Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 21373 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #75
Rumor

Cunningham Out
Macreadie In
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Buckley, Silvagni, Boekhurst, Graham on the bench

Cunners out.

Reply #77
In: A.Silvagni, Buckley, Boekhorst, Graham, Byrne

Out: White (knee), Cripps (leg), Cuningham (hip), Sheehan (omitted), Macreadie (omitted)

Reply #78
MacReadie is stiff..didnt think he did much wrong...
Last chance for Boekhorst and Buckley....the former needs to attack the footy better and no handbrake finishes....
Buckley needs to show he can make a tackle stick at senior level and not butcher the ball...
Good luck to Byrne who might allow Docherty some time on the ball..
Need to man up better and make it a tight contest.....dont want the likes of Hunter and MacRae racking up 30 easy possies each because our lazy mids wont
pick them up...
Presume Bontempelli will get someone like Kerridge for company, dont have much else to run with him...that could get ugly for us...the .Bont is due for a big game..

Reply #79
MacReadie is stiff..didnt think he did much wrong...
Last chance for Boekhorst and Buckley....the former needs to attack the footy better and no handbrake finishes....
Buckley needs to show he can make a tackle stick at senior level and not butcher the ball...
Good luck to Byrne who might allow Docherty some time on the ball..
Need to man up better and make it a tight contest.....dont want the likes of Hunter and MacRae racking up 30 easy possies each because our lazy mids wont
pick them up...
Presume Bontempelli will get someone like Kerridge for company, dont have much else to run with him...that could ugly for us...the .Bont is due for a big game..
I thought Boeky's last chance was the last game he played in the 1's TBH. Said it before that he appears to be one of those "too good for VFL not good enough for AFL" type players. 
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
This'll be interesting! Not so good news for the NBs... cupboard will be pretty bare there.

Be really interesting to see how Bucks, Boekhorst and Casey do. Some good speed there, looking at the up side!

I've mentioned it before and will again, wow, Palmer must have really p1ssed off someone at PP, although last week was okay his previous form has been very good. Having Sumner selected in front of him is a  :o moment.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #81
Notwithstanding the far greater issue of depression, on a smaller note it's shame that Tom Boyd won't be playing, because I would have loved to see Liam "Giant Slayer" Jones match up on him.

Good luck Tommy.

Reply #82
With the exception of Byrne they're fairly ordinary ins, it's hard to see us winning.
Armfield must be feeling like a jilted teenager.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #83
With the exception of Byrne they're fairly ordinary ins, it's hard to see us winning.
Armfield must be feeling like a jilted teenager.
Ill say we have a chance only because we have been competitive and "in" most games up to our ear this year. Having said that, Byrne aside, the ins are less than inspiring.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #84
Ill say we have a chance only because we have been competitive and "in" most games up to our ear this year. Having said that, Byrne aside, the ins are less than inspiring.

A Silvagni inspires me.

Reply #85
This'll be interesting! Not so good news for the NBs... cupboard will be pretty bare there.

Be really interesting to see how Bucks, Boekhorst and Casey do. Some good speed there, looking at the up side!

I've mentioned it before and will again, wow, Palmer must have really p1ssed off someone at PP, although last week was okay his previous form has been very good. Having Sumner selected in front of him is a  :o moment.

I reckon you would be more worried getting a token run in the seniors rather than playing in the magoos.

If Palmer has more than a year, then he's obviously not under pressure to perform at this point.

The rest are literally playing for their lives.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #87
Was thinking much the same.

Not sure I would use the word inspire but he does give you a safe feeling when you see him down back...

Reply #88
Not sure I would sue the word inspire but he does give you a safe feeling when you see him down back...

The five minute patch on Buddy where he repeatedly closed him down.

The dogged chase down tackle on the wing against Collingwood.

Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Reply #89
The five minute patch on Buddy where he repeatedly closed him down.

The dogged chase down tackle on the wing against Collingwood.

Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Me too. With Liam the Dragon Slayer in good form down back, I'd be tempted to try Alex in Cripps' role, at least for 1 game. Reckon he'd relish the challenge.