Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80081 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #75
Yarran off half-back was a smart move by Ratten and it worked a treat so why not leave him there too. He was missing for long periods of the match tonight and no team can afford to carry passengers.

Errr, wasn't he on Wingard AKA the invisible man? Did a fantastic defensive job and used it well when he got it.

Have to agree ....Yarran to half back worked and made Yarran accountable as well as giving us run from the backline as well as releasing Gibbs from the quarterback role....its a no brainer he plays his best footy off half back.
Walker played his best footy when sent forward IMO.....50 goals that breakout season.......I'd take 35 goals this season if we play him there.

Reply #76
We are the worst field kicking side in the AFL bar none, it wouldn't matter who coached us because we just don't have the skill.
The endeavour is fine, but we don't have the cattle.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #77
Errr, wasn't he on Wingard AKA the invisible man? Did a fantastic defensive job and used it well when he got it.

He may have but what we didn't get from him was his run and carry off half-back like we were hoping, he did some of it later in the match but it is an area of our game that is lacking overall.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #78
We are the worst field kicking side in the AFL bar none, it wouldn't matter who coached us because we just don't have the skill.

Quite possibly a good deal of truth in that.

bfl, you were quite a prolific poster on the old site. Gone a bit quiet on the new one.

Reply #79
Walker played his best footy when sent forward IMO.....50 goals that breakout season.......I'd take 35 goals this season if we play him there.

I agree, up forward he shows some mongrel which has been lost with Bett's departure.

In the 2s we have Scotland, Armfield, Buckley and Graham. They should be walk up starts in Rnd 2.

Carrazzo and Judd, if Hendo and Watson are injured can we afford to carry blokes with calf problems. All of a sudden including Kreuzer and Scotland we have five or six in this state. Tonight might have ensured this is Judd and Carrazzo's last season without them even stepping on the park!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80

I have been saying that for two years and nobody believed me.

You cannot go season after season smashing teams in the midfield clearances and barely winning half your games unless there is something very, very wrong. Our disposal is the thing that is very, very, wrong.

There are VFL teams superior to our AFL side when it comes to ball use!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
delete

Reply #82
The scariest thing is I'm not even close to pissed off actually in a laughing mood and that's how far back we've gone.

This guy is supposed to be a defensive minded coach apparently? Lol.

Reply #83
we celebrate the past so much - cause that's where we live
the club is managed like it is still there, employs people likes its still there
But doesn't recruit like its still there

I don't see the hawks celebrating the 80's success like we do
we are a indulgent lot - its embarrassing

Reply #84
You see, the thing about Robbo is ... he's an idiot.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #85

The call will be to bring in Graham, Cripps, Buckely etc...all three are promising and have their pros...their common con is that they dont kick the ball in an elite fashion....Cripps is reasonable but Graham lacks depth in his kicking and tends to go short  and Buckley is erratic especially on the run.....add that to Robbo, Bell, Armfield and Curnow and the Mick game plan falls over if Murphy, Gibbs, Yarran  and our better kicking players dont end up with a lot of the footy...
Davey Ellard actually used the ball better than most I thought.....
Heath Scotland can expect a call up as he can use the footy well but thats a short term fix only...

Reply #86
You see, the thing about Robbo is ... he's an idiot.

He's probably not an idiot, he just can't kick. But he is not alone in that area.
What would Kroozer be worth? GWS wouldn't even look at him now.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #87
Saw enough tonight to fairly say we are going downhill.   Malthouse i slowly bleeding the life out of this club.   The whole club needs a reality check.  We are no where near winning a flag with this lot.   11am my arse.

We need an injection of youth.  We can no longer rely on the old brigade to get us over the line. 

Reply #88
When Wingard, Wines, Polec and Impy create so many problems you are definitely in trouble. These guys are the types picked up by GCS and GWS recently. Do these guys need to shave ? Have their nuts dropped yet ? We drafted too many passengers over so many years. I was optimistic before this game and have just lost all hope. Not angry, just expect nothing and will except nothing as a result. its not just recruiting, its not just coaching, its not a game plan, its not a lack of will to win at any cost, its not a poor pre-season. Its everything, and all the above. Its not Geelong, Hawthorn, or other top sides. That is where they have us licked.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #89

I have been saying that for two years and nobody believed me.

You cannot go season after season smashing teams in the midfield clearances and barely cwinning half your games unless there is something very, very wrong. Our disposal is the thing that is very, very, wrong.

There are VFL teams superior to our AFL side when it comes to ball use!

No argument from me. Our kicking has been atrocious for years. Terrible indictment on the recruiting staff that we've ended up with so many players who can't kick - in a game called FOOTball.
Keyboard warrior #24601