Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80096 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #210
We don't protect the ball carrier to any level that is comparable with other clubs, it not part of our culture.  :-[
The Force Awakens!

Reply #211
Oh and last time I saw Casboult ruck he went pretty well.. Definitely not a terrible call IMO..

Casboult has the turning circle of a Mack truck and can't kick to save his life, it's desperation stakes if we're pinning our hopes on him.
Warnock is average, but Casboult is sub average.

Well turning circles have nothing to do with ruck work, and his disposal is on par with half of our team.. But he can atleast take marks in the forward line...
IMO I'd drop Kreuzer for Casboult. Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it until Kreuzer gives us something.

Hang on - so are you saying Casboult is a ruckman or a forward???
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #212
Cheers but actually don't give a flying F%@# at what the vocal minority think (you're excluded of course), expect the same old experts to come on and preach the same old bs about patience and game plans, I only care about ethos and spirit. Lets face it the game plan at Lone Pine stunk, but the courage under fire will live for eternity, I only want 0.1% of that demonstrated in a navy blue jumper at any given opportunity. But I now know that the likes of Gibbs and Kreuser will never be that individual, and that hurts.

I understand you completely. I myself just want to see every player giving it a red hot go. Playing for the team, as a team and trying to do their best at every execution. Running hard both ways. Trying to stick every tackle. Protecting the ball carrier. Doing all the second and third efforts. Eyes on the ball and trying to win every stoppage. Just doing what ever it takes to do what benefits the entire side. Playing as a team, and not for the individual pay cheque.
Mantis me old mate, almost spot on. You just needed to add the words "week in week out no matter who runs out" after the above.

Just got back from work interstate and am now grateful I wasn't here to attend that game, especially to witness that last quarter capitulation. Watched the replay late last night. Who were those blokes in the Kreuzer and McLean jumpers? Coupla rough looking blokes from the crowd? McInnes... sorry, but nuh.

If you start slowly but get into stride and finish well, mmm, there's something there to build on. But when you start well (probably because your opponent hasn't yet gotten into stride) and slowly dwindle, show a bit, then completely give up - something's crook in Tootgarook.

Our pre-season form was to play 80 minutes of football... and to ensure we going missing in the final quarter (which now might become a psychological problem) and guess what, viola, it continued into the season proper.

We may, at this stage, be the softest side (between the lugholes) in the comp.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #213
Oh and last time I saw Casboult ruck he went pretty well.. Definitely not a terrible call IMO..

Casboult has the turning circle of a Mack truck and can't kick to save his life, it's desperation stakes if we're pinning our hopes on him.

Well turning circles have nothing to do with ruck work, and his disposal is on par with half of our team.. But he can atleast take marks in the forward line...
IMO I'd drop Kreuzer for Casboult. Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it until Kreuzer gives us something.

He's a forward who can help out in the ruck when Warnock needs a break.

Reply #214
No offence to Slug Ellard, but when someone 1 metre tall and 17 kgs (your smallest mid) is your best player, you know you're in trouble.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #215

The last time Casboult relief rucked for Warnock it was an unmitigated disaster. Warnock gained ascendancy then went off the ground late in the 1st quarter. At that time Casboult was bent over the opposition ruckmen for a good 5 minutes from which they ended up full of confidence and smashed us for the rest of the match.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #216

Agree, our second ruck should definitely primarily have good forward abilities as long as he is a passably competent ruckman. We seem to have a bit of a problem in that neither Kreuz nor Levi has yet shown the require abilities as a forward yet. Maybe worth trying but I wouldn't expect a massive improvement by bringing in Levi tbh - or Rowe for that matter.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #217
Another disappointing aspect of the game was that we again found ourselves out numbered at many  stoppages. Maybe it was a fitness thing but given our rich history of doing this it suggests we still don't want to work hard enough.

Reply #218
Another disappointing aspect of the game was that we again found ourselves out numbered at many  stoppages. Maybe it was a fitness thing but given our rich history of doing this it suggests we still don't want to work hard enough.

Too many show ponies and not enough war horses.

Reply #219
Warnock is a dud and we should trade him out......having a ruckman who cant mark the ball or play anywhere else but the pine isnt good enough in the modern game....I dont care how many hitouts he gets.

Casboult would be better value even with his diminished ruck skills...I d rather a player who can mark the footy and give us something around the ground and up forward. He can learn to ruck with experience.

Kruezer only plays well as No 1 ruckman and can be some value allbeit rarely of late around the ground and up forward....

Its a no brainer to me that 206 needs relocating to another club......

Reply #220
Warnock is a dud and we should trade him out......having a ruckman who cant mark the ball or play anywhere else but the pine isnt good enough in the modern game....I dont care how many hitouts he gets.

Casboult would be better value even with his diminished ruck skills...I d rather a player who can mark the footy and give us something around the ground and up forward. He can learn to ruck with experience.

Kruezer only plays well as No 1 ruckman and can be some value allbeit rarely of late around the ground and up forward....

Id agree with this.

Elwood, where do you sit with MK, Yazz and Gibbs as other possible outgoings?

Reply #221

Id agree with this.

Apologies for butting in here, but i offer two reasons for keeping Yazz and Bryce :
1. we are crap at trading, and we will in all likelihood end up being dudded with worse players than those two.
2. They are probably the two best kicks in our team, an area in which we are grossly deficient.

As for krooz, I can't make the hard calls, so no comment from me. 

Reply #222

Id agree with this.

Something has to give Pratty..........dont have a problem with trading any of those players as long as we get a good return that helps fix problems on our list.

Reply #223

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-17/swans-troubled-by-big-issue

Looks like the Swans may be on the look out for a ruckman for next year. Maybe we should be talking to them about a suitable trade for Warnock before too long? They may be desperate and jump at a deal?

Reply #224
Murphy needs to learn how to Captain.
Too many times on at crucial stages on Sunday, he shirked responsibility and through his actions, deflated team and supporter morale.

Captains Effort Fail 1
Running into goal late in the 2nd term he should ve gone for it himself, but handballed to he of fantastic skills Robbo, wjo missed a virtually open goal. Would ve put us 2 and half goals up and grabbed some momentum going into half time.

Captains Effort Fail 2
Late in the 3rd qtr, he takes a mark inside 50 on a slight angle. Captains goal time we all thought, as a goal would ve stretched the lead out  to over  two goals. What does he do ? Sh*t himself, and handball over to Touhy who misses.

Captains Effort Fail 3
Early in the last term, Murphy gets the ball on the wing and bursts  forward with Gibbs  open for a handpass and then  an opportunity for a shot at goal. What does Murph do ? Hold onto the ball too long, and then fluff the pass to Gibbs, Port get the ball take it down the field and get the first goal of the last, so instead of being 2 goals up and with the momentum of the 1st goal of the last quarter, momentum swung Ports ways and we never got it back.

At  least under Judd, while he wasn't the most vocal captain, cometh the hour, cometh the man. We all remember countless games over the years when games were on the line, when Judd stepped up as Captain and just said ' come with me' and the troops have followed.