Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 25164 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #105
I think a couple of our kids could be the equal or better of Treloar, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Dow is already ahead of him game for game.

They just need time, strength and fitness, so we have to be very careful about who we pick up so the progress of our kids isn't stalled.

Personally, if we had a Tom McDonald type being "The Man" in our F50, and one other heavy body to be an enforcer type, I think that is all we need! But even then, next year with a fit Doc, Plowman, another season for McKay, Weitering, Marchbank, Williamson, Macreadie, SPS, Dow, Kerr and O'Brien. I think fans will be very surprised at how quickly things can turn around!

I worry about our ruck depth, I can see McKay spending more time in there than we would like. Next game's selection will be interesting, no doubt we want Kreuzer around the ground, but Lobbe is doing OK in the centre bounces. Might be a good thing for SpecialK to have a bit of competition, maybe that Cripps chop out role for SpecialK is a genuine option now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
Shawny was accurate IMO and the kid is lucky to be playing because glimpses of anything great are rare....
Have a gander at these stats.....Polson had 4 disposals @ 25% DE with 2 clangars...plus 4 tackles.......Not really a cracker of a game you would agree.
He is obviously a popular player with his teammates and coach because he wouldnt be getting a game based on his output IMO.....

Simmo was getting similar numbers in the early days. He is the equivalent of an apprentice. Let him learn the trade before we bag him. That goes for anyone under 21 years of age.

Reply #107
Whateley doing his best to poke fun at us again on SEN, King being a little more reasonable if not reserved!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
Whateley doing his best to poke fun at us again on SEN, King being a little more reasonable if not reserved!

He's becoming a parody of himself....gee I miss the days of decent ABC commentators. 
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #109
Was GW always such a jerk or has his recent 'success; gone to his head...?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #110
I can understand the love for Polson, he goes hell for leather and is an endearing sort of kid, and he's wearing Navy Blue after all, but I think that it's fair to say that if we had a full list to pick from or any other small forward with a semblance of ability he'd be in the VFL.
If Nick Graham had his pace we'd have a decent footballer.
We are desperately short of small forwards, it should be a top priority in the off season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #111

He's always had that sort of snide, condescending tone in his voice.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #112
Wallis would be a no from me for reasons I have said on another thread......Dahlhaus would be 50/50, handy goalkicker but very small and we already have a forward pocket pressure machine
in Cameron Polson... ;)

I'd see Dahlhaus as being an upgrade on Matty Wright. Love what Wright has brought to the club, but has dropped off a bit this year.

Reply #113
He's becoming a parody of himself....gee I miss the days of decent ABC commentators.

GW reminds me of a schoolboy know-all and aspiring teacher's pet. I personally switch him off these days - well past his use-by date afaic.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114
GW reminds me of a schoolboy know-all and aspiring teacher's pet. I personally switch him off these days - well past his use-by date afaic.

I don't mind him or any other commentator being critical, but if anyone tries to call Whateley out he cuts them off.

If you want to be a critique then stand up and take the feedback. Hunchy's crew are mostly unaccountable, they talk down to the fans, footballers and many other of the games commentators, it's a form of bruise free reporting!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #115
I'd see Dahlhaus as being an upgrade on Matty Wright. Love what Wright has brought to the club, but has dropped off a bit this year.

I'd agree with that and like I said would consider him for his forward pocket work but I dont see him as any immediate answer to our midfield issues.
FWIW I think Wright will get another year but that may be it...

Reply #116
I'd agree with that and like I said would consider him for his forward pocket work but I dont see him as any immediate answer to our midfield issues.
FWIW I think Wright will get another year but that may be it...

I agree, I much prefer Dahl in the forward line. If we could get him and he could add a goal a goal or two a game, I think he'd be valuable. I'd like to see Wright get another year regardless, worst case scenario he adds depth and leadership in the two's.

Reply #117

Not sure a significant dip in ratings would be a 'success'.  His profile is up due to 360 and his association with the village idiot, Robbo and his highly intelligent interactions with Trout from Woodend and  Matt in Doreen (ain't that getting old!) but in radio terms, he's floundering.

Reply #118
For mine, collectively, that was the best I've seen the young blokes perform and many would've played their best games for the Blues.....Dow, O'Brien, Kennedy, SPS. We look much better with Byrne in the side providing some run out of the backline. Said it last week, put Docherty, Plowman and also Williamson back in there and it will look better. And again, thought Lobbe was terrific....Witts is a massive unit but Lobbe was competitive all night and fought hard around the ground. Cripps is a phenomenal player and has had leader written all over him since day 1.

Yes we're 18th and Gold Coast are 17th, but mighty proud of the Blues on Saturday night....felt more pleased for Bolton than anyone. It was like the shackles were removed after 1/4 time and the young blokes were just told to play with some freedom, take the game on and just go out and play....certainly looked that way.

Reply #119

If we were to bring in Dahlhaus, I’d prefer to see him as an upgrade of someone who can’t get a game.  Wright may have dropped off a bit but his best is still very good and he is the only experienced forward we have.  I’m not sure that Dahlhaus would bring the steadiness of Wright.

If Wright does get a contract extension, I’d like to see a couple of our youngsters putting pressure on him for his spot, particularly if they can add strength to our midfield rotations.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball