Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80099 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #180
We played 0 new Draftees and in fact had 1 from teh apst 3 years playing.. as sub compared to 2 first gamers from the winning side, and last years draftees were BOG.

All sorts of trouble in a few years time. I think we have the least experienced under 23 group in the league and we're the third oldest team going around. All warning signs.

Reply #181
So to me, either the players are cutting corners or the fitness guru is a dud !!

We have already got the "You have to keep them on the ground" line from MM in his last presser. That was a veiled swipe at the rotation cap despite stats saying we only used 86 of 120 rotation.

Next week if we lose and fail to run things out you can expect to get the old "This season is a marathon not a sprint!"

We will be fit at the end, just in time to watch the finals!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #182
Needless to say the game against Richmond is going to decide whether this site internally combusts or if everyone backflips..

A big win against Richmond and last nights game will be seen as an anomoly. However, a loss against the Tigers will result in this site sacking our whole list, coaches, CEO, President, Footy operations manager, Media manager, boot studder, car park attendant, security guards, cheer squad leader and the catering company at visy park.
Cant wait..  ;D

Oh and last time I saw Casboult ruck he went pretty well.. Definitely not a terrible call IMO..

Reply #183
Needless to say the game against Richmond is going to decide whether this site internally combusts or if everyone backflips..

A big win against Richmond and last nights game will be seen as an anomoly. However, a loss against the Tigers will result in this site sacking our whole list, coaches, CEO, President, Footy operations manager, Media manager, boot studder, car park attendant, security guards, cheer squad leader and the catering company at visy park.
Cant wait..  ;D

Oh and last time I saw Casboult ruck he went pretty well.. Definitely not a terrible call IMO..

That's as good a summary of a typical footy forum as you will get.

Disagree about Casboult, but Meh, who the hell knows anyway ?

Reply #184
That's as good a summary of a typical footy forum as you will get.

Disagree about Casboult, but Meh, who the hell knows anyway ?

Maybe Crash can give us a summary of Meats recent ruck work in the practice match against Box Hill?

But as I understand it Wood had 53 hit outs compared to Casboult's 12, against not much opposition.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #185
We were smashed in the clearances twice during the game last night and both times we conceded multiple goals. I wonder who was actually playing on the ball on those occasions, that info could tell a not so pretty story. I'm tipping the MC already know.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #186
We were smashed in the clearances twice during the game last night and both times we conceded multiple goals. I wonder who was actually playing on the ball on those occasions, that info could tell a not so pretty story. I'm tipping the MC already know.
Im tipping you already know the answer to this one too..  ;)

A reporter asked mick about us getting smashed every time Warnock was rested and Kreuzer went into the ruck..

Reply #187
Im tipping you already know the answer to this one too..  ;)

A reporter asked mick about us getting smashed every time Warnock was rested and Kreuzer went into the ruck..

Actually they talked about this on one of the radio stations after the match. On several occasions apparently the Port wingmen were allowed to run free behind the pack and collect easy uncontested possessions or free up the Port midfield to clear the ball. We were labeled as unprofessional and it was considered a rarity in the AFL these days for that to happen so often. I think the word they used was unaccountable. Not sure who was to blame but in the last quarter when it happened twice in a row Bell was sub'd shortly after, but it could has easily been another player as well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #188
Firstly on a positive note I want to say a big well done to Davy Ellard. Thought he competed well and had a really good game. Can't understand why MM subbed Bell instead of Kruezer or Warnock or one of the other talls?

Plz Plz stop slowly destroying Kruezer's career by trying to make him into a forward. Let him ruck 80% of the time and he will be a jet. Hammer will thrive at Richmond because he will play in the position we should've played him.
Eat more chooks

Reply #189
We are the worst field kicking side in the AFL bar none, it wouldn't matter who coached us because we just don't have the skill.
The endeavour is fine, but we don't have the cattle.

Quite possibly a good deal of truth in that.

bfl, you were quite a prolific poster on the old site. Gone a bit quiet on the new one.

I've lost a bit of interest given the woeful draw the AFL have handed us.
Three day games for the year, two Sunday nights, half a dozen Sunday 4.40 games, I'm too old for this crape.
Still a passionate Blue Boy, this would have been by 51st year as a member but what's the point when I'll be going to two or three games?
My sister has been a member as long as me and still is, she reckons she's seen her last Carlton flag and I'm starting to agree with her.
Last night's team was only missing Juddy and Scotto and our skills were woeful, Jamison's shank late in the game was just more of the same and Thomas seems to have caught the disease, the best kick in the side is Yarran but he can't get the ball.
After hardly missing a game in our dark years what's being dished up now doesn't excite me, I honestly expected another flag by now.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #190

Casboult has the turning circle of a Mack truck and can't kick to save his life, it's desperation stakes if we're pinning our hopes on him.
Warnock is average, but Casboult is sub average.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #191
22 players had operations during the off season. A lot of players have had interrupted pre seasons so I never expected the team to be anywhere near fit. The way the game panned out shouldn't have been a surprise. We won't be hitting our straps for a while yet.

Means that by the team is collectively 100% game fit, our season will be well & truly forked......great, just forking great.....over before it even started.....

Glass half full or empty Brettie!

Reply #192

Casboult has the turning circle of a Mack truck and can't kick to save his life, it's desperation stakes if we're pinning our hopes on him.

Well turning circles have nothing to do with ruck work, and his disposal is on par with half of our team.. But he can atleast take marks in the forward line...
IMO I'd drop Kreuzer for Casboult. Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it until Kreuzer gives us something.

Reply #193

Well turning circles have nothing to do with ruck work, and his disposal is on par with half of our team.. But he can atleast take marks in the forward line...
IMO I'd drop Kreuzer for Casboult. Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it until Kreuzer gives us something.

I honestly thought Kreuzer went OK, our rucks were both let down by our midfield for most of the night.
I don't think Casboult would give us any more,and probably less although Warnock has zero impact in general play, at least Kreuzer gets involved.
Murphy went well, Bell goes in hard and has a future, Robbo butchered the ball, McLean had a dirty one, Ellard isn't an AFL class mid and we'd be better off putting games into Cripps.
We'll be much better with Juddy and Carratts back but we can't rely on those ctwo for much longer.

Reply #194
I am not prepared to back Kreuzer or any player again. When they perform week after week I may reconsider. Hammer is ready to hand us a beating, just to teach us a lesson. Wayne Carey commented on how Port have had a huge pre-season last season to get their cardio up to scratch, and have followed the same up this season.

I know we have had injuries and not the best ability to prep every player. However its time to sort players into the cracked, sacked or keep basket and not be soft about it. Those that don't have the intention to be a worker can't be a passenger again. Not many stoop up or stepped up to the plate when the going got tough last night. If any at all. This was round 1 when players are expected to be enthusiastic about a new season ahead. This could become one of the worst starts to a season we have seen for a while. Richmond waiting to smash us, and then Essenscum ready to do the exact same.

No Carrazzo or Judd is not our issue. We can't be bothered running hard both ways. We can't be bothered laying tackles. Just sticking one arm out and expecting players to stick like flies to fly-paper. If it wasn't for Ellard and Curnow, it might have been even worse.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.