me with so much belief. Alas when Murph and Simmo got up still got the sense that Murph couldn't command the room and was slightly edgy. Won't be the case when Weitering becomes captain one day.

Well, i'm not sure how Sticks would have performed up in front of a big group as Captain.....he simply left his talking for the field - and that's fine by me!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #72
Well, i'm not sure how Sticks would have performed up in front of a big group as Captain.....he simply left his talking for the field - and that's fine by me!
Big fellas (as in tall) have the psychological advantage over the smaller captains that everyone looks up to them and they command an audience. Blokes like Brown, Sticks, etc with their booming voices get immediate attention, almost by intimidation.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #73

The critical factor is that Murph and Simmo have the overwhelming support of the players, coaches and board.  That tells me that external doubts about their leadership are unfounded.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74
I live overseas. Loved the first episode. But was that it? Is it a series and if so, could somebody tell me when they are scheduled to be shown?